Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:30 AM
td234
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by diddydido
Hey, guys.
Just purchased a 2010 Fat Boy Lo today. A few questions: anyone put a tank lift on their bike? I know I had one on my Low Rider and it looked awesome.
I got the 1.5" tank lift from DK Customs. Started to install it on my 2012 Lo and found the hose from one side of the tank to the other keeps you from lifting the tank without replacing the line. They do supply a replacement line. Since I had a full tank of fuel and was a little skeptical about messing with the fuel line, I decided to save that for another day. Haven't done it since.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:34 AM
diddydido
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to knock DK Customs, but there are other dealers for this product. I've noticed that a couple people on here had issues with this particular tank lift. Don't know if it's the bike model, or the said tank lift????

Old 05-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the 1.5" lift, it was very simple..there's a thread on here about how to fabricate your own out of some plates, but it gets complicated.. as far as handlebar clearance, if you don't have apes, you're going to be limited by how high you can go.. with the streetslammers i couldn't do more than 1.5" before the turn signals hit the tank. you can do more with apes, but also keep in mind that the higher you lift the front of the tank, the less fuel that the fuel pickup will be able to get, so you're cutting your range off.. i get about 175 to the tank now with the 1.5" lift

Old 05-11-2012, 12:01 PM
td234
Cruiser

Two more qs: Where's everyone getting these cool smoked taillight lenses? And, is there a front turn relocation kit available from H-D for this bike?...I couldn't find any on their site.
Thanks again!
Search this thread for 'taillight' and you will find plenty of reading material. I added a sissy bar and did not want to relocate my turn signals, so I got the Custom Dynamics taillight with the integrated turn signals. Since I have laid down my license plate I did not need the license window so my is pretty much all black.

Other on hear really like their BasAss Lights taillights. Great product but certainly the most expensive.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:29 PM
diddydido
Cruiser

I'll check out BrightAss lights for the tail light, thanks.
By all appearances, it seems there's nothing too shabby about H-D's 16" Fat Ape Handlebar Kit with Riser - although they're 1.25", not 1.50".
The tank lift I really like, but can do without the installation headaches.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's because you're Canadian. jk. Yeah I had to take quite a few measurements before I realized I could only do the 1.5" lift, and even then I had to reorient my turn signals, and now I clear them by less than 1/5"..

On a side note, if anyone ever wonders.. if you're cleaning your rocker box covers (or anything really) and get a paste-like polish (like the Mother's Aluminum and Mag polish i use on the rocker boxes) on their black motor, don't fret.. go get a spray bottle of Simple Green concentrate, spray a bit on to a very soft towel, and scrub it off.. took the paste right off without damaging the black fins (that paste residue had been sitting on there since january too)

Old 05-11-2012, 12:52 PM
diddydido
Cruiser

Hey, Sgt.! I may be better off just avoiding the tank lift altogether. But, like I said, it looked real sharp on the Low Rider.
Oh, and yeah - we Canucks don't like to get too worked up! Lol

Old 05-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Two more qs: Where's everyone getting these cool smoked taillight lenses? And, is there a front turn relocation kit available from H-D for this bike?...I couldn't find any on their site.
Thanks again!
HD does not make a front signal relocation kit. I posted info on doing it 2 pages back on this thread.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:36 PM
diddydido
Cruiser

They do make front turn signal relocation kits, just not for the Fat Boy Lo. At least they did 2 years ago, cause I put one on my Low Rider.
Checked out the D2Moto and the ExpensiveAssLights...I mean BrightAssLights. The D2Moto ones look good. http://www.d2moto.com/p-12438-harley...ake-light.aspx

Old 05-11-2012, 03:41 PM
td234
Cruiser

They do make front turn signal relocation kits, just not for the Fat Boy Lo. At least they did 2 years ago, cause I put one on my Low Rider.
Checked out the D2Moto and the ExpensiveAssLights...I mean BrightAssLights. The D2Moto ones look good. http://www.d2moto.com/p-12438-harley...ake-light.aspx
Check out Custom Dynamics. I decided on CD and have been VERY happy. Their web site looks dated, but they make great products.

http://www.customdynamics.com/street...taillights.htm

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners