Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Stratoscape
Misbehaven, What bars are those? will that screen work with street slammers? Im trying to decided between a screen or a bat wing.
Those are the stock 2011 bars in the pic. I now have the newer 2012 bars on the bike. I do know of a few guys that run the detach windshield with the Street sweeper bars and have no fitment issues.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

So after looking at all the different seat options and not wanting to lose the ability to remount the stock seat and pillion for 2 up riding. I have decided that the best route would be to just have the stock reshaped some and re covered to my liking. Now for the decision of what material to use and any patterns or custom stitching to go with. I'm thinking a dark grey Elephant (if available) and black leather or full quill Ostrich sides.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:57 PM
The Savage Rabbit
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have the Corbin Dual Tour seat? What do you think? Can you post a pic? On the 2012 stock seat, I feel like I'm leaning back. I'm constantly trying to sit further back in the seat so I can sit more upright. The Dual Tour looks like it would help with my issue but for the money, I want to be sure.

Thanks.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:34 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
Captian
Spring for some new bushings man! I have built a bunch of hydraulic cylinders in my time and I have thrown out better looking parts. Be sure to get the bore clean and hope your bushing absorbed all the damage.

Bill
I been looking at the power vision thats a nice piece there, real time feedback and no lap top needed. Wish I would have found this thread before I bought my SE Pro!!! I picked up a set of 255 cams today 2 bills new in the box. When you changed your's out did you need to change your spacers to keep the chain true?

I think I have seen a place on here to get factory parts but I can't seem to find it. There was a house cleaning at my favorite local dealer and my dudes are gone. The guys left are " more harley than thou " to answer any questions or try to help you, now the only thing they will say is bring it in our service department should do that.
If I remember correctly, I bought the spacer kit just in case, but ended up taking it back. I checked it according to the FSM with a straight edge across the sprockets and they were lined up. The spacer kit has a variety in it, I'd say get one and take it back if you don't use it. As for good online HD parts, order from Horny Toad HD. They don't have online ordering, but can do by email or phone call. If you want to find part numbers, go here. Find the parts, add them to cart, and then go to the cart. It will only show you the part numbers in the cart. Ronnie's has good prices, but like most online HD houses, they get you with shipping. Horney Toad's shipping is closer to reality.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:18 AM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by LoFatBoy
Thx for the info.

Ps..you got a killer looking scoot
Thanks.
Originally Posted by Bruce2383
What bars are those that you have in that picture, im trying to decide what to add
The answer was in the post immediatly prior to your post.

Here are a few quick pics from yesterday.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-lrr12-042812-11credwmsrgb.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-lrr12-042812-13credwmsrgb.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-lrr12-042812-6credwmsrgb.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 03:26 PM
MyBadMoFo
Novice

Just wanna say nice rides everybody and looking foward to deflating my bank account ..any
new pics of lo's with ridewrights fatspokes or with the bdl primary from p.m.? thanks for the inspirations

Old 04-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Harleygirl101
Stage II
Default My Fatboy Lo

A beauty in its self

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0944.jpg

Old 04-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced

Question... I am installing my BR 2 into 2.. So that I can have a bike that looks like every other one on this thread.... except you will know mine is unique because no other will have the rare and unique scratches from me having to fight with that damn flange clamp, or the ultra rare and priceless upside down O clamp in the middle of the front heat shield.. and I have a couple other limited edition mods that are classified that I cannot speak of here...(don't be jealous..) Am learning alot and having fun as well..

My concern is I do not see any gaskets on the pipes nothing in the instructions either.. but all the videos I have seen show the removal and replacement of a crushed gasket... is the 10 built without one or am I about to remove everything to try again?

Old 04-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harleygirl101
A beauty in its self

Attachment 247634
Welcome to the forum and the Lo side. Have fun making her your own.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stratoscape
Question... I am installing my BR 2 into 2.. So that I can have a bike that looks like every other one on this thread.... except you will know mine is unique because no other will have the rare and unique scratches from me having to fight with that damn flange clamp, or the ultra rare and priceless upside down O clamp in the middle of the front heat shield.. and I have a couple other limited edition mods that are classified that I cannot speak of here...(don't be jealous..) Am learning alot and having fun as well..

My concern is I do not see any gaskets on the pipes nothing in the instructions either.. but all the videos I have seen show the removal and replacement of a crushed gasket... is the 10 built without one or am I about to remove everything to try again?
Gaskets should be seated in the heads. You should have pulled the old ones out and replaced them.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners