Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Damn NIPR net! I can't see your pics Jim! All I got is red X's. So what is it you did? I am guessing bedlinered your upper rocker boxes?
so what? your net is imgur.com blocked? that's sad.. anyways, ill try these.. i bedliner'd the engine/horn mount because it was quite ugly

before:

after:

...I'm just finding all sorts of random things to blacken out that won't make the bike overly black, but things that stick out like a sore thumb..for example for those who have blacked their lowers, if you stand at the front of your bike and look at the rim and the forks..what do you see? black forks on a black wheel and maybe you've blacked your rotors like me.. wel all i saw was an ugly wheel spacer sticking out there, so while i had the front end ripped apart again..why not black out my spacers?

Old 02-21-2012, 10:22 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
Capt. Morgan...how's the mods going? Last I checked you were doing the PC's.
Nah, still deployed. Got the PC list completed and finalized (even got the powder coater ready to go immediately when I get home and tear all the stuff down), I have a bunch of stuff sitting at the house just waiting to be put on and other stuff ready to be taken off, but I still have about 1 month left of this damn deployment. It is going to be the longest month of my life. The end of deployments are always like that.

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
so what? your net is imgur.com blocked? that's sad.. anyways, ill try these.. i bedliner'd the engine/horn mount because it was quite ugly
Yea, all I have to look on the forums is my work computer here and they have photobucket blocked so images from there and other similar sites won't pop up. I could pay for slow *** wireless out here but at $120/month... I think not.

But this time I could see the pics. Damn, that made a serious difference! I would have never even thought to look at that either one of those and decide to change it. Good eye! I will have mine stripped down to next to nothing at the beginning of April, so maybe I need to pick up some satin and some gloss black spray paint to fix the little things like that as well.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Looking for a little input, I'm hopfully taking my scoot to fuel moto for a slight upgrade, I was going to buy upper and lower rocker boxes, cam cover trans cover and primary all wrinkle black, my question is would it be truly over kill to do lifter tubes, lifter blocks and oil lines flat black which would only leave the high lighted bores, or should I leave well enough alone to give a contrast, I've been actully loosing sleep thinking about it..... Ok I maybe alittle nuts but arnt we all

Old 02-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking about that as well.. and personally the only thing I could picture myself doing with all of those is having them done in the satin chrome to match the stock rocker box covers, but for the life of me i can't picture what those would look like if they were done like that

Old 02-21-2012, 04:24 PM
thomasbr
1st Gear

Wow, took a long time but i finally made it through 586 Pages of posts. Picked up my new 2012 Fat Boy Lo in the Big Blue Pearl. Nice post deployment gift from my wife and myself. Was wanting to see some other bikes like mine in order to get some ideas. I can see this thread and this forum costing me A LOT of money. I will post some pictures on the forum when i get the capability.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:50 PM
bcrdb
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DUB87
Shotgun air ride 2" u front

Wow! Beautiful!

Old 02-21-2012, 04:55 PM
keikanca
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Lo!

Finally took some pictures of my Lo I picked up last month - gave up the Dyna Fat Bob (awesome bike!!!!!!!), but like the Lo sooooooo much better! Anyway, here's mine loaded up for some trips, then stripped back down for daily use. I'm going to get some black covers for the quick detach frame mounts, but for now, love the look, the convenience and the ride. Thanks to everyone for the modification idea's during previois posts - lots of awesome bikes out there!

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-fb.1.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-fb.4.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-fb.2.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-fb.3.jpg  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:57 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Ordered my V&H short shots staggered today can't wait then one more winter mod left saddlebags

Old 02-21-2012, 08:48 PM
CURACAO
Stage I

Originally Posted by James Riley
Now that there looks like a motorsickle!

"Motor" "sick" "ill". Get it? Copyright!!!
What is the hight of the bars?
To change the shift controls do you change the stock rear breake pump?

Old 02-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Sgt_Torque
Road Master

Anyone here replace their floorboards with forward controls /pegs?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners