Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim_bo
By the way..... I ordered my D2MOTO taillight last night. $79 seemed like a pretty good deal, but a quick google search revealed a coupon code of WS30 which gave me a 30% discount!!! Sweet!!! That beats the hell out of the Kury option!!
I almost bought that taillight.. here's the kicker, when it first was listed on D2Moto's site (right before they became a forum sponsor), it was listed at $45.. then jumped to 55.. then someone started a thread asking about it, and it jumped to $80..

Old 04-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Front Suspension

LoBros,

Do any of you have issues with your front end being overly rough? Mine seems to really slam when I hit potholes etc. It isn't something new, it is something that has bugged me for a while.

I was just reading Brutus' thread, where guys were recommending the Ricor Intimators, and it got me thinking as to why I haven't upgraded my front end yet.

What have you guys used/done? I will be honest, staying "Lo" isn't a priority as I was drawn to the Lo as a DarkCustom bike, not necessarily a lowrider.

M

Old 04-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had a couple good slams on my front end from hitting pot holes that i couldnt' avoid.. since last season i put in the RaceTech Gold Valve Emulators, which are similar to the Ricors.. they're easy to install, although they require you to drill more holes in your damper tubes (which isn't hard).. i've only had the bike out a handful of times, but i've definitely noticed a different with hitting bumps up front, and how the bike attacks the corners now.. definitely feel that the ride is improved

Old 04-12-2012, 03:14 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the weather has just been too nice out here so I have not been able to tear the bike down for powdercoating work, but I have done a couple bolt-ons so here are a few pics I shot this morning.

Some of the bolt-ons I have done include relocated the horn, relocated the coil, put on the auxiliary lights and trim rings (still debating on changing the signal trim rings to chrome as well), installed AC, made AC cover (cut out old football, but slipped bad with the dremel so just decided to paint the thing satin black), change out grips and pegs, installed highway pegs (will be getting powdered soon), headbolt bridge, hogrida license plate holder and probably some other things I forgot. I still plan on PCing the forks, console, a sissy bar I got, highway pegs and brake and shifter arms, just have to wait until a rainy day it's too nice NOT to ride! I also need to do my service as well; I picked up Redline for the engine oil , Redline's primary fluid, Bel-Ray for the transmission fluid and Bel-Ray for the fork oil.

Also, after looking at the small bits of chrome I have been adding, I am kinda getting the itch... I think I want to put on some chrome upper and lower rocker boxes, a chrome primary cover, a chrome cam cover and maybe even a chrome trans/clutch cover... does this make me a bad person? As much as I originally LOVED the satin chrome look when I first got the bike, I almost feel like I am, and should, phase it out so everything will match... it is much easier to match chrome than it is the satin chrome. But we will see. I would not be doing something like that until next year anyways. I am also thinking of getting a detachable windshield? Have I gone crazy or come to my senses?! I swear, I have almost done a complete 180 on what I originally thought for the bike when I got it and what I want to do with it now; and I will probably change my mind again...

***###Finally, I decided NOT to put on the Le Pera Bare Bones Seat (LK007) soooooo... If anyone has been looking for one, I am looking to sell, so make me an offer. I bought it for $160, and I'll sell for $120, let me know. If I don't here anything in a week, its goin to the classifieds. I put it on once to see how it looks, and it looks bad ***, just not very convenient for me as I ride 2-up half of the time.###***

Phew, that was a long *** post. I know, I know... TL;DR. Just look at the pics then.

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 04-12-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:25 PM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good. Have you thought about moving the turn signals to the light bar?

Old 04-12-2012, 03:33 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

I've thought about it, and while it may look cleaner and nicer, I kinda want to keep them on the bars so I am more easily seen. Any little bit helps, especially out here. Alsooooo... I have a 2011, and the signals are wired directly into the housings on the handlebars, so changing up the wiring on that would be a huge pain in the ***, but we will see... Maybe I will decide to do it when I have the front forks off and the bike out of service.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:26 PM
SkinnyonFatboyLo
Cruiser

What is the process to relocate the turn signals on a 2011? I wanna do it just wanna know how hard it is

Old 04-12-2012, 04:29 PM
BonsaiJim
Advanced

Originally Posted by SkinnyonFatboyLo
What is the process to relocate the turn signals on a 2011? I wanna do it just wanna know how hard it is

either check out the DIY Cheap Mods or just run a search and you'll find dozens of threads on it...

Old 04-12-2012, 04:43 PM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim_bo
You have the same bike that I do and the same pipes I want to get. I also am looking at a PV and a new A/B. So, my question is: do you really need to do a dyno? I really am not hell bent on squeezing every ounce of torque and HP out. I just want the bike to run good and not be too lean (especially this summer).
Well,its all in what you want out of your bike. My bike ran OK with the tune from Fuel Moto with the V&H pipes and the stock air cleaner. But the bike went to crap when i added the heavy breather. The bike was so lean it wasnt even drivable. I didnt really get it dyno tuned to squeeze every ounce of power out of it. I had it dyno tuned to get it running correctly at the correct air/fuel ratios. It just so happens that when its tuned right on a dyno, thats when you get the best power numbers. It all depends on what you tell your tuner what kind of riding you do and where you in the rpm range you spend the most time.

I told my tuner that the bike was running like crap at low throttle cruising and low throttle acceleration. Also when i cranked open the throttle there was just no acceleration at all. All of those issues went away after the proper fueling was added.

So, if you want your bike to run the way it should it really needs to be tuned by a good tuner on a dyno so they can address all the issues anywhere in the rpm range at any throttle posistion.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:45 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
So the weather has just been too nice out here so I have not been able to tear the bike down for powdercoating work, but I have done a couple bolt-ons so here are a few pics I shot this morning.

Some of the bolt-ons I have done include relocated the horn, relocated the coil, put on the auxiliary lights and trim rings (still debating on changing the signal trim rings to chrome as well), installed AC, made AC cover (cut out old football, but slipped bad with the dremel so just decided to paint the thing satin black), change out grips and pegs, installed highway pegs (will be getting powdered soon), headbolt bridge, hogrida license plate holder and probably some other things I forgot. I still plan on PCing the forks, console, a sissy bar I got, highway pegs and brake and shifter arms, just have to wait until a rainy day it's too nice NOT to ride! I also need to do my service as well; I picked up Redline for the engine oil , Redline's primary fluid, Bel-Ray for the transmission fluid and Bel-Ray for the fork oil.

Also, after looking at the small bits of chrome I have been adding, I am kinda getting the itch... I think I want to put on some chrome upper and lower rocker boxes, a chrome primary cover, a chrome cam cover and maybe even a chrome trans/clutch cover... does this make me a bad person? As much as I originally LOVED the satin chrome look when I first got the bike, I almost feel like I am, and should, phase it out so everything will match... it is much easier to match chrome than it is the satin chrome. But we will see. I would not be doing something like that until next year anyways. I am also thinking of getting a detachable windshield? Have I gone crazy or come to my senses?! I swear, I have almost done a complete 180 on what I originally thought for the bike when I got it and what I want to do with it now; and I will probably change my mind again...

***###Finally, I decided NOT to put on the Le Pera Bare Bones Seat (LK007) soooooo... If anyone has been looking for one, I am looking to sell, so make me an offer. I bought it for $160, and I'll sell for $120, let me know. If I don't here anything in a week, its goin to the classifieds. I put it on once to see how it looks, and it looks bad ***, just not very convenient for me as I ride 2-up half of the time.###***

Phew, that was a long *** post. I know, I know... TL;DR. Just look at the pics then.
I'm telling you what Dave, I love the silver tins. If I had to go buy another Lo right now, it would be a silverback. Lemme know if you ever decide to change them out for something else. We'll have to work something out.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners