Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:07 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crum222
I love the look of the light. Hows riding at night with it? Ive heard it doesnt project well directly in front of the bike. But might just not be aimed right.
Sounds like an adjustment issue to me. Mine works fine.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife's pretty awesome. A pain at times but especially this time pretty awesome. She told me I can go ahead and order a BAL3-ST for my birthday. I didn't even have to try too hard to sell her on the safety aspect. I bet it's here before my pipes too.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Sgt_Torque
Road Master

Originally Posted by KOJAX
harley has news fatboy lo shocks it will raise the fatboy lo about 1 inch look at the harley website under new parts they are not cheap lol
Thanks Kojax, I'll check it out.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:29 AM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone know whose bike this is and how tall these apes are? 12" 14"?

Originally Posted by Caseyx

Old 03-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Erick118
Novice

Originally Posted by Sgt_Torque
Thanks Kojax, I'll check it out.
To raise your bike 1" all you really need is a set of stock Fatboy shocks. If you are looking for suggestions, try looking on EBay. You can find a set of take-offs from sombody who lowered their bike, you can prolly find a set that has low miles. I have seen stock shocks go for less than $40 a set. Most "stock" parts can be found cheap on ebay.

Last edited by Erick118; 03-04-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:12 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

^ What he said. Or just create a thread in the WTB section here saying you are looking for some stock fatboy shocks; I am sure one of the great guys on the forums is willing to let some go for next to nothing. Especially those who got the Shotgun Shock, because you know they aren't ever going back to the stockers.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:24 AM
11lofatboy
Cruiser

To the guys who have changed out front forks.....Did you have to replace the seals and such, and if you replaced the seals, did you need a seal driver tool. Thanks

Old 03-04-2012, 08:40 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Youngneg
Hey JIMSFBL......good to see you again my friend, how ya making out.....did you sell your Lo?
Yea, I just was messing around on Choppers exchange site one day and they had a deal to list a motorcycle for sale. I wasn't planning on selling it, so I just listed it for a lot of money and figured hey if sells for that Ill sell it. I sold it for $32,000!!!! It was shipped to Africa to some diplomat the best I can tell. They came and got it and I never heard from them again. Crazy huh? I had at least that in it though.

I have been working on my touring bike a lot lately and I have picked up a streetglide that I'm going to completly redo it from top to bottom.

Funny Jim said Traitor haha, I really did feel like I left my clan! It's rare that someone will offer top dollar for a bike especially these days and since I had another Harley I took the deal. I enjoy working on them as much as riding, so I was needing another project anyways.

I still check in every know and then

Old 03-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Erick118
Novice

Originally Posted by 11lofatboy
To the guys who have changed out front forks.....Did you have to replace the seals and such, and if you replaced the seals, did you need a seal driver tool. Thanks
If your bike has low miles then I would say no, you dont have to buy new seals. Just be carful when you are taking them apart, my suggestion is to do one side at a time. I changed mine and had no issues. You do not need any special tools to drive the seal in. I used a piece of PVC pipe to knock mine in. If you want to see it done there are a ton of youtube videos showing fork rebuilds.

Last edited by Erick118; 03-04-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:55 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Erick: When are we onna see some updated pics? I may have to pick yours, Sgt_Jim's and everyone elses brains in about a month when I go to tear mine down. MAYBE. I may just try to swing it when tearing everything apart. My wife is already afraid I am going to lose a part. She worries about things too much; she is going to freak when she sees how much I am actually tearing down the bike...

OH! Found out I am coming home early! Just a couple more weeks to go now.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners