Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 04:36 PM
highdrum
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey.....he's willing to get you in on a national holiday, thats something to be thankful for......

Old 06-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyfiremedic
Ok fellow Lo riders...

I know the windshield takes away cool points, but at this point I am looking for comfort. Looking at the HD Vs Memphis Shades. Like them both.
So here are the questions, Who has what and do you like it? Is there another manufacture i should look at? Removable or Permanent?

Lastly, I stopped at a local dealer and sat on a Low and had them hold up the windshield sizer. I was looking through the sizer at 18", was told that I should be looking over the top of the windshield and that I would want a 15 or 16" shield. Does that sound right to you guys?

Thanks all
I also have the black HD kingsize detachable. It came in at 21" but I had 3.5" cut off and it is perfect for me. I like that it only takes seconds to remove and install, once the hardware is mounted.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Bummed

Scheduled to take bike into today for work tomorrow for clutch switch replacement. Talking to the wife right before leaving about needing to look for new front tire soon. Well soon came today. Looked at the front tire couldn't believe how lumpy it was. Can't believe I let it get that bad, man really working the guardian angel on that one. Problem is weather really great the next couple of days and dealer has to order tire. Getting Michelin commander ll on the font now. Well at least I am able to complain about it and not fixing bike due to tire blowing.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I also have the black HD kingsize detachable. It came in at 21" but I had 3.5" cut off and it is perfect for me. I like that it only takes seconds to remove and install, once the hardware is mounted.
this is the one I have... the frame is black, need I say more??

Old 06-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

HD...Hundreds of Dollars

Last edited by Fatburger; 06-26-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Grateful Son
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pround new owner of a 2010 Fatboy Lo here! Bought used with 4800 miles on the clock, has aftermarket HD speedo/tach, & Rush slip ons. I added a curved black license plate frame to get rid of that horrible billboard type oem tag holder!

Name:  IMG_0256.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  165.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0255.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  161.8 KB

Old 06-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by iamawakenowtvm
I really appreciate the extra effort...I will try that out...My problem has been trying to save money by looking at the discount retailers...It has drove me crazy with the generic descriptions,etc...

As far as bags go, I want enough space for rain gear, a pistol, a few tools...Or just enough for a quick run to dollar general or something...Because of my health, I will have to trailer the bike if I am driving far enough to stay overnight...

I will try this route and see what happens...Thanks again..
Dude, I'll sell you a black HD backrest that is machined to fit without relocating the signals. Alot of guys on here do that. Look at previous posts. I have a long one that hasn't been modified and a shorter one that has. You can have both and the docking gear for 300.00. Pads included. Pics won't post on here. I'm NOT Ashamed to admit I don't know how the fck to re-size pics lol. Look on Craigslist Sacramento, Ca under "Two HD backrests".

Last edited by Fatburger; 06-26-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:49 PM
jtb4ever
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just added harley ape and riser kit...LOVE THEM!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-169606_450822044941506_452194068_o.jpg  
Old 06-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grateful Son
Pround new owner of a 2010 Fatboy Lo here! Bought used with 4800 miles on the clock, has aftermarket HD speedo/tach, & Rush slip ons. I added a curved black license plate frame to get rid of that horrible billboard type oem tag holder!

Welcome to the cool kids club, enjoy the DARK SIDE, ride and MOD safe, looking forward to see all the mods and changes yours and all the new lo riders out there

Old 06-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyfiremedic
Ok fellow Lo riders...

I know the windshield takes away cool points, but at this point I am looking for comfort. Looking at the HD Vs Memphis Shades. Like them both.
So here are the questions, Who has what and do you like it? Is there another manufacture i should look at? Removable or Permanent?

Lastly, I stopped at a local dealer and sat on a Low and had them hold up the windshield sizer. I was looking through the sizer at 18", was told that I should be looking over the top of the windshield and that I would want a 15 or 16" shield. Does that sound right to you guys?

Thanks all
I'm 5'10 1/2", 32" inseam, and have the 18" detachable..I only mount it for look weekend rides. if I sit up straight I look over it, but my normal relaxed riding position i'm looking directly through it.. I don't have a problem looking through it, it's when I adjust myself in to the wrong position that i'm looking half-over and half-through that i have problems. Realistically you "should" look over them, but I don't do things like that.. also, get the detachable, because when you're cruising around town or something, you're not going to want it on.
IMO on hot summer days, keeping the wind away from you at normal speeds is only going to make you (not the bike) feel warmer..i like that breeze keeping me cool

I've read that if you want to cut the windshields, a good way to do it is tape the entire cutting surface front and back with painters tape, draw your line, then use a circular saw at low-moderate RPMs and make a single cut.. don't stop in one spot or hesitate because you'll melt the material..just keep cutting

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners