Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannibully
Man, this thread is obviously the place to be for FBL riders!
Those of you with the V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes.... how do you like them? They look like they were just made for the FBL. How are they performance and soundwise? What sort of tuning modifications did you do when you changed your pipes?
idk about on the Lo, but my dad has them on his 2000 95" Nightrain.. they look good, and have a decent tone to them..a little bit raspy for my tastes..idk if they're any different with the fuel injected engines, since these have a bit different of a sound than the carb'd motors..

and idk if "trained" is the right word..but he's going to school for Photography.. Occasionally I send him an email of a job application to McDonalds and Wal-Mart..

Old 02-23-2012, 06:34 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

I just purchased the short shots and am waiting for them to come in and I can tell you about them on my Fatboy lo

Old 02-23-2012, 06:36 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those of you with the V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes.... how do you like them? They look like they were just made for the FBL. How are they performance and soundwise? What sort of tuning modifications did you do when you changed your pipes?
I see you found the thread. When I had my pipes changed, I had the air intake changed as well. I just went the cheap route at the time and had the dealer map it. However, I am debating on a tuner now. Just so many options and not the only hobby with a limited bank account to play with. Just to be clear, I didn't go with the Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes. If I recall correctly, they require that the passenger peg be removed and from what I've heard, they are pretty loud. I still like the look of the black pipes though.

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
and idk if "trained" is the right word..but he's going to school for Photography.. Occasionally I send him an email of a job application to McDonalds and Wal-Mart..
Probably a good idea. LOL. Around here there are a few local camera clubs and a couple of meet up groups. Some have guest speakers and sometimes it is worth while. A few of the "older" people I know also get some really cheap rates at the community college though the photography classes they take are not toward an acredited degree program. In my opinion, the key is still practice and more practice. Access to a good mentor can help as well though there are so many books and online videos now. Post-production software can also help greatly though hopefully, one has a good photo to start with prior to post-production.

Last edited by TNB; 02-23-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Two days in a row now had a chance to ride in warmer weather up here in the North. Got a couple compliments from strangers on the Lo... Always love that. I forget that not everyone follows bike models and sometimes you get people who's eyes light up the way yours did when you were picking out which bike you wanted.

I get compliments on the Denim paint most of the time actually. I tell that that's standard and I didn't have it done. But it feels good to be noticed. Cars usually don't get that praise unless it's something customized or rare.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:16 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zombiequest
Two days in a row now had a chance to ride in warmer weather up here in the North. Got a couple compliments from strangers on the Lo... Always love that. I forget that not everyone follows bike models and sometimes you get people who's eyes light up the way yours did when you were picking out which bike you wanted.

I get compliments on the Denim paint most of the time actually. I tell that that's standard and I didn't have it done. But it feels good to be noticed. Cars usually don't get that praise unless it's something customized or rare.
The Lo has mojo indeed. It even comes with free cougar smiles.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Brutus01
Road Captain

MY BR bars will be delivered this morning and a Mustang wide vintage solo with backrest that I bought from a guy is coming too. Can't wait to pull my bars out of that box. Too bad I won't be home until after 6 but I will post some pics soon after of the bars.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:00 PM
sandsquid
Intermediate

has anyone seen the difference between the HD LED headlight and a HID kit. All opinions welcome. Looking to do 1 or the other. pros cons

Old 02-24-2012, 12:14 PM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

Hey Cannibully, welcome to the thread. I got the Big Radius 2-2 put on mine back in January and have put on 1000 miles since then. I love them! Just this weekend someone commented that they look like they were created just for this bike. They are deep and loud without being obnoxious and even the few times I've had a passenger up since then, they didn't mind the noise. However, if you rip the throttle you let everybody within a few blocks know you're around.

Performance wise, it depends on what you plan on doing along with the pipes. If you do the pipes alone and nothing else, you aren't likely to get a big performance boost. I added a free flowing Roland Sands air cleaner (not the cheapest route...but amazing design. You can get the Big Sucker or HD stage 1 cleaner setups for much less if you prefer) and had it tuned by the dealer with the Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner (once again not the cheapest route...but the best performance for someone like me who doesn't want to tinker with it myself). I agonized about the best tuning route for months before I pulled the trigger on the HD Super Tuner. I was looking into Power Commanders and Power Visions, but I had no desire to do any of my own tuning and I just wanted to make sure it was done right. My setup is ideal for what I want (and don't want) to do. If you like doing your own stuff and having the ability to tweak it on the fly, tune with a Power Vision. The guys on here who have them swear by them.

Keep it dirty side down and welcome to the board.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:16 PM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

Originally Posted by TNB
I see you found the thread. When I had my pipes changed, I had the air intake changed as well. I just went the cheap route at the time and had the dealer map it. However, I am debating on a tuner now. Just so many options and not the only hobby with a limited bank account to play with. Just to be clear, I didn't go with the Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes. If I recall correctly, they require that the passenger peg be removed and from what I've heard, they are pretty loud. I still like the look of the black pipes though.
Nah...no need for removing passenger peg. The Big Radius 2-2 allow the peg to be ABOVE the two pipes rather than between them like they were on the stock pipes. Much better if you ask me.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:19 PM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
That's the MotherWell Luggage Rack..

http://www.motherwellproducts.com/SO...wl-175-09b.htm

There's actually 2.. that one, and the exact same one except it comes with the black hardware. I ordered the one Without the hardware, and they sent me the black thumbscrews anyways.. yeay. Anyways, yeah it fits with the fender bib and is very nice.
Jim, do you think that rack would fit with the one-piece sissy bar like I have on mine? I've been thinking about getting a sissy bar bag for weekend trips and running with the bag facing the front (like a backrest for me), but I'm not sure I'm comfortable just having the bib to protect the fender.

Sorry for the 3 straight posts. I was responding to different people and didn't think to combine the quotes into 1 post.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners