Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Joe_Brock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim_bo
I hope not. I'll be putting them on this week!!
Jim...let me know what you needed to change out, and any lessons learned when you are done swapping the bars (Im assuming you are doing the install yourself). Thanks!

Old 06-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
I have agree, the bike looks much better with smoked lenses and the light trim ring black, even looks cleaner when you move the lights to the forks, next step train necklace denim black, I also got my ness mirrors in they deff clean up the top of bars looks bad a$$ here are a few pics

I got stuck just outside your town today for an hour on 70 because of an accident on the way back from the Flight 93 memorial... What did you use to relocate your turns? will it work with the windshield kit?
I am still waiting to install my slammers.. and wanting to do it soon..

Are you going to this rally this year?
http://www.eastcoaststurgis.com/

Old 06-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Jim_bo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
with the street slammers, the stock cables will work except for the front brake line.. it's like 1" too short or something
Are you sure about this? That's the first time I have heard anyone say that. I do hope you are wrong.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Stratoscape
I got stuck just outside your town today for an hour on 70 because of an accident on the way back from the Flight 93 memorial... What did you use to relocate your turns? will it work with the windshield kit?
I am still waiting to install my slammers.. and wanting to do it soon..

Are you going to this rally this year?
http://www.eastcoaststurgis.com/
I will prob be at east cost sturgis this year I hear it's a good time
As far a relocating the turn signals, yes you can do it with a windsheild, it's actully very simple. If you are moderately good with wiring and a creative mind it's a peice of cake, there is a post on here that gives you a base line for doing it,
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...p-mods-30.html

Let me know if that works if not I'll send or another way or I might be able to remember steps,good luck.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Nice trim ring Smokey. Which windshield is that and what height did you have it cut to? It looks lower then stock. I've been thinking about getting one for the winter but that one looks good enough I might decide to run it full time. Captain Morgan, did you have the dummy one with the low fuel LED in it? I've been thinking about going with a set eventually but I'm still trying to find out if the Miles remaining on the odometer will still work.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:14 AM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Nice trim ring Smokey. Which windshield is that and what height did you have it cut to? It looks lower then stock. I've been thinking about getting one for the winter but that one looks good enough I might decide to run it full time. Captain Morgan, did you have the dummy one with the low fuel LED in it? I've been thinking about going with a set eventually but I'm still trying to find out if the Miles remaining on the odometer will still work.
Fatbob, I wish I had the trim ring on when I took the pics. It's subtle but makes a big difference IMO.

The windshield is the detachable king-size for FL Softail Models - Gloss black (http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US).

I had it cut down to my nose when sitting on the bike. They ended up cutting off roughly 5 inches to bring it to around 15-16" height. Now they sell a "compact" one that's a little narrower and 2 inches shorter (than the 21" king-size). That loss of two inches probably still isn't nearly enough unless you are much taller than I am. I like mine enough that I ride with it on 95% of the time, but it still comes off in 15 seconds if I want it to.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:49 AM
td234
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SmokeyTN
Fatbob, I wish I had the trim ring on when I took the pics. It's subtle but makes a big difference IMO.

The windshield is the detachable king-size for FL Softail Models - Gloss black (http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US).

I had it cut down to my nose when sitting on the bike. They ended up cutting off roughly 5 inches to bring it to around 15-16" height. Now they sell a "compact" one that's a little narrower and 2 inches shorter (than the 21" king-size). That loss of two inches probably still isn't nearly enough unless you are much taller than I am. I like mine enough that I ride with it on 95% of the time, but it still comes off in 15 seconds if I want it to.
I finally got mine cut down. It is also nose height and stands about 14". It was not a big deal to cut, but the guy started to heat/polish the edge and had to stop. Seems that most cleaners leave a residue that when heated leaves a smokey effect along the edge. I ended up using 220 grit sand paper and steel wool and in about 10 minute had the edges looking perfect. Love it at that height. Can see right over it but wind is directed over my head. Wife says it hits her in the face though. Guess she just needs her own bike.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:53 AM
td234
Cruiser
Default frame stickers

I have not seen anyone address this so I thought i would ask.

I see everyone is taking off stickers and reflectors, but there are two stickers on the front of the frame that no one seems to remove. Is there some resins these have to remain? I see they have some build numbers on them and the VIN, but that is also on the frame.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Fierofly
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine are gone. I used a hair dryer to heat them and removed in one piece and placed them in the back of my owners manual.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim_bo
Are you sure about this? That's the first time I have heard anyone say that. I do hope you are wrong.
I don't know if the ABS line is any different, but my stock non-ABS brake line was too short when I put my street-slammers on my 2010..the HD manuals that dealers have on their shelves (that list all the corresponding cable part #'s to the handlebars) show the same thing, the thing that needs to change is the front brake line.. you can probably get away with the stock line, but it's going to be tight when you turn the handlebars (that's how it was with mine)

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners