Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:33 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidr1
Hey Guys I snapped a few pics today of the Lo today out in the sun. Figured id post them. Took them with my wifes new Nikon D7000. I suck at photography though

I am definitely diggin that color man! LOL

Bike is lookin great man, I am still considering pickin up some of those pipes too; they flow pretty well with the bike.

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
I got my auxillary light bar on and turn signals relocated today. Thought I would share some pics.
Wow, that Deluxe kit has such a better fit and finish than the black aux light kit... kinda kicking myself in the *** for not getting it now that I see yours...

Originally Posted by Josewales
Liquid...pics does silver justice man. Now for Cpt. Morgan to show us some closeups on his silver Lo:P

Looks awesome bud.
Haha, soon! Here is how she is lookin right now, unfortunately. PC work should be done in the next couple of days though!

Old 04-22-2012, 09:37 AM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Hey guys. Gary from Leather Pros just posted this in another Faboy Lo thread about bags. After reading what Gary said, ill definitly be going with the Leather Pros LP4000 series bags for my Lo. Its awesome that they will fit the stock signal locations.

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
If you keep your stock exhaust, these bags will fit without moving your turn signals. They are our 3200 series.

If you lower your pipes, you can use our 4000 series bags and still not have to move the sigs (even though they are moved in the photo below).

Keep ridin'
Garry

Last edited by liquidr1; 04-22-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Deadanimal
Tourer

Originally Posted by liquidr1
I have a queston for everyone that has put bags on your Lo.

Id like to get a set of saddle bags for my low. Iv been looking at the Leather Pros LP4000 bags.

Have any of you been successfull in installing saddle bags without relocating the rear turnsignals? I hate the thoughts of wasting money on a signal reloaction kit. I like the looks and location of the stock signals. The relocation kits all look like crap to me. Honestly id rather just remove the rear signals all together as signal are not required on motorcycles in NC.

What are your thoughts? Do all saddle bags on the Lo require moving the signals? Are there bags that will work with the stock signal locations?
I have Leather works bags for mine that I had as throw-overs on my last bike and just purchased the docking hardware and brackets for them.
I have also removed my turn signals and used the integrated D2moto tail light.
I just had to modify the ground wire to branch to all 3 harness clips and it works great. I love the cleaned up rear! Just need to find some plugs or some thing for the holes in the struts where the turns were mounted.
I have a 2012 Lo and the rears are not in the CANBUS system.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/9610529-post6470.html

Old 04-22-2012, 12:02 PM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadanimal
I have Leather works bags for mine that I had as throw-overs on my last bike and just purchased the docking hardware and brackets for them.
I have also removed my turn signals and used the integrated D2moto tail light.
I just had to modify the ground wire to branch to all 3 harness clips and it works great. I love the cleaned up rear! Just need to find some plugs or some thing for the holes in the struts where the turns were mounted.
I have a 2012 Lo and the rears are not in the CANBUS system.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/9610529-post6470.html
Thanks deadanimal. good to know.

I just talked to Gary from Leather Pros and the LP4000 are angle just right so you dont have to move the signals. I think thats what im goint to go for.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:07 PM
bauer4567
Tourer

Got the lift setup this weekend

Name:  d5bbc73c.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  87.2 KB

I cant wait for next years winter mods now!

Old 04-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by bauer4567
Got the lift setup this weekend

I cant wait for next years winter mods now!
I'm jelous, where did you get it, and if you don't mind, how much did it set you back

Old 04-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

Man i got my lo last august and still didnt post any picks yet!! Maybe this year ill get around to it !LOL.... I love visiting this thread and seeing the different MODs done to all the LO s!

Old 04-22-2012, 02:57 PM
bauer4567
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
I'm jelous, where did you get it, and if you don't mind, how much did it set you back
Lift is from Northern Tool here

also got the side extensions for the tractors and 4 wheeler... here

Total shipped was just over $1200.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by bauer4567
Lift is from Northern Tool here

also got the side extensions for the tractors and 4 wheeler... here

Total shipped was just over $1200.
Thx for the info

Old 04-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Wow, that Deluxe kit has such a better fit and finish than the black aux light kit... kinda kicking myself in the *** for not getting it now that I see yours...
Thanks CaptianMorgan!! I'm very happy with the way it turned out. Would like to have the chrome in satin to match the rest of the bike..... maybe I'll work on that this winter, because I would like to get the top of the tripple tree done too, we'll see

Fatboy Todd glad to hear you're up and running man. A good rule of thumb with lights is if the bulb has two elements or contacts on the bottom (1157,2057,xx57) then it serves two functions like marker lights AND turn/stop, if it has one element (1156,2056,xx56) then it serves only one function marker OR turn/stop. Most of the time bulb #s ending in 56 are used for stop or T/S, they burn brighter and hotter and are not designed to run all the time.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners