Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I got the brake light fixed. Turned out to be the stupid bulb. For some reason both elements would light up when one of the brakes was applied but it wouldn't work as a running light. A quick trip to the parts store for a new bulb and it's working fine. I guess bulbs are another place Harley skimps on quality. I may be wrong but surely a bulb should last longer then a little under four months and 4000 miles.
My left front turn went out in less then 1200 miles. Got all led's now except for my headlight.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:01 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Erick118
Actually in that pic, it was a textured black, I didn’t like it. Also didn’t like it when I powdered coated it in Denim, Since then I have stripped it and repowdered it. I manage a power coat shop so it don't cost me any $$$ when I can’t make up my mind. We do production parts for Harley at my shop so I have all the genuine colors at my disposal.
The rocker boxes, primary, cam and trans covers are wrinkle black now. I just finished an old school style air cleaner cover in Denim black today for it. I think I like it...
Personally I don’t like any of the engine parts in gloss black on the Denim lo, but now that I think about it, they might not look to bad on your Silver scoot...

@ MISBEHAVEN, LOL.. She didnt have a choice, I picked the Iron and she picked the Blue. I thought it was a tough looking little bike not really a "girly" bike. One that I could cruise around on from time to time!

Yea, I am really starting to like the look of the gloss black engine covers, expecially with the silver. The attached pic is the one that really put me over the edge in wanting to do the gloss black PC on the engine covers and oil tank. That's going to get a little pricey though.

How close of a match to the oil tank can you get with powder? I am considering doing the engine covers in Denim Black so that I don't have to deal with removing the oil tank (which will be a MAJOR pain in the ***). But I don't want to go that route if I cannot get an exact match to the oil tank or if it might look funny against the textured engine.

My wife also sent me a pic if the red 883 Iron and she seriously likes that one. At least that is the impression I got with all the "OMG"s, "SO PRETTY"s and the thousands of exclamation points. I liked the price tag on it. Either way, I rhink I am little too big to be riding around on a Sporty; she says I would look "goofy."

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Do I have to answer this question honestly? Well no sorta. She does have some Harley Diamond Ice bling stuff on it.
Yes, the Diamond Ice stuff does count as being bedazzled... My wife likes that stuff too...

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0270.jpg  

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 03-05-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Sgt_Torque
Road Master

Originally Posted by DaveFLSTFB
It's the stock sissy bar from a 200 rear tire Softail Custom that I had powdercoated. Not sure on the part #. I don't like floorboards so I switched em out for fwd controls, they do have more ground clearance but the pipes still drag anyway
I'm a bit confused, if you now have MORE ground clearance - why did HD give me a bad time yesterday when I ordered the forwarding kit cuz they said I now will have LESS ground clearance. SO, how many inches of clearance do you have at the mounting brackets, if you would be so kind to measure for me?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Sgt_Torque
Road Master

Has anyone installed and ridden a FLSTFB with the one inch RISING shocks?

Old 03-05-2012, 01:20 AM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by Sgt_Torque
Has anyone installed and ridden a FLSTFB with the one inch RISING shocks?
Shotgun Shocks allow about 4" of travel so they will raise 1". Too high for my tastes.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Torque
I'm a bit confused, if you now have MORE ground clearance - why did HD give me a bad time yesterday when I ordered the forwarding kit cuz they said I now will have LESS ground clearance. SO, how many inches of clearance do you have at the mounting brackets, if you would be so kind to measure for me?
A good way to check and measure clearance/lean angle is to have someone you trust hold the bike straight up. Now take a piece of plywood the length of the bike lay it on the ground against both tires the raise up the outer edge and you can measure the amount of clearance you have and compare it with your floorboards and forward controls.

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Yea, I am really starting to like the look of the gloss black engine covers, expecially with the silver. The attached pic is the one that really put me over the edge in wanting to do the gloss black PC on the engine covers and oil tank. That's going to get a little pricey though.

How close of a match to the oil tank can you get with powder? I am considering doing the engine covers in Denim Black so that I don't have to deal with removing the oil tank (which will be a MAJOR pain in the ***). But I don't want to go that route if I cannot get an exact match to the oil tank or if it might look funny against the textured engine.

My wife also sent me a pic if the red 883 Iron and she seriously likes that one. At least that is the impression I got with all the "OMG"s, "SO PRETTY"s and the thousands of exclamation points. I liked the price tag on it. Either way, I rhink I am little too big to be riding around on a Sporty; she says I would look "goofy."

Yes, the Diamond Ice stuff does count as being bedazzled... My wife likes that stuff too...
I would like to get the look of the Blackline's heads and cylinders on my bike. And that Iron in the Red is one sweet looking bike. Saw one at the Dealer when we went in shopping for her Bling Bling stuff and her Boom Audio. That worst part about her bike is that it is louder then my bike I have 2.0 baffles in mine and she has Rush slipon's for hers but I have no Idea what baffles she has but it is freaking loud.

Last edited by Misbehaven; 03-05-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Erick118
Novice

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS

Yes you can get an exact match for the Blk Denim in powder. Your frame and swingarm are coated in it. Just take it to someone who knows what they are doing and you should be fine. Have the guy spray you a test panel before you take the plunge. Do not rely on a color chip from a book.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:22 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ Dupont Black Magic is pretty much dead on.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:46 AM
td234
Cruiser
Default Backrest and windshield tips

Hi.

I have been enjoying my FBL as a solo bike for the last month, but now my wife wants to ride along, so I need some accessories. Looking for a backrest (detachable with small luggage rack) and a windshield (detachable). Looking for any recommendations for these items. Also wanting something black to go with my black denim.

Thanks for any advice.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by td234
Hi.

I have been enjoying my FBL as a solo bike for the last month, but now my wife wants to ride along, so I need some accessories. Looking for a backrest (detachable with small luggage rack) and a windshield (detachable). Looking for any recommendations for these items. Also wanting something black to go with my black denim.

Thanks for any advice.
If you go with a HD detchable sissy bar and backrest...signals have to be relocated close to back of strut. Not to sure on aftermarkets.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners