Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Detroit Iron
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Misbehaven, you moved your coil? I've seen this before. Why? Where do you have the horn. Just curious about the setup.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Alaska_FatBoy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance/Hines 2/1 with screaming eagle heavy breather?

I'm looking at running a screaming eagle K&N heavy breather w v&h big radius 2/1 thoughts?

Old 07-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaska_FatBoy
I'm looking at running a screaming eagle K&N heavy breather w v&h big radius 2/1 thoughts?
Sounds like a good choice. Just get a good tuner/

Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Slammers

Hey AKFATBOY I really like my Street slammers. Ergonomics of wrist location and reach are right for me at 5'9". I'm using the S&S tuned intake and Basanni 2 into 1 pipes which I like. Only regret so far is spending a bunch of money on a cam swap and gaining about 2hp and 7trq. Really like the bike though and am saving for Shotgun shocks right now. I'm in Valdez by the way.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:28 AM
Alaska_FatBoy
Intermediate
Default Intake/Exhaust 2012 Fatboy lo

My plan as of now is to run the 2/1 Vance/Hines with the heavy breather installed by the dealer and have them do the hd flash on it. I talked to Vance and Hines they saids that would be fine if it doesn't run right then add the fuel pak. I have no plans of running any performance tuners. Im kinda just getting started if am I in left field please tell me. Snowyone if you get up to Fairbanks give a shout beer is on me.

Thanks Guys

Old 07-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Manz4
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Welcome to the cool kids club from Wisconsin.
Thanks for the welcome. You and some others have inspired me to make my lo my own. (Using many of your ideas.)

Old 07-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Manz4
4th Gear
Default Rear End Mods

I am just starting to add mods to my 2012 Fat Boy Lo Denim Black. I have a question for the list: Will the tall HD sissy bar and the
MotherWell Solo Luggage Rack fit together? Thanks.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Detroit Iron
Hey Misbehaven, you moved your coil? I've seen this before. Why? Where do you have the horn. Just curious about the setup.
I just think the coil looks better there. And with it moved you can get rid of the seat post and open up the back side of the motor. I relocated my horn behind the top mounting bracket of my engine guard.
Some pics of the open space made by taking away the seat post.
Name:  DSCF1831.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  88.3 KB
Name:  DSCF1824.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  117.3 KB

Old 07-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Alaska_FatBoy
My plan as of now is to run the 2/1 Vance/Hines with the heavy breather installed by the dealer and have them do the hd flash on it. I talked to Vance and Hines they saids that would be fine if it doesn't run right then add the fuel pak. I have no plans of running any performance tuners. Im kinda just getting started if am I in left field please tell me. Snowyone if you get up to Fairbanks give a shout beer is on me.

Thanks Guys
From everything I have read the dealer flash is still going to leave the bike running lean. It is EPA compliant. Your best bet is to save the money on the flash and go with the fuel pak, Power commander or other tuner.

Originally Posted by Manz4
I am just starting to add mods to my 2012 Fat Boy Lo Denim Black. I have a question for the list: Will the tall HD sissy bar and the
MotherWell Solo Luggage Rack fit together? Thanks.
Yes the Motherwell rack will fit with the sissy bar. I have it on my bike. Sorry no pi of it at this time. I will have some when I get home in a few weeks.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Hitman1223
1st Gear

i have a 2012 lo, and i want to throw some drag bars on there. my local shop is charging over a thousand to put them on (i already have the bars). anyone have any experiance installing them? how difficult was it? what problems i could run into?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners