Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 05:59 PM
deadrider
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Now I just paid for my bike today and with the long weekend I cant pick it up till Tuesday.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Miked053
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A shameless plug I know, but..... I am selling my old V&H short shots in black if anyone is interested.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by deadrider
Hey Now I just paid for my bike today and with the long weekend I cant pick it up till Tuesday.
WTF? I would demand it by Friday if it's at the dealership. BTW congrats on the new bike and welcome to the cool kids club.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:49 AM
Toledofatboy
Advanced

If my new bike was at the dealer, and I had paid for it, and there is two full working days until the weekend, I would tell them to get off thier *** and get it ready or give my money back.
When I was buying mine the first dealer I was working with had this attitude like they were doing me a favor selling me a bike..walked out, went to the next dealer.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:48 AM
td234
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Miked053
A shameless plug I know, but..... I am selling my old V&H short shots in black if anyone is interested.
If my 2012 didn't need some new fangled version of those I would be interested.

BTW, what VH pipes allow you to still have the passenger pegs. I see some (like the 2-into-1) cover the foot peg spot. I believe the 2-into-2 and the short shots work. Do any others?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:49 AM
td234
Cruiser

Originally Posted by deadrider
Really? I rode away with mine after I signed the papers. Why do they need two days?

Old 05-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by td234
If my 2012 didn't need some new fangled version of those I would be interested.

BTW, what VH pipes allow you to still have the passenger pegs. I see some (like the 2-into-1) cover the foot peg spot. I believe the 2-into-2 and the short shots work. Do any others?
most V&H will work.. I had the big shots staggered blacks on mine for a while and they were fine. Oh and btw, you can put pre-2012 pipes on your bike, you just need the $20 O2 sensor adapters.. or if you get a fuel tuner, just plug the holes anyways. I'm actually running a set of pipes for a 2000 model year with no O2 sensors on them at all.

Really? I rode away with mine after I signed the papers. Why do they need two days?
Tuesday is a lot of time away.. I signed my papers, then had to pick it up the next business day (i bought it on a friday); mostly because mine was literally just off the delivery truck so they had to assemble her and take her for the test run and such before I could take it home..but still, i had her on the following monday

Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow, this thread has been surprisingly quiet for the last week. Weird.

I have Rush 1.5" slip-on on my 2012. Did not want to spend the bigger bucks right off the bat. I get a little decal popping. Was going to wait till I save up and get AC, PV and VH 2-into-2s. But I was just thinking, if Fuelmoto will give me a good deal on the AC and PV, I could get that now and get it tuned for the slip-ons and then get a different map later when I get new pipes.

Sound like a good plan?
I know other's might give me **** over this, but keep saving and get the PV and Auto Tune at the same time. With that combination you will be in full control of your own tune and be able to adapt to all future changes you make to the bike (exhaust, AC, cams, etc).

With the Auto Tune WB O2 sensors you log the actual air movement in and exhaust out of the engine, and spark curves (among a LOT of other ECU parameters). Your map is absolutely custom to your bike. You do it under your normal riding conditions instead of in the vacuum of a dyno room. A canned map will never quite be right for your bike, might be close, but not custom to YOUR bike. Every engine breathes different, even given identical ac/exhaust/cams.

With PV/AT you'll be able to update your own tune if you decide to change a component in the future. Oh, and if you think you'll be 'done' making changes at some point, think again. I started with Rush slip-ons, I'm now on my 5th exhaust setup, and 3rd AC setup and 2nd cam setup.

Some of us are never satisfied.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
..Oh, and if you think you'll be 'done' making changes at some point, think again. I started with Rush slip-ons, I'm now on my 5th exhaust setup, and 3rd AC setup and 2nd cam setup.

Some of us are never satisfied.
And some of us are glad. Thanks for the AC!
M

Old 05-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Problem with tuners is there are so many option and everyone has there idea what's the best... I have PCV and I've been kicking around with getting either a auto tuner for it jumping on PV or heading over to a thundermax,I've heard so many ups and downs on both units and I do beleive that the PV is a good unit but either somebody told me or I read it Somewhere but the thundermax does a little better adjusting fuel trim when riding from sea level to up in the mountains which is what I do 90 percent of the time, I know someone a little more knolagefull on this subject may chim in and I welcome the info

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners