Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LoInTulsa
After lurking (and maybe stealing a few ideas) for the last several months, I thought I would finally join in and post a few pics of my baby. Always a work in progress, but I'm satisfied for a little while. Cheers and stay safe out there

Nice looking bike man,sharp looking

Old 04-20-2012, 07:18 PM
LoFatBoy
Cruiser

After lurking (and maybe stealing a few ideas) for the last several months, I thought I would finally join in and post a few pics of my baby. Always a work in progress, but I'm satisfied for a little while. Cheers and stay safe out there

Nice lQQking scoot.
Where can I get some front pegs like yours? The ones in front of your boards. I haven't seen any like that. The only other ones I've seen are the whiskers. And I was told they won't work on ABS bikes. Also your mirrors would look killer if you flipped them. JMO
Thx for the info
Billy

Old 04-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been getting warmer so I've started checking my oil temps with my HD digital dip stick. Today it was up to almost 250 and that was with mostly highway riding followed by a few miles of relatively flowing stop and go. What temps do you guys with gauges usually see? Also if anybody has any recommendations on oil coolers I'd like to hear them.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:56 PM
LoInTulsa
6th Gear

Originally Posted by LoFatBoy
Nice lQQking scoot.
Where can I get some front pegs like yours? The ones in front of your boards. I haven't seen any like that. The only other ones I've seen are the whiskers. And I was told they won't work on ABS bikes. Also your mirrors would look killer if you flipped them. JMO
Thx for the info
Billy

Thank ya gentlemen... after a lot of work, and a lot of $$ she's finally getting close to where I want her to be.

LoFatBoy, I wish I could answer that question. Those pegs were an Ebay score that I found... and I don't have a part # or anything for them. They're the diamond black collection pegs with what I believe to be HD floorboard mounted brackets. It took some drilling on the floorboard pans to get everything to mount up correctly, but I'm really happy with how they turned out... lets me stretch out a little on the longer hauls, plus I've never seen anything like them on another Lo out there.

As for the mirrors... I've definitely given some thought to flipping them and seeing how that looks. I may give that a shot on the next rainy day and see how I like it.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:25 PM
LoFatBoy
Cruiser

Thank ya gentlemen... after a lot of work, and a lot of $$ she's finally getting close to where I want her to be.

LoFatBoy, I wish I could answer that question. Those pegs were an Ebay score that I found... and I don't have a part # or anything for them. They're the diamond black collection pegs with what I believe to be HD floorboard mounted brackets. It took some drilling on the floorboard pans to get everything to mount up correctly, but I'm really happy with how they turned out... lets me stretch out a little on the longer hauls, plus I've never seen anything like them on another Lo out there.

As for the mirrors... I've definitely given some thought to flipping them and seeing how that looks. I may give that a shot on the next rainy day and see how I like it.
10-4
I'll have to keep a look out for something I can Fab up for front pegs. Your kickass! never seen any like them for a Lo. Let me know how the mirror flip goes. Are your mirrors Arlen Ness?
I have a thread in Softails "curzin' in west Tx." there you could see how mine look.
Good luck bro. I think I'm gonna hit some moonshine the got for me

Old 04-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Nice lQQking scoot.
Thx for the info
Billy
They look like mark IV I'm looking at ordering a set, they look bad a$$, I'm guessing there Pcoated
The mark III get drilled and bolted to the boards and the IV's bolt to where the gaurd bolts to, from what I have read??

Last edited by Lone wolf lo 10; 04-20-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:51 PM
LoInTulsa
6th Gear

10-4
I'll have to keep a look out for something I can Fab up for front pegs. Your kickass! never seen any like them for a Lo. Let me know how the mirror flip goes. Are your mirrors Arlen Ness?
I have a thread in Softails "curzin' in west Tx." there you could see how mine look.
Good luck bro. I think I'm gonna hit some moonshine the got for me

Yeah the're the Ness mirrors. I'll check out your thread and maybe that'll help make my decision easier Truth be told, I just finished the Ape install with the new mirrors this week, so I haven't had a chance to put in too many miles yet to see how I like them up top. I think it's about Jack Daniels time myself

Old 04-20-2012, 08:57 PM
LoInTulsa
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
They look like mark IV I'm looking at ordering a set, they look bad a$$, I'm guessing there Pcoated
The mark III get drilled and bolted to the boards and the IV's bolt to where the gaurd bolts to, from what I have read??
That's entirely possible. In that case I would guess that they're the Mark III... they came with a mounting plate to bolt to the bottom of the boards. But the plate was set up for the longer/straighter style boards (not the half-moon boards on the Lo)... soooo I fab'ed up some plates to work, and drilled the pans to match. It worked out well, however beware... I don't know what kind of steel those things are made of, but it was some of the toughest $hit to drill that I've ever seen! I don't know if they came black, or if the previous guy had them PC'd... they showed up black and looked brand new.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Marty31
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatburger
Marty31. What Sqdn? Still in?
B-52's 85-89 524th Bombardment Squadron, Wurtsmith AFB, MI
B-52's 89-91 596th Bombardment Squadron, Barksdale AFB, LA
AC-130H 91-94 16th Special Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field, FL
AC-130U 94-05 4th Special Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field, FL
Retired in 05.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:46 PM