Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uwe1960
Where did you get the Headlight Trim Ring, it looks great just like the rest of your ride. Do you have a part number?
Thanks

Uwe
..which one? there's a few trim rings..

the contoured,
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

the normal but deeper,

the visored,

the stock but black one..

I have the visored, and sent it out to the powder coater to make it gloss black:

and to answer the question, I just bought it at the dealer

Old 02-25-2012, 06:40 PM
11lofatboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you guys changed out the primary, derby, trans cover and such, did you change all the gaskets and seals? Or can I re-use the old ones? Thanks

ps. I got bored today, so....I started over reading this thread and its going to cost me another $2000. Damn forum. Ha!

Old 02-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

gaskets are relatively cheap and should always be changed.. although the derby cover o-ring I've reused

Old 02-25-2012, 09:52 PM
bauer4567
Tourer

Originally Posted by uwe1960
Where did you get the Headlight Trim Ring, it looks great just like the rest of your ride. Do you have a part number?
Thanks

Uwe

I got mine from this guy on ebay. If you dont have anything else going to the PCer, it makes sense to buy it already PCd...

7" Gloss Black Visor Style Trim Ring

Old 02-26-2012, 01:57 AM
Fatboy Todd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bauer4567
I got mine from this guy on ebay. If you dont have anything else going to the PCer, it makes sense to buy it already PCd...

7" Gloss Black Visor Style Trim Ring
Thank you sir! Bid has been made. Relatively cheap way to tighten up the front end.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:03 AM
Bl1ndSquirrel
Novice

Originally Posted by FatVermonter
New Fat Boy Lo owner here... 2 weeks now. No mods yet, but I'm getting a solo rack next week. I'll post up pictures of it when I get it, since I haven't seen any here.

Looks like this group so far likes the bagless look, but I was wondering if anybody has bags, and if so which ones... pics? I'm thinking of getting the Softail detachables so that I can go bagless easily.

My wife and I both like the looks of the V&H big radius 2-into-2 pipes, but she seems to recall seeing some that had a smaller radius... any idea what those might be??
/Users/douglaspiper/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2011/08/14/20110814-092852/P6010011.JPG

/Users/douglaspiper/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Previews/2011/08/14/20110814-092852/P6010009.JPG

I like the HD bags I got at purchase. These bags are not detachable but I like the looks.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:19 AM
protocolgeorge
6th Gear
Default This is my baby....

First off, I would like how great this forum and its members are. Lots of great information and ideas to be found. I just thought I would post some shots of my baby a 2010 Fatboy Lo, taken last summer. I have done a fair amount of work over the winter not shown here, but I will post some new pics in the spring. So far I have done:

- Had the pipe heat shields re-coated to be actually black to match matte black on the engine (the stock vance & hines shields are basically grey)
- Powder coated black lay-back license plate mount
- Powder coated black head light trim ring
- Powder coated black tail light trim ring
- Head-bolt finned bridges
- Harley Black Slotted Shift Linkage
- Harley Black LCD Oil Temp/Level Dipstick
- Harley Black LED Headlight
- Full black cover set (including docking points, swing arm pivot, rear & front axle)
- Stage 1 with Harley Oval Ventilator & Super Tuner S.E Pro

Still lots left to do. Can't decide between full Stage 3 (with 204 cam) 103 or 120r for installation next winter. Local dealer offers free winter storage for off-season engine work.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-2010-fatboy-lo-1.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-2010-fatboy-lo-2.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-2010-fatboy-lo-3.jpg  
Old 02-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Erick118
Novice

Just thought I would throw up a few pics of my winter project. Rinehart cross-back pipes, Wild-One bars, Diamond Black cables, grips, ARP stainless engine bolts,a bunch of powdercoating, Progressive Mono Tube Cartridges in the front, etc... Going to install Airtail Shocks in the back this week.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-1.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-4.jpg  

Last edited by Erick118; 03-04-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:22 AM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Hey guys, I just ordered Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 black and the Dynojet Power Vision from Fuel Moto. Does anyone have any tips for removing the stock head pipes?

Also I had Fuel Moto include a map for the Big Radius exhaust with the stock air cleaner and one for Big Radius exhaust and the Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather. Do any of you have experience with running Fuel Motos pre made maps? Do the perform well for a generic tune?

Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Erick118
Just thought I would throw up a few pics of my winter project. Rinehart cross-back pipes, Wild-One bars, Diamond Black cables, grips, ARP stainless engine bolts,a bunch of powdercoating, Progressive Mono Tube Cartridges in the front, etc... Going to install Airtail Shocks in the back this week.
The more i see bikes with the Aux lights on, the more I can't decide whether I want them or not.. question though..why are your passenger pegs up so high?

Originally Posted by liquidr1
Hey guys, I just ordered Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 black and the Dynojet Power Vision from Fuel Moto. Does anyone have any tips for removing the stock head pipes?

Also I had Fuel Moto include a map for the Big Radius exhaust with the stock air cleaner and one for Big Radius exhaust and the Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather. Do any of you have experience with running Fuel Motos pre made maps? Do the perform well for a generic tune?
Yeah, see if you can get access to the clamp things that hold the heat shields on and remove those first.. give ya a few extra milimeters to stick some wrenches in there.. to get the rear flange bolts, I had to use a fairly long extension to my socket wrench, though i'm sure it was more than needed.. once you have the flanges off, and the bracket loose that bolts the exhaust to the frame, the whole thing will come off in one piece. As far as FM maps, a lot of people around here run them with their PCV's and PV's.. the only negative I've ever read about on here with them is that they're tuned for a different altitude and air pressure than where you may live. it won't cause anything to go "wrong" with your bike, and it's perfectly fine to run one of their maps, but it won't be as perfect as if you were to get it tuned locally.. depends on how perfect you want things to be.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners