Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 06:42 AM
2012Fatso
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i took off my license plate bracket for a photo shoot my bike was in. I liked how it looked with the holes plugged and a cleaner look without the plate(and how it looked with a cute model posing on it). Im wanting to relocate it. What all is out there for these bikes? Ive seen a few swing arm mounts. I just want to clean up the rear fender. Any help is appreciated!

Old 03-13-2012, 07:19 AM
DuplinPirate
1st Gear

My new 2012 FatBoy Lo, Black and Blue.

Name:  421950_260855103997722_100002197042076_573160_341464997_n.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  156.4 KB

Name:  423332_260855580664341_100002197042076_573169_152620823_n.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  188.5 KB

Old 03-13-2012, 09:13 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Looks great Dublin! I wasn't so sure about it at first, but the more I see the blue, the more I like it!

Old 03-13-2012, 09:53 AM
td234
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Jim, that is one good looking FB. Nice ride.

My first question is what tail light is that?

Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 AM
ginboy64
Intermediate

Hey Pirate, I'm like the Captain... I'm really liking the blue. Neighbor of mine just got the same blue but in a SG. Awesome bike!

Old 03-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by td234
Jim, that is one good looking FB. Nice ride.

My first question is what tail light is that?
That's the BAL-3ST from BrightAss Lights. Really enjoy that light, though can only put it on medium setting because the brightest is just too damn bright.. and it'll only set you back about $250.. luckily my dealer sells them, and I had $200 in giftcards for my birthday last year to them, so it only cost me $50. w00t.

Originally Posted by Markske
COOL bike Jim!
Where did you mount the horn?
I mounted the horn behind the exhaust like Bill did on his bike a few pages ago.. I'll take a good picture of it when I pull the bike out later and take it for a spin. Didn't even need to cut and solder that wire (because I hate effing soldering, darn it).. a buddy of mine had the spade terminals laying around, so I just crimped some on a piece of wire and did a plug-in extension down under the seat and behind the oil tank, and made a bracket out of a piece of 1/4" flat iron..came out pretty decently, and it really blends in to where you can barely see it anymore

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Damn Jim, your bike cam along nicely! There's not a thing I would change on it!
Thanks Dave.. I see a few things I need to adjust that are sticking out at me like a sore thumb..but isn't that always the case with our own bikes? always gotta notice the flaws.. then i need to hit her with a good scrubbing and get the muck and nastiness off from her

Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Thanks Dave.. I see a few things I need to adjust that are sticking out at me like a sore thumb..but isn't that always the case with our own bikes? always gotta notice the flaws.. then i need to hit her with a good scrubbing and get the muck and nastiness off from her
I know exactly what you mean. I haven't seen mine in months and I specifically remember things that stick out to me that I want to change. But seriously, you did a good job with it. I always think there needs to be a balance in how you go to dress up anything, the bike in this case, and the way yours is set up, nothing looks out of place.

That is the one of the things I am afraid of with my plans for mine: If I do the gloss black engine covers and leave the oil tank denim black, is that going to make it look out-of-place or will it balance out? There is still a chance I will take the oil tank out and powder it too... but it is such a PITA to remove!!! Also, how will the "sprinkling of chrome" (ginboy's term) look with the gloss black, denim black, silver, etc.? Is that too many differnt textures and shades? And if I do the engine covers, oil tank, forks, etc in gloss black, is that going to be too much black? So many questions!

Old 03-13-2012, 10:58 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I know exactly what you mean. I haven't seen mine in months and I specifically remember things that stick out to me that I want to change. But seriously, you did a good job with it. I always think there needs to be a balance in how you go to dress up anything, the bike in this case, and the way yours is set up, nothing looks out of place.

That is the one of the things I am afraid of with my plans for mine: If I do the gloss black engine covers and leave the oil tank denim black, is that going to make it look out-of-place or will it balance out? There is still a chance I will take the oil tank out and powder it too... but it is such a PITA to remove!!! Also, how will the "sprinkling of chrome" (ginboy's term) look with the gloss black, denim black, silver, etc.? Is that too many differnt textures and shades? And if I do the engine covers, oil tank, forks, etc in gloss black, is that going to be too much black? So many questions!
Yeah, looks good Jim. Nice to see it alive and outside! As for schemes, the general convention is no more than 3 colors, or textures. Any more than that and it gets a bit schizophrenic. I stuck with satin black, brushed, and chrome. My bike got too black, that's why I started to use some chrome accents. There may be more in the future.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:32 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

I do agree that there is a chance that it will look a little too "cluttered" with all of the different textures, but I think it will work. I figure that since all of the shades are all shades of grey (as in, no color will be present) I think it will all blend well. Maybe I am just trying to convince myslef it will work

In reality, the decision will most likely be made with me and my buddy sitting in chairs out in the garage, drinking beer and analyzing the different options... Contrary to logic, this method has worked very well on his Ducati paint question (turned out amazing), my Xterra mods (turned out bad ***) and his Marauder mods (definite sleeper now).

Old 03-13-2012, 11:55 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I do agree that there is a chance that it will look a little too "cluttered" with all of the different textures, but I think it will work. I figure that since all of the shades are all shades of grey (as in, no color will be present) I think it will all blend well. Maybe I am just trying to convince myslef it will work

In reality, the decision will most likely be made with me and my buddy sitting in chairs out in the garage, drinking beer and analyzing the different options... Contrary to logic, this method has worked very well on his Ducati paint question (turned out amazing), my Xterra mods (turned out bad ***) and his Marauder mods (definite sleeper now).
Sounds like a plan. I wish I had gone a little slower, it gets expensive to do things more than once. Then you're left with shelves full of parts in the garage...

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners