Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidwruth
Well I just ordered my Mark lV pegs can't wait to get them on the bike to see if I want to keep the chrome or paint them black.
I've kicking around getting them for a while, post some pic when you get them installed, and review if posiable

Old 02-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rednose44, I guess I misspoke. I guess the right phrase is backordered. I was saying released because that's what Keith from Fuel Moto called it. I guess Vance and Hines does the different pipes in batches or something instead of a continuous production line of the various models. I really want to stick with Fuel Moto for the whole order since it seems like everybody is pretty happy with their customer support. Particularly when it comes to fine tuning the bike. Maybe they'll throw in a free sticker or t-shirt for my wait.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:51 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Will do hope I am pleased with them

Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Rednose44, I guess I misspoke. I guess the right phrase is backordered. I was saying released because that's what Keith from Fuel Moto called it. I guess Vance and Hines does the different pipes in batches or something instead of a continuous production line of the various models. I really want to stick with Fuel Moto for the whole order since it seems like everybody is pretty happy with their customer support. Particularly when it comes to fine tuning the bike. Maybe they'll throw in a free sticker or t-shirt for my wait.
Cool, that makes sense. Just trying to help.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Grinchman
Stage IV
Exclamation Converting Detachable Windshield mounting of Auxiliary Lights - Need your help!

Hi guys,
Hope somebody can help me here with some information as I have been getting already loads of good idea from this thread.

I got a Fat Boy Lo 2010 and have mounted since one year #57688-10 (Windshield 21" with black mounting hardware). Got now as a present Auxiliary Light Kit #6800026 but cant fit the windshield with this Light Kit (Apart from the mounting instructions being total crap!). As I found out now there is a new 21" Windshield #57400110 which should fit with the Light Kit. As the shield is the same I would just like to buy the mounting hardware for #57400110. Contact several dealers - all insist of selling a a complete new Windshield for almost 500 Euro (that is around 650 US... would love to have the US prices over here)...

Have seen several LOs here with Auxiliary Lights + Windshield - can anyone point me to a direction where I can get just the Mounting Hardware (preferably with product code)

Thanks!

Old 02-17-2012, 06:58 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

I think you may be able to bend the hardware for your windshield by hand to make it fit. I seem to remember some threads around here of people just rebending the hardware. I'm sure that you aren't the first one to add auxillary lights after buying a regular windshield. Try doing a search of the forum and see what comes up.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Grinchman
Stage IV
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I think you may be able to bend the hardware for your windshield by hand to make it fit. I seem to remember some threads around here of people just rebending the hardware. I'm sure that you aren't the first one to add auxillary lights after buying a regular windshield. Try doing a search of the forum and see what comes up.
Thanks for the prompt reply but no way bending the existing hardware. I am missing almost 5cms (around 2") + the existing bolds and screws are all way to short...

P.S. I thought the same, there should be many having the same problem but could not find anything about it yet in the forum

Old 02-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make a few more posts ( I think you need 5 or 10 to be able to send a private message), then write a message to beasleyiv.. he's got the aux light kit and a windshield and may be able to help you out, or maybe he'll see this post beforehand

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...beasleyiv.html

Old 02-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Grinchman, I did a little searching and using these terms: windshield aux light bar, I think the 5th or 6th thread down might answer your question. From the sounds of it the problem is that the brackets for a detachable windshield that will work with aux lights is a little wider to fit the brackets from the aux lights. So you can make a aux light fitting windshield work on a bike without the lights by using shimms. If you are trying to fit a regular windshield with aux lights you would have to bend the brackets outward (and/or) get longer bolts so you can fit the aux light hardware.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:39 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

How do I post pics on this forum I am using an iPad

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners