Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:28 PM
BonsaiJim
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sandsquid
if it's a new exhaust sometimes you need to re-torque the bolts. they do come loose give a bad seal and there you go. unless it did that from day one with the exhaust
I assume that was in response to my question? I bought the bike used with 485 miles, with everything on it but have the original dealer shop reports that said all work was done with 7 miles on the bike- now has 500 on it.

Does the "rain cover" on the A/C give any restriction that would richen it up?

Old 02-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how bad is the decel popping? You'll most likely always have "some"..but if it's really bad, then most likely the dealer didn't do a very good job tuning it, and i'd start pricing out some after market solutions..

Old 02-24-2012, 08:44 PM
BonsaiJim
Advanced

About as bad as running drags...

Its the "POP!" when I start it after its been sitting that really makes people turd their drawers...

Great, OL said I'm not suposed to alter anything!

Old 02-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does it happen every time you start the bike? because right there, if it does it while you're starting it, that leads me further to think it's a bad tune

Old 02-24-2012, 09:08 PM
BonsaiJim
Advanced

Seems to happen more after its been sitting a while, generally outside. Having it off for a few minutes, its fine.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New grips will be here Tuesday. Hopefully that will tide me over for the next week or two until the new pipes get here. I'm thinking about doing the transmission side cover before the pipes get here so I have less to do. I'm assuming that I'll need to drain the transmission before I pop the old cover is that right? I know with the stock pipes still on I'll need to temporarily remove the exhaust bracket that's in place. Looks doable otherwise. I guess I'd just like less to do at one time.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:58 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
New grips will be here Tuesday. Hopefully that will tide me over for the next week or two until the new pipes get here. I'm thinking about doing the transmission side cover before the pipes get here so I have less to do. I'm assuming that I'll need to drain the transmission before I pop the old cover is that right? I know with the stock pipes still on I'll need to temporarily remove the exhaust bracket that's in place. Looks doable otherwise. I guess I'd just like less to do at one time.
You don't neccessarily have to drain the transmission. When I changed out that cover on mine, I just said screw it, put a cut-in-half milk jug underneath it and then took off the cover. It drained itself. There will be a little fluid that runs onto the frame and stuff, but it is real easy to clean off.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:57 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Parts orderd have a ? Can the cam cover come off with exhaust still on I have V&H big rad 2 into 1 I know the shield has to buy the pipes them selves

Old 02-25-2012, 06:25 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

I took mine off with a little "L" shaped allen wrench. I did not take off the pipes but instead, I just loosend up the exhast brackets and such. It can be done. I did it. It is a major pain in the ***. But it may not be as big of a pain in the *** as removing the exhaust first.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:42 AM
uwe1960
Stage III

Where did you get the Headlight Trim Ring, it looks great just like the rest of your ride. Do you have a part number?
Thanks

Uwe

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners