Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt990724
Dude, that must be a bright-*** setup! I bet you look like a UFO coming down the road.
I was thinking the same thing. But they look good on there. Just remove the reflectors and it will look much better. Congrats on the new bike.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Loride
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the LED headlamps... The ONLY way to go...

Realize that I'm a newbie to the forum... but really hate this string of posts... 702 pages... Really? Any way to better organize thoughts?! I made it to page xxx before I had to say f-it... Really wish all of this GREAT fatboy lo knowledge and sharing was better organized into categories/subjects without searching or googling.

Why not have one string for all Harley riders to post to about everything... saves moderators from working at all...

With this setup, looks like moderators can stay lowwww maintenance...

Old 05-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Deadanimal
Tourer

Originally Posted by Josewales
Thanx man. Good luck getting your pipes sorted out.

I frikin love the sound and looks to the duals. Wasn't sure about the looks until a few days back in the garage. They grew on me pretty fast. Next week I am dropping in to a machinist to lathe some simple alum tips to slip on for matching the front light rings.

More mods incoming shortly...

Odered some 'Biker's Choice' black round mirrors for old skool look and PC the rear signal lights w/ smoke lenses. The Alloy Art strut markers I will probably leave out...the lack of visibility bothers me now.
I'm damn out of $$$ now and will have to wait to do any more mods till next year or so! Freaking sucks! I'm gonna have to stay off this forum as to not get my self in trouble!!!

Old 05-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadanimal
I'm damn out of $$$ now and will have to wait to do any more mods till next year or so! Freaking sucks! I'm gonna have to stay off this forum as to not get my self in trouble!!!
I hear ya...my piggy bank is broke now also. RRSPs and terms are looking very tasty atm. But I am so close to finishing my mission....for now. Screw it, live for now and not when I am gone:P

Old 05-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Coltdogg
3rd Gear

Thanks guys. The LED lights are the best. Will not ever ride without them...

I just bought the Part number 200442. Its a Independent Control Auxiliary Lamp Wire Harness Kit. It is so I can keep my Auxiliary Lamps on with my High Beam light.

I seem to get a lot more light from my Auxiliary Lams.

Name:  64139_388238877854982_100000066193981_1570919_1369554100_n.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  27.3 KB

Last edited by Coltdogg; 05-20-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like I'm going to break my riding into work streak tomorrow. I moved down to Florida at the end of December and have ridden to work everyday since but the Lo is at the dealer getting checked out till Tuesday. It started making a tapping noise from the front cylinder. Hopefully it still makes the noise when the mechanics check it out and they can fix it. I'm also hoping they don't give me a hard time about fixing it under warranty. The idiot I talked to when I made the appointment said they might not cover it since I didn't get my 5000 mile service done there. The bike has 7500 on it right now. He said that if it was something that they could have found at the 5000 they won't cover it. Of course it wasn't making the stupid noise at 5000 miles and the 5000 mile service is basically an elaborate oil change anyways. Since this is supposed to be the mod thread I'll post something mod related. I've decided I want to do the adjustable highway pegs for father's day. I'm getting HD's kit with RSD's Black Ops Chrono footpegs. Should be comfy.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:34 AM
glara32
Stage I
Default DaveFLSTFB leather sattlebag

[QUOTE=DaveFLSTFB;6545420]How many of us out there now?

DaveFLSTDB
Love the way you've customized ur ride. Where did you get your leather bag?

Old 05-21-2012, 09:47 AM
td234
Cruiser
Smile

Originally Posted by Coltdogg
Just thought I would stop by, new to the page and show my ride a bit.

Welcome! Nice ride. Love the lights. Need to get those reflectors off though.

UPDATE: See in later thread you removed the reflectors. Great minds think alike.

Last edited by td234; 05-21-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
It looks like I'm going to break my riding into work streak tomorrow. I moved down to Florida at the end of December and have ridden to work everyday since but the Lo is at the dealer getting checked out till Tuesday. It started making a tapping noise from the front cylinder. Hopefully it still makes the noise when the mechanics check it out and they can fix it. I'm also hoping they don't give me a hard time about fixing it under warranty. The idiot I talked to when I made the appointment said they might not cover it since I didn't get my 5000 mile service done there. The bike has 7500 on it right now. He said that if it was something that they could have found at the 5000 they won't cover it. Of course it wasn't making the stupid noise at 5000 miles and the 5000 mile service is basically an elaborate oil change anyways. Since this is supposed to be the mod thread I'll post something mod related. I've decided I want to do the adjustable highway pegs for father's day. I'm getting HD's kit with RSD's Black Ops Chrono footpegs. Should be comfy.
bull crap they won't cover it.. if there's something wrong with the bike, and your warranty is still valid, they're obligated to cover it unless You're the one who broke it. Is it a tap or a squeak? If you missed my other thread 2 weeks ago about the noise I was having with my bike, it turned out to be a loose exhaust flange nut.. so (i'm sure you have already), but bust out a set of wrenches and start tightening bolts and nuts down..

Old 05-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim, it's definitely a valve tapping or something. The first time it showed up it was pretty loud and metallic. It stopped by the time I got home and then did the same thing again about a week later. Then nothing for a couple of weeks and then it came back again last week. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if they can get it to make the noise of course. Hopefully the dealer will treat me right as far as the warranty goes. They might try to weasel out of it but unless they can prove I filled the oil tank with cough syrup or something they really will have a hard time proving I did anything to jack up the valves.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners