Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeyTN
I liked having it done for me. That way, if they slip they get to buy me a new shield. I'm sure it can be done at home though. I just didn't have the equipment and these guys made it look perfect. As an alternative, you could buy a new plastic piece (at whatever height you want) from Memphis Shades (http://memphisshades.com/harley-shad...arley-davidson). They have colors, smoked, gradients, etc that are all set up to fit with the HD mounting hardware. The only problem is that it costs more (~$90 IIRC). I almost went that route because I was thinking about getting a smoked one (they call it "solar").
I was looking at the Memphis shades not to long ago. I have also been looking for a shield that has a top flip so you can go a bit lower and it will still direct the air flow above your head.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the HD King Sized windshield I bought from Rick (Jester750), it's just a hair tall for me, but i can see over it..kinda weird when i rode with it though, because the wind would come up over the windshield and thump the top of my head around..

Anyways.. For the record, in case anyone didn't see any previous posts.. I EFFING LOATHE SOLDERING.. :-D but at least I got it done.. only burned 8 of my fingers, a carpet, almost the cat because she apparently likes the smell of the solder, oh..and to get the wires behind the motor mount nice and neat, i take the motor mount off, it slips out from my burned fingers, drops on to the primary cover, and takes a nice chunk out of the black finish. Yeay. Luckily I had just enough left in the truck bed liner can to touch it up and kind of blend it.. but I guess I've found what's #1 to do on next years list. fml. battery's on a tender, a bit chilly today, but this weekend and next week it's supposed to be 65*+ around here, so I have a feeling she'll be back outside soon enough. Huzzah.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I feel for ya Jim. Me and things that get really hot don't get along either.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I just ordered the black aux. light kit along with the headlight and aux. light visor trim rings. I decided I am going to leave the risers and the trees chrome to keep some contrast and I was wondering how it would look if I left the visor trim rings chrome... Anyone got any pics of such a setup?

Old 03-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

So my bike at the dealer, it's been there since Monday, 10k done
But when the motor gets good and hot after riding for about a hour or so if I turn it off then try and restart it I get a grinding sound once or twice? They have risen it every day but yesterday without getting it to act up and warrantee is up on Monday.im going to be doing a fuel moto 107 in a mnth or so and going to replace the compensator, but would rather have it replace if that's the cause, but I was told it could be the compensator or starter drive, I'm not going to pay for extended waretee to have this fixed (what there suggesting) when after the big bore there not going to waretee anything but wiring when done

Old 03-09-2012, 11:40 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't remember who or what page on here but one of us has that same set up.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:57 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I have the HD King Sized windshield I bought from Rick (Jester750), it's just a hair tall for me, but i can see over it..kinda weird when i rode with it though, because the wind would come up over the windshield and thump the top of my head around..

Anyways.. For the record, in case anyone didn't see any previous posts.. I EFFING LOATHE SOLDERING.. :-D but at least I got it done.. only burned 8 of my fingers, a carpet, almost the cat because she apparently likes the smell of the solder, oh..and to get the wires behind the motor mount nice and neat, i take the motor mount off, it slips out from my burned fingers, drops on to the primary cover, and takes a nice chunk out of the black finish. Yeay. Luckily I had just enough left in the truck bed liner can to touch it up and kind of blend it.. but I guess I've found what's #1 to do on next years list. fml. battery's on a tender, a bit chilly today, but this weekend and next week it's supposed to be 65*+ around here, so I have a feeling she'll be back outside soon enough. Huzzah.
I'm getting out today, supposed to be *62 and the last day before 7 days of rain. I turned the shocks down yesterday, so need to see how the ***/back meter does. Been riding in the cold as I have time with the Gerbings heated gear. That's the best $$ I've spent in a long time.

I'm thinking of getting off my lazy *** and selling some stuff. I'll probably list my Heavy Breather a/f (PC'd satin black) and a wrinkle black primary cover if anyone is interested. Look for it in the For Sale section over the next couple of days.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
I'm getting out today, supposed to be *62 and the last day before 7 days of rain. I turned the shocks down yesterday, so need to see how the ***/back meter does. Been riding in the cold as I have time with the Gerbings heated gear. That's the best $$ I've spent in a long time.

I'm thinking of getting off my lazy *** and selling some stuff. I'll probably list my Heavy Breather a/f (PC'd satin black) and a wrinkle black primary cover if anyone is interested. Look for it in the For Sale section over the next couple of days.
I'll keep a look out interested in heavy breather

Old 03-09-2012, 12:32 PM
WillyT
Novice
Default My New 2012 Lo almost ready

Been lurking around this thread for a month now. Picking up my 2012 Lo next week. So far had some powder coating done, primary,forks, controls & headlight. Added 16 " carlini flyin apes 1.5's,HD mustache engine guard, Billet dark side collection points , derby cover & air fliter,stage 1, v&h 2 into 2 pipes and having Pat from Sundog leather make me a complete custom set tank bib,rear fender bib and a fork tool bag. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Lots of Pics to come. Apreciate all the inspiration in this thread, its now become my addiction. Cheers from Cape Cod Mass!

Old 03-09-2012, 12:44 PM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

Originally Posted by WillyT
Been lurking around this thread for a month now. Picking up my 2012 Lo next week. So far had some powder coating done, primary,forks, controls & headlight. Added 16 " carlini flyin apes 1.5's,HD mustache engine guard, Billet dark side collection points , derby cover & air fliter,stage 1, v&h 2 into 2 pipes and having Pat from Sundog leather make me a complete custom set tank bib,rear fender bib and a fork tool bag. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Lots of Pics to come. Apreciate all the inspiration in this thread, its now become my addiction. Cheers from Cape Cod Mass!
Geez *****, you came flying out of the gate, huh? Welcome to the board. I'd give you the obligatory "Sorry about what's about to happen to your wallet" talk, but it appears I'm a bit late on that.

Can't wait to see the pics. You're gonna love that bike.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners