Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 12:50 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
So, I just ordered the black aux. light kit along with the headlight and aux. light visor trim rings. I decided I am going to leave the risers and the trees chrome to keep some contrast and I was wondering how it would look if I left the visor trim rings chrome... Anyone got any pics of such a setup?

Not the best pic, but here you go (along with my sig pic). It is going to PC along with a bunch of other stuff...

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dsc01459.jpg  

Last edited by RedNose44; 03-09-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
So, I just ordered the black aux. light kit along with the headlight and aux. light visor trim rings. I decided I am going to leave the risers and the trees chrome to keep some contrast and I was wondering how it would look if I left the visor trim rings chrome... Anyone got any pics of such a setup?
Here's mine before the rings got satin chromed.

Name:  238b3100.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  163.8 KB

Old 03-09-2012, 01:17 PM
SmokeyTN
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
Here's mine before the rings got satin chromed.

Man, every time you show a picture of your bike I fall in love with those bars all over again. It's gonna be hard to sell my wife on another set of upgrades so soon. At least I can dream and plan ahead.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:29 PM
td234
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Toonz
Another option is to get an aftermarket rear signal that has the turn signals built in, like the D2Moto, and remove the rear signals all together.
HI Toonz.

Wanted to ask about this option. If I remove the rear signals, what's left? Do I have big holes to try and hide? How would you cover them. I am liking the sound of this option. Sounds like a really slick, clean looking option for the bike.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:30 PM
WillyT
Novice

Yup it added up quick, I didnt think it was possible for bike stuff to cost more then boat stuff but it just might have it beat but its so friggin cool looking!

Old 03-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

To cover the holes after I removed my rear signals I went to the local hardware store and got some black plastic hole plugs that fit and looked like they were ment to be there.
I originally went to Harley but they only had them in chrome.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I left the holes from when I moved my rear turn signals empty. The holes are pretty small so I think they look fine empty. I finally got some semi solid word on the release of my pipes. I guess one batch is being released tomorrow and another is going out on the 12th. Hopefully my pipes will be here in the next week or so. The BAL3-ST will be here Monday but my wife's making me wait till Tuesday to put it on since Tuesday is my actual birthday. Rednose44, can you post some more pictures of your bike with the bags on it? My bags are a similar size and look and I'd love to get a better idea of how they will look once I get them.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone remind me please, because it's staring at me funny.. Is the clutch cable zip-tied to the frame upright down near the master cylinder to the rear brakes?

Old 03-09-2012, 09:32 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I put one there just for grins.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:54 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

I could not remember either when I did my bars, but I put one on there anyways. Zip ties came in handy cleaning everything up when I put on the new cables and lines. The way I have them run now looks almost better than stock.

So I just made my big order on LSHD1 and another one on, suprisingly, Amazon (got a good deal on a few other parts I "could not live without")... hurt my wallet a little bit, but it should be ok; after all, that is what deployment money is for, your toys. I'll be home in about a month (got extended here for 2 more weeks, FML) so then it will be on, bike will be stripped and beers shall be drank (drunk, drunken?).

Originally Posted by RedNose44
Not the best pic, but here you go (along with my sig pic). It is going to PC along with a bunch of other stuff...
Thanks! I am thinking that since I am pretty much PCing almost all of the satin chrome (not because I don't like it, I love the satin chrome, but just because they happen to be the pieces I want to PC) and I am leaving the risers and top of the tree chrome, I am going to go ahead and leave the trim rings on the headlight and (future) aux. lights chrome, at least right when I get back. I may change my mind and PC them eventually, but probably not. I really dig the contrast look of the chrome rings and black housing.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners