Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as the J&S fits the stock height right now, I have no intention of lowering further then it already is. Speedbumps would be a pain in the ***.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

After I lowered the rear of my Bike the J&S would not fit anymore. I had to roll the bike up on to a couple of 2x6's to get it under the bike. I went and bought the yellow Craftsman jack and it fits fine now.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:01 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

So I finally got back home but I have not had enough time to really work on the bike. I put on a couple of bolt-ons (PC-V, AC, grips, pegs, aux lights, etc.) but I just have not been able to stop riding long enough to take down the forks and other stuff... The weather has just been too nice! Well, except for today; we got some colder weather and some hellacious winds so it looks like it is the exact right time to get some stuff done!

If it warms up and stops blowin today, I'll probably take it out and get just a couple of pics and post them. We'll see.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:03 PM
daninfamous
6th Gear

Anyone with intake and exhaust running the dealer download (flash).. If so hows the bike running? good enough? I want to spring for a PV and a dyno run but I dont have the $$ laying around and a trip to vegas is coming up in a month

Old 04-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by daninfamous
Anyone with intake and exhaust running the dealer download (flash).. If so hows the bike running? good enough? I want to spring for a PV and a dyno run but I dont have the $$ laying around and a trip to vegas is coming up in a month
I ran the SE Velocity Intake and V&H Short Shots w/the dealer map for 5500 miles. It was way too lean, my pipes are blue as hell, and my plugs are white.

I just picked up the SEPRT and am in the process of tuning.

For a month or so, I wouldn't sweat it.. Go to Vegas and have fun!

Old 04-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as long as the engine sounds like it's running good, i'm sure you'll be fine.. with regards to the PV and a good tune, i just had mine properly tuned a few weeks ago, and it runs like a completely different bike.. so worth the investment.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 PM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

I just had mine dyno tuned with my power vision saturday. Bike runs 100 times better now. My tuner said my bike was running so lean on the generic tune from Fuel Moto that I should not have been driving it at all. The bike ran like absolute crap on Fuel Motos tune. The bike just had no power at all anywhere in the RPM range and horrid decel backfiring. Not just poping but backfirning all the way from 4000 rpms down to about 1500 rpms.

Now the bike runs flawless now that is getting proper fuel. It will now almost throw me off the back of the bike.

My set up is a 2012 Fatboy low with the V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 and the Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather.

The final tune produced 75 hp and 94 ft lbs. It was around 85 degrees in the dyno room and 10% humidity.

My scanner is messed up. Ill scan the dyno run tomorrow at work.

Last edited by liquidr1; 04-11-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Jim_bo
Cruiser

You have the same bike that I do and the same pipes I want to get. I also am looking at a PV and a new A/B. So, my question is: do you really need to do a dyno? I really am not hell bent on squeezing every ounce of torque and HP out. I just want the bike to run good and not be too lean (especially this summer).

Originally Posted by liquidr1
I just had mine dyno tuned with my power vision saturday. Bike runs 100 times better now. My tuner said my bike was running so lean on the generic tune from Fuel Moto that I should not have been driving it at all. The bike ran like absolute crap on Fuel Motos tune. The bike just had no power at all anywhere in the RPM range and horrid decel backfiring. Not just poping but backfirning all the way from 4000 rpms down to about 1500 rpms.

Now the bike runs flawless now that is getting proper fuel. It will now almost throw me off the back of the bike.

My set up is a 2012 Fatboy low with the V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 and the Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather.

The final tune produced 75 hp and 94 ft lbs. It was around 85 degrees in the dyno room and 10% humidity.

My scanner is messed up. Ill scan the dyno run tomorrow at work.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Jim_bo
Cruiser

Voodoo,

Tell me what you think about the fuel pak? I am looking at a PV, but the fuel pak is way cheaper. All I want is to make the bike run good... no performance mod other than pipes and A/B.

Originally Posted by Voodoo509
It's been a little bit since I've been on here. I am done throwing money at the bike.....at least for this year (wife says so). so I have attached the latest picture. I know this doesn't even compare to some of the AWESOME rides in this forum..... but I'm pretty proud.

Vance and Hines Short Shots Staggered
Vance and Hines Naked VO2 Air Intake
Vance and Hines Black Skull Cap Crown Air Cleaner Insert
Vance and Hines Fuel Pak
Harley Davidson Saddle bags
Harley Davidson Removable windshield

Old 04-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Zombiequest
They did still have that one.. I chose the 3-in-1 instead because I wanted to lift my truck also (which thankfully it does like a champ) .. I had no idea it wouldn't fit under the bike though. I ended up ordering a J&S Big Wheel today instead... expensive, but I've had my eye on getting one of those for a year now.

I am not sure why you guys are spending so much on lifts. I got this lift from Harbor freight on sale for $180 and then found a coupon for another 20% off. Its a great lift and is very stable. Its heavy duty and made of solid construction. Its much better than the $99 lift they have.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners