Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Deadanimal
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
I HATE that I no longer have a fuel gauge and that my low fuel light blinks now all the time! So now I am working on painting the stock ones gloss black; I am not an experienced painter so we will see how it turns out...
The Gloss black flush mount caps from HD are pretty awesome and super easy to install, if you want to spand the money...

Old 04-18-2012, 07:34 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

That may be what I end up doing if the stock ones I am painting don't work out.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:23 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Hey fellas, I created a thread for all of the stuff I am trying to sell off. A lot of it is just take off items but there may be one or 2 items you may be interested in. Let me know!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ml#post9683441

Pics here:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...-for-sale.html

Old 04-18-2012, 11:49 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
It's gona look sick when it all comes together Dave! If you do decide to do away with the black T/S visors hit me up I will take them off your hands. Went to one of the local dealers over the weekend and they had an 11 lo in silver, I spent quite a bit of time checking it out, it's a good looking bike man.

Bill I noticed you have 255 cams, how did those work out for you? Is the rest of the motor stock?
It was a great mod. First, I got them from a guy that didn't use them out of a big bore kit, so they were cheap. Second, since the base circle on the cams are same as stock, they are just drop in. The only other thing I replaced was the inner bearings since the stockers are cheap. I reused the stock pushrods and everything else. It was a dirt cheap mod for some more low end grunt and moderate lope at idle.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Fatboy Todd
Intermediate

Im still having issues since installing my new Street Slammers and need some input. When removing the front brake I put in a shim as instructed but now that it's remounted it feels tight, makes a squeak and brake light is stuck on with no tail lights. Indicators work but not the running lights. Is it safe to say I broke the switch and need to replace?

Also, fuel pump still not working... was able to get to to work with a direct jumper wire. All other fuses are fine but no power to fuel pump fuse. Is there a way to check the relays or should I just replace and work back from there if that's not the issue?

Old 04-18-2012, 05:16 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboy Todd
Im still having issues since installing my new Street Slammers and need some input. When removing the front brake I put in a shim as instructed but now that it's remounted it feels tight, makes a squeak and brake light is stuck on with no tail lights. Indicators work but not the running lights. Is it safe to say I broke the switch and need to replace?

Also, fuel pump still not working... was able to get to to work with a direct jumper wire. All other fuses are fine but no power to fuel pump fuse. Is there a way to check the relays or should I just replace and work back from there if that's not the issue?
For the brake issue, check your fitment between the lever assembly and the controls. If the brake light is staying on they are likely not close enough to each other. Loosen the torx screws on both, not way loose, just loose enough to move them around. Then with the ignition on (so the lights are on), squeeze the two assemblies together. The brake light should go off. Then tighten the torx back down. It may take some futzing around with to get it, but I doubt you broke the switch. I've had mine off/on a million times and had the brake light issue before too. I always assemble that side with the lights on so I get this right. Then I apply the brake lever several times to be sure its all working.

On the fuel pump, you removed your dash completely when you switched bars? If so, check those electrical connections. Or I guess it could be a relay.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Fatboy Todd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
For the brake issue, check your fitment between the lever assembly and the controls. If the brake light is staying on they are likely not close enough to each other. Loosen the torx screws on both, not way loose, just loose enough to move them around. Then with the ignition on (so the lights are on), squeeze the two assemblies together. The brake light should go off. Then tighten the torx back down. It may take some futzing around with to get it, but I doubt you broke the switch. I've had mine off/on a million times and had the brake light issue before too. I always assemble that side with the lights on so I get this right. Then I apply the brake lever several times to be sure its all working.

On the fuel pump, you removed your dash completely when you switched bars? If so, check those electrical connections. Or I guess it could be a relay.
Alright I just got the brake light to function with you advice. Tail lights still out. Also, rechecked all the connectors under the console and no luck. Thanks for the input. The saga continues...

Old 04-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Ladner
Intermediate
Default 2010 Fatboy

Lots of sweet looking rides out there guys!! Here"s mine, still a work in progress, as it will always be.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-new-bars-copy.jpg  
Old 04-19-2012, 05:54 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

So I bought the module to have my rear signals on as running lights and brake lamps,it's been on for about a mnth or so, I cleaned up the bike Monday before going out riding and I noticed my rear turn lenses had melted a bit SUCKS!!! I ended up buying the Harley unit after talking to a few people who said that they have ran the aftermarket ones and have burned up wiring and lenses, so I guess not ment to be

Old 04-19-2012, 07:08 AM
bauer4567
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
So I bought the module to have my rear signals on as running lights and brake lamps,it's been on for about a mnth or so, I cleaned up the bike Monday before going out riding and I noticed my rear turn lenses had melted a bit SUCKS!!! I ended up buying the Harley unit after talking to a few people who said that they have ran the aftermarket ones and have burned up wiring and lenses, so I guess not ment to be
Same thing happened to the left rear turn signal lens on my old man's softail custom. Had the Harley unit installed.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners