Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Youngneg
cool people, i got LED`S turnsignals from them....no problem really bright LED`S..life time quarantee
I was looking at the rear turn signal conversion to give the rear of my bike a little more light at night, I made the mistake of haveing my girlfriend fallow behind me the other night, since I tinted my tail light she says it hard to see from a distance unless I have the brakes on

Old 03-01-2012, 09:45 PM
11lofatboy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I did the same swap a several months ago and like the difference. It is not a huge difference but enough to make me comfortable riding. I was able to use all mt stock cable but had to replace the upper ABS brake line. At the time I could not find any after market ABS lines so I just bought the HD upper line for the 2012 Fatboy Lo. Had to have the ABS reset at the dealer after the install. The 2012 bar can be had for less the $125 new.
Thanks for the reply. I dont have ABS on mine. I ordered a set of 6 inch pullback risers. I wonder what im going to have to change out. I might just buy a new set of bars.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 11lofatboy
Thanks for the reply. I dont have ABS on mine. I ordered a set of 6 inch pullback risers. I wonder what im going to have to change out. I might just buy a new set of bars.
The the 2012 bars will add 1.5" to the width tip to tip, 1.5" more pullback and 3" of rise compared to the stock 2010-2011 bars. That with the addition of 6" risers you may need new throttle and clutch cables as well.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:37 PM
harleyfiremedic
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
The the 2012 bars will add 1.5" to the width tip to tip, 1.5" more pullback and 3" of rise compared to the stock 2010-2011 bars. That with the addition of 6" risers you may need new throttle and clutch cables as well.
Don'y know if this helps at all, but I put the stock Fatboy bar on my 2010 low (before the 12's came out) and I had to put on new cables. I also have the HD 4" pull back risers. Really like the position that it put me in. Made it much more comfortable for me.

Pic showing the bars

Last edited by harleyfiremedic; 03-01-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: fix link
Old 03-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

I really did not even want to change my bars as I liked the stock look. But I needed the little bit of pullback to unlock my elbows and the 2012 (COMMON BARS) did the trick.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:28 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
I was looking at the rear turn signal conversion to give the rear of my bike a little more light at night, I made the mistake of haveing my girlfriend fallow behind me the other night, since I tinted my tail light she says it hard to see from a distance unless I have the brakes on
Is there a reason why you would get the triple play conversion over the Harley one? The Harley one is cheaper and does the exast same thing... Just my thoughts.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 03-02-2012, 04:48 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hawt damn. In another thread, Malingerer mentioned 'Reed Deisgns' seat as an alternative to a deluxe seat and it's discomfort. I think it would look frikin awesome on a Lo....especially what I am trying to do with mine. I sent out an email on how to get my hands on such.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:11 AM
11lofatboy
Cruiser

Thanks guys, I do have a set of 4 inch pullback risers laying here also. I ordered the 4 inch first, never put them on because compared to the stock risers, they weren't much different. So I ordered the 6 inch. Ill have to play with it a little. Also ordered a Mustang seat. Maybe I should just go with apes and get it over with. I like the look of the stock bars but my back cant handle it for more than an hour.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 11lofatboy
Thanks guys, I do have a set of 4 inch pullback risers laying here also. I ordered the 4 inch first, never put them on because compared to the stock risers, they weren't much different. So I ordered the 6 inch. Ill have to play with it a little. Also ordered a Mustang seat. Maybe I should just go with apes and get it over with. I like the look of the stock bars but my back cant handle it for more than an hour.
I would have liked going to Apes but I can't raise my left arm up past shoulder height for any extended period. Tried em on a friends Fatboy and could only last 10-15 min before I had to stop riding. I think you will be ok with the 6" risers and stock bars but the upper brake line may be the only issue. I know I have read where some have used the risers on a non ABS bike and got away with it.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:43 AM
ginboy64
Intermediate
Default Visored ring

Hey Jim,

New to the conversation on trim rings.. If you have it, what is the part number for your visored trim ring? I got part number 69733-05 and that thing is just too big for the stock headlight on my 2010 Lo. Just sitting it around the headlight The gap at the bottom of the new visored ring almost closes together even being around the bottom tab of the original trim ring. I dont see any way it will fasten tightly. And then, even if the circumference were correct, there is about a half inch gap between the front of the headlight and the back of the new trim ring leaving a void there you could stick your index finger into.

Any help would be appreciated... from anyone!!

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
..which one? there's a few trim rings..

the contoured,

the normal but deeper,

the visored,

the stock but black one..

I have the visored, and sent it out to the powder coater to make it gloss black:

and to answer the question, I just bought it at the dealer

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners