Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 3ST.. 2 words of wisdom.. 1) Full power is too damn bright, even in daylight..although medium power is pretty good, and 2) go slowly with each selection of "flash"..there's so damn many that if you pass by one you "may" feel happy with, it'll take forever to get back around to it

Old 02-28-2012, 06:20 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I been spamming my recent mods in other threads...might as well do it here also

Latest...

Shotgun shock is on and rear fender getting refitted due to problems. Just ordered 36" 2.25 Samson Black duals and soon Boss springer bags & Deluxe stock seat. After that...rest of the bling: diamond black whiskers & boards/pads, mother well solo rack, PC/satin chrome a few parts, etc...

Here is a pic of the bags 'photoshopped' on a tins mock up.

Name:  Bossbags.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  142.7 KB

Last edited by Josewales; 02-28-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Brutus01
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
I been spamming my recent mods in other threads...might as well do it here also

Latest...

Shotgun shock is on and rear fender getting refitted due to problems. Just ordered 36" 2.25 Samson Black duals and soon Boss springer bags & Deluxe stock seat. After that...rest of the bling: diamond black whiskers & boards/pads, mother well solo rack, PC/satin chrome a few parts, etc...

Here is a pic of the bags 'photoshopped' on a tins mock up.

I really like the look of those springer bags on your Lo. I decided to go with leather bags instead of hard bags because I just really like the look a lot better. It seemed to be that it just blended better with the denim and style of the bike. I ended up with bags off of a Crossbones and really like them but I must admit you have me thinking again now. My issue is with clearance above my pipes since it turns up on the angle of the swing arm.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-bag-only.jpg  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:50 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Brutus...ya I agree, it seems black denim demands leather from almost every pic I seen with bags. One thing I really dig about the Boss phantom set up...takes only a few seconds to pop up them off for bar hopping compared to hard bags w/ CV brackets. One thing though...those bags are fricking pricey but not much difference than hard bags with paint and quality bracket.

Also your cats would look just as awesome back down Which brings me to ask..is the muffler a slip on for that, or a whole new set of pipes?

Last edited by Josewales; 02-28-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:28 AM
TILTED KILT
Intermediate

Awsome ride. Cant wait to start the upgrades on my 2012. Got the V/H BSS pipes and love em! They sound insane.. Now trying to pick out a blacked out detachable sissy

Old 02-28-2012, 08:06 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

I do seriously dig those boss bags! They are quite spendy, but damn, they look good.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

I know for sure boss bags are the deal...atm I am wrappign my head around if I should custom order without the weave. Whole idea from the start was to keep mods very clean and simple. Not worried about the seat, probably going to get a deluxe seat reshaped to get rid of the the pressure points and same time maybe can get rid of the weave.

Your guys' thoughts?

Old 02-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Miked053
Supporter

Jose, love the bike man I really do but with all the stuff your doing I am starting to question why you just didnt buy a heritage or deluxe lol

Old 02-28-2012, 08:37 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

I'd say stick with you stock seat, and have the tops of the bags done in the "buffalo skin" which is what the stock seat comes with.
http://www.bossbags.com/images/37Buf.jpg

Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Miked053
Jose, love the bike man I really do but with all the stuff your doing I am starting to question why you just didnt buy a heritage or deluxe lol
Look who's talkin' Mr Roadking-Bags-&-Aux.-Lights! I kid, I kid! I love your bike.

Both of your bikes look sick, and I do wish I had the extra change in order to bag mine as well.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners