Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Torque
Anyone here replace their floorboards with forward controls /pegs?
I did.

and added 3" extensions.

and Curacao, no you don't change the master cylinder.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img-20110531-00019.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-side_view_smaller.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img-20110531-00021.jpg  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:24 PM
pafc64
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well got back yesterday after putting about 1000kms on My Lo & having the ABS reset at the dealers after breaking the brakeline when I put 6" risers on.
I ended up getting a new brakeline made 6" longer so if I want to change the bars I can now.
The 6" risers made a hell of allot of difference & My throttle hand is lasting allot longer before I start to get pins & needles now,while at the dealers I saw a bloke buying a clip on device that lets you use the heel of your hand to help turn the throttle so I bought one @ $5.95 its the best money I ever spent as not once on the 450km ride home did My hand start to hurt as I can now move my fingers & use the heel of my hand control the throttle.

Name:  012-3.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  81.1 KB

Name:  0082.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  98.5 KB

Cheers
Rick

Old 02-22-2012, 02:31 AM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default le pic

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-048.jpg  
Old 02-22-2012, 04:06 AM
Deadanimal
Tourer
Default Inverted clutch

Has anyone used the inverted Clutch lever from Cook Customs!

I've been researching info for my bar set up that I want to go with. Completely clean bars except the clutch lever...
It's gonna cost me bout 2 bills to do what I want to do but I'm hoping to find some reviews on the clutch lever first since it will be kinda pricy and want to do it right the first time..
This will be my break down of parts

Carlini Gangster/Flying apes 1.50" and modified (remove the taper at drop to 1" point)
Piston risers
Exile internal throttle
Exile grips 1.50" w/grip ace control pad
Jay brake MC (integerating both brakes to foot control)
Cook custom inverted clutch lever

The plan is to have the bars and grips appear to be one flowing piece.
I will be fitting and modifing everything before I PC it all black to match the Denim Lo....

Old 02-22-2012, 09:36 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Nice setup Snowyone! Looks like a seriously comfortable and well set up mile crusher.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:30 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Ok laying down parts list, and so forth and $ racking up pretty fast, so I'm going to prob ask one of the dumbest ? .... Can u tell the diff in color and looks if I buy engine covers from Harley wrinkled black or just either buy wrinkled black parts off eBay that has been powder coated or have some of my parts powder coated..... I know maybe dumb ? But I'm very **** about my scoot and want it done right, but it needs to look good if and when I can get it done, hopefully in the next mnth or so looking fwd to win some shows this yr
Thx for any input

Old 02-23-2012, 05:46 AM
Fierofly
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
Ok laying down parts list, and so forth and $ racking up pretty fast, so I'm going to prob ask one of the dumbest ? .... Can u tell the diff in color and looks if I buy engine covers from Harley wrinkled black or just either buy wrinkled black parts off eBay that has been powder coated or have some of my parts powder coated..... I know maybe dumb ? But I'm very **** about my scoot and want it done right, but it needs to look good if and when I can get it done, hopefully in the next mnth or so looking fwd to win some shows this yr
Thx for any input
Buy the High Heat Wrinkle Black Spray paint from Pep Boys, works graet. Trick is use at least three coats like the directions say. It will look like it isn't working but give it an hour or so. Check out my photos, I've done my Primary, turn signals, fender supports, heat shields.

Last edited by Fierofly; 02-23-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:05 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
Thx for any input
Yeah if you've got the patience you can just use some wrinkle spray paint and do it yourself..i'm not that patient though, so i sent all my stuff to be powdercoated. In my opinion that's the way to go, because it is vastly cheaper to do that rather than buying replacement parts.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:30 AM
sandsquid
Intermediate
Talking Standing by to standby for my lo

WOW, just went through this whole thread!
I'm deployed right now and have my lo on order!
I get to meet her hopefully by early June. 2012 Lo Denim black w/ ABS & Sec. First mods will be FM A/C w/ black backing plate, D&D Fatcat black and a PV. My father just picked me up some wicked bars from GCC in Clearwater, FL. I hope they rock. They look bada$$.
Thank you guys for cuttin that hole in my wallet. I never been robbed and had a smile on my face before.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:58 AM
sandsquid
Intermediate
Default SGT Jim where did you get that rack that goes ontop of your fender bib

SGT where did you get that rack that goes on your fender bib. That is exactly what I'm looking for.

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim

(the last photo was prior to me making some more cosmetic modifications, which is why it looks funny)..

What do you mean Piston Risers? Your handlebar risers, or something in the motor? are the bars black? if so, then the rises should be, otherwise leave them chrome.. I'm leaving my Laydown Plate chrome because of the chrome ring around the tail light, so the two blend but isn't exaggerated..

when you say Denim.. do you mean you want to have those parts painted Denim black? Because if so, it won't match the engine and it'll stick out like a sore thumb.. what you want is a "Textured Black" powder coat..it's a tiny bit glossier than the HD engine, but it still looks nice.. as for going Denim on the lower forks..that'll certainly be different, but it wont match the light housing or the "cow bells".. if you were to get all of those things painted (and I say painted because im pretty sure Denim isn't a powdercoat option..then again, maybe it is, idk)...but if you were to get those things done in Denim, that would certainly be original and i think you'd be the only one to do it..now whether it would look good? who knows..

But it's your bike.. if anything, i suggest you take some good pictures of it, put them on the computer, then use MS Paint or something and just color in the spots you want to ahve done..that'll give you an idea of how it'll look..

Anywho.. I'm having some tiny things done this year..the largest of which is the Clutch Housing Cover (the thing that says Six Speed that isn't actually a transmission cover)..im having that done black so it doesn't stick out behind my pipes..that leaves the Engine being the brushed chrome..it's going to create a nice looking V amongst all the black. I also put on the black console because after awhile the silver one stuck out too much for me.. That's about it..then I think i'm done with cosmetics.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners