Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:51 AM
bradyrw625
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Earl IV
The boards lift my knees too high (6'1" - 36" inseam) and the shift levers are awkward (and not adjustable without interfering with the boards, so they're coming off as soon as I get the forward kit (I may have to go with the 3" extended controls)... Thanks though
I am 6'4" and using the Accutronix 3" extended forward controls. They also just came out with the black "Night Series" that should go awesome with the low.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:01 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned

Originally Posted by mfmaine
So, yesterday I got a $130 ticket thanks to Maine's new exhaust law....ordered a a set of SE slip-ons last night
This uber-Sucks! damm commies....

Old 09-09-2010, 12:22 PM
mfmaine
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rquirch
This uber-Sucks! damm commies....
Tell me about it. Unless things have changed, they wouldn't stomach this crap in Texas...I lived in the Dallas area for 12 years. If you bought a new pickup truck it automatically came with a gun rack. Things are a little different there

Old 09-09-2010, 03:08 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody know who sells a side mount license plate besides Kuryakyn? I'm chopping my rear fender and need to relocate the taillight and plate. Probably need advice on the turn signals too.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Fatboy lo backrest bar

I just finished shaving my side plates for the back rest to avoid using the turn signal relocation kit. Everything was going great until I discovered that the dealer for the second time ordered me the wrong back rest sissy bar.

Can someone who has the mid rise gloss black backrest, back rest pad and luggage rack please provide me the correct part numbers ? My dealer parts department is run by a bunch of clowns.

Thanks..

Old 09-09-2010, 04:38 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Anybody know who sells a side mount license plate besides Kuryakyn? I'm chopping my rear fender and need to relocate the taillight and plate. Probably need advice on the turn signals too.
i am soooo looking forward to this chop! im about to do the same, i have the grinder and the plan but i need ***** and a license plate frame

How are you going to go about the template to cut man?

i took the strut covers off and realized i could use the stock struts without the long *** plate that covers them so, so far, i dont think im going to buy struts. what are you thinking of doing?

Old 09-09-2010, 04:41 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
i dont like the kury either

Old 09-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Toledofatboy
Advanced

mfmaine...that's such bullshit. I wouldn't want it any quieter than the QQ's. Sailrider, I just bought the same setup you are looking for.
Sissy bar med/lo 54256-10
Detachable brackets 54258-10
Smooth pad 52652-04
Detachable mounting hardware will depend on whether you also adding saddle bags.
I shaved the brackets so I didn't vave to relocate the tail lights. I also bougt the magnetic covers for the detach kit. I had to modify the rears to fit on with the stock tail lights. A tapered round file, 10 minutes, and a little black paint did the trick. A little v groove in the cover.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Toledofatboy
Advanced

Earl IV, check a site called Cycle Visions. They make a kit to move the floorboards forward. I'm thinking of trying it.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Kito
Intermediate

Hey guys, I picked up my 2010 lo about 2 weeks ago. All the pictures are great and they are giving me some awesome ideas for some projects this winter. Heres a couple pictures of my bike as it sits now.........hopefully by spring it will look different.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dsc_0263.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dsc_0265.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dsc_0266.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dsc_0268.jpg  

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners