Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 12:24 AM
C O L E M A N F U
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeyTN
Man, every time you show a picture of your bike I fall in love with those bars all over again. It's gonna be hard to sell my wife on another set of upgrades so soon. At least I can dream and plan ahead.
Look very much like stock Fatboy bars?

Old 03-10-2012, 09:29 AM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Rednose44, can you post some more pictures of your bike with the bags on it? My bags are a similar size and look and I'd love to get a better idea of how they will look once I get them.
These are the only other ones I have on this computer. I need some more current pics, but here you go...

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-imag0112.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-imag0116.jpg  
Old 03-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the pics Rednose44. Hopefully I'll be getting my pipes soon and I can post pictures of my bags on the bike.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Toonz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by td234
HI Toonz.

Wanted to ask about this option. If I remove the rear signals, what's left? Do I have big holes to try and hide? How would you cover them. I am liking the sound of this option. Sounds like a really slick, clean looking option for the bike.
Originally Posted by Jester750
To cover the holes after I removed my rear signals I went to the local hardware store and got some black plastic hole plugs that fit and looked like they were ment to be there.
I originally went to Harley but they only had them in chrome.
Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I left the holes from when I moved my rear turn signals empty. The holes are pretty small so I think they look fine empty.
As a a few people have mentioned, the holes are relatively small and don't look bad empty. A little bigger than the diamater of a pencil. I originally bought a relocation kit for my tail lights, and it comes with 2 rubber grommets that fit into one set of holes. The other is currently empty but you'd never notice unless you look real close. I'd take pics but the bike is getting a few go-fast upgrades and will be out of sight for a few weeks.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Toonz
As a a few people have mentioned, the holes are relatively small and don't look bad empty. A little bigger than the diamater of a pencil. I originally bought a relocation kit for my tail lights, and it comes with 2 rubber grommets that fit into one set of holes. The other is currently empty but you'd never notice unless you look real close. I'd take pics but the bike is getting a few go-fast upgrades and will be out of sight for a few weeks.
Them go-fast upgrades are the best kind. I am trying to decide if I want to go 107ci with cams and head work this next winter or wait until I am out of warranty.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

finally got the bike back outside, fired her up, but the rear cylinder is burning oil or something.. a fair amount of white smoke coming out the rear pipe. i guess i'm going to double check the PCV and make sure the map is still in it.. i hope it's something simple and not from relocating the coil and changing the plug wires and plugs..hopefully. i'm supposed to take it to my buddy who's a bike builder/repairer/fixer-upper anyways for a new tune and map, so we'll see how it goes.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Markske
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SmokeyTN
Man, every time you show a picture of your bike I fall in love with those bars all over again. It's gonna be hard to sell my wife so soon. At least I can dream and plan ahead.
Just edited your text a bit Smokey... Guess this is a solution to your problem?

Old 03-11-2012, 04:55 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
finally got the bike back outside, fired her up, but the rear cylinder is burning oil or something.. a fair amount of white smoke coming out the rear pipe. i guess i'm going to double check the PCV and make sure the map is still in it.. i hope it's something simple and not from relocating the coil and changing the plug wires and plugs..hopefully. i'm supposed to take it to my buddy who's a bike builder/repairer/fixer-upper anyways for a new tune and map, so we'll see how it goes.
Is it cold outside? Is it smoke and not steam/condensate? I get a lot out of mine rolling it out of the warm garage to the cold outside and firing it up. It quits after a couple of minutes. I would expect it to be blue and smelly if it was oil.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it was just the ceramic coating curing, because the smoke was coming off from the heat shields too.. i reprogrammed my PCV, put some fresh gas in it, took it for a ride..she rode good, except I forgot to tighten 1 bolt down.. the damn one for my mirror.. as soon as I hit the gas the mirror started spinning around on its stem.. sometime this or next week though I'm still gonna send her in for a proper mapping and tuning, which i've never had done..i've been using a generic map from PC's website

Old 03-11-2012, 06:33 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I think it was just the ceramic coating curing, because the smoke was coming off from the heat shields too.. i reprogrammed my PCV, put some fresh gas in it, took it for a ride..she rode good, except I forgot to tighten 1 bolt down.. the damn one for my mirror.. as soon as I hit the gas the mirror started spinning around on its stem.. sometime this or next week though I'm still gonna send her in for a proper mapping and tuning, which i've never had done..i've been using a generic map from PC's website
Nice. Glad it wasn't anything serious. That would really suck after having it laid up for so long.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners