Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:52 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Has anybody had any parts powdercoated the silver satin? I want a exact match to the motor and primary cover. pm me if you have? thanks

Old 03-27-2012, 03:23 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
Has anybody had any parts powdercoated the silver satin? I want a exact match to the motor and primary cover. pm me if you have? thanks
I would like to know this as well. What was done? Josewales, where are you? I know his PCer did it for his headlight visors.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Tcspa
3rd Gear

When going to take my seat off.. the bracket holding the two studs the seat mounts to fell off to the ground... trying to figure out how to get the bracket back on. The tire is in the way and my hand doesn't fit.... Any suggestions?? Thanks

Old 03-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Toonz
Cruiser

While my bike is under the knife for the go fast goodies I decided to swap out some of the covers from satin to wrinkle black. My indy offered to take care of all that for me and today he called with some good news. He has a full set of covers in the shop that he took off another build and he's going to just swap me for my satin covers, no charge. Wohoo!

He also said the pistons should be there in a day or two so the work can finally start. Decided to keep it simple and am doing a 103 with 259e cams. Between that, the intake, exhaust, and tune it should wake the bike up quite a bit. The next few weeks are going to take forever...

Old 03-27-2012, 11:02 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Tcspa
When going to take my seat off.. the bracket holding the two studs the seat mounts to fell off to the ground... trying to figure out how to get the bracket back on. The tire is in the way and my hand doesn't fit.... Any suggestions?? Thanks
Get the back of the bike off the ground so the tire can hang. Try and work it up in there and get one of the studs through. Grab onto it with something to prevent it from falling back. Then try to swing the other side up and through. It's a pain but can be done.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:30 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts
Old 03-28-2012, 05:01 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
I would like to know this as well. What was done? Josewales, where are you? I know his PCer did it for his headlight visors.
Hey man. Chrome guy actualy did them. They didn't come out a perfect match, but pretty damn close. Under a low light, I noticed the difference in texture and looks more flat. Once I get it in the sun, will see...might have to black out the forks afterall if it doesn't look right being so close to compare.

Btw just got notice that Samson is shipping out my special ordered black baby cholos w/ simple chorme tips on April 3rd (last step before I get her home). The Lepera black distressed Sonora seat should be on it's way now also. Need the seat in my hands before I order the boss bags to match.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:46 AM
11lofatboy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tcspa
Im not sure this will work for ya, but it worked on my mustang seat. Use a zip tie to fish it.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:59 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by 11lofatboy
Im not sure this will work for ya, but it worked on my mustang seat. Use a zip tie to fish it.
Same thing happend to me, use mech wire or a coat hanger, fish it down and wrap stud and slowly fish it back up, works like a charm

Old 03-28-2012, 07:01 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Josewales
Hey man. Chrome guy actualy did them. They didn't come out a perfect match, but pretty damn close. Under a low light, I noticed the difference in texture and looks more flat. Once I get it in the sun, will see...might have to black out the forks afterall if it doesn't look right being so close to compare.

Btw just got notice that Samson is shipping out my special ordered black baby cholos w/ simple chorme tips on April 3rd (last step before I get her home). The Lepera black distressed Sonora seat should be on it's way now also. Need the seat in my hands before I order the boss bags to match.
You don't seem to be in a real hurry, so I take it that it is still winter up there in your area of Cananda?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners