Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 06:06 PM
sandsquid
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Misbehaven how do you like that solo bag? How long have you had it? How is it holding up and how much stuff does it hold. I'm asking the questions a little late considering I just ordered one.

Last edited by sandsquid; 06-16-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know which one you ordered, but I have the Leatherworks 5" bag and it's great..thick leather, water resistant, and holds a bunch of stuff.. if you're able to though, try your hand at making a mounting bracket for it.. and if not, invest in some 3M 33+ tape or something and wrap your swingarm thoroughly, else the straps will rub right through the powdercoat on the thing

Old 06-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by sandsquid
Hey Misbehaven how do you like that solo bag? How long have you had it? How is it holding up and how much stuff does it hold. I'm asking the questions a little late considering I just ordered one.
Looks like SGT_Jim answered that one for you. And yes find that 3m clear shield if your going to use the straps. My bag is less then a year old and I really have not used it much. But it is one of the best made swing arm bags.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Jim_bo
Cruiser

If anyone has tried to put apes on their ABS softail, you probably can attest to how much of a pain in the *** it is to find a top ABS line. Everything else is easy. I was putting 14" apes on my Lo when I got frustrated with the brake line deal, so I just bought some street slammers instead.

However, I just noticed that someone bought all the lines and cables for an ABS softail, but he bought them too short for his 16" apes. But they are the perfect length for the 14" apes. So... if you have been thinking about blacked out apes for an ABS bike.... you should look at this thread.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Joe_Brock
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jim_bo
If anyone has tried to put apes on their ABS softail, you probably can attest to how much of a pain in the *** it is to find a top ABS line. Everything else is easy. I was putting 14" apes on my Lo when I got frustrated with the brake line deal, so I just bought some street slammers instead.

However, I just noticed that someone bought all the lines and cables for an ABS softail, but he bought them too short for his 16" apes. But they are the perfect length for the 14" apes. So... if you have been thinking about blacked out apes for an ABS bike.... you should look at this thread.

Do you not have to extend cables or wires with the streetslammers?

Old 06-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Toby Newman
Stage I
Default cruise control

is anybody making a electronic cruise control for the 2012 softail models ?

Old 06-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Jim_bo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Joe_Brock
Do you not have to extend cables or wires with the streetslammers?
I hope not. I'll be putting them on this week!!

Old 06-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with the street slammers, the stock cables will work except for the front brake line.. it's like 1" too short or something

Old 06-17-2012, 08:12 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

So I looked today and I may have "accidently" lied to some people who ask the question... Yes, the large leatherworks bag does drag... a lot, lol.

Nothing new with me on the mods part... I bought a really cheap, chrome luggage rack that I am in the process of painting gloss black and I am also working on painting the stock gas caps black too; pics to follow, but don't expect them any time soon. With that in mind, anyone looking for some RSD Gas caps (fuel cap and dummy cap)?

I have these on right now, but they aren't quite going with my "theme"... If you are interested, let me know. I will be wanting to sell them as soon as I get the stockers painted to match my console. They look bad ***, but just don't really do it for me on my bike.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:34 PM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

Took some recent pics after cleaning up the scoot. It's a good status update for where I am these days...only thing changed since then is I put a gloss black headlight ring on.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dsc_1113.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dsc_1115.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dsc_1116.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dsc_1118.jpg  

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners