Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the new Corbin Gunfighter seat with backrest in today. No time for a ride yet since I ran out of time putting it on. It looks really good though. It would have been a lot faster install but I managed to snap one of the bolts for the front bracket when I was installing it. A quick trip to Lowes for a tap and die and replacement hardware and I finally got the seat on. I've got a 100 mile commute for the rest of this week and next week so that should give me a good idea of how comfortable it's going to be. The backrest seems to be pretty adjustable so it might take a bit to get that really dialed in. Now I just have to wait for my stage 1 and the bike will be done for a while. I took some pictures with my cellphone and they came out kind of crappy so I'll try to get some better ones up tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0233.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0234.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0235.jpg  
Old 02-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I got the new Corbin Gunfighter seat with backrest in today. No time for a ride yet since I ran out of time putting it on. It looks really good though. It would have been a lot faster install but I managed to snap one of the bolts for the front bracket when I was installing it. A quick trip to Lowes for a tap and die and replacement hardware and I finally got the seat on. I've got a 100 mile commute for the rest of this week and next week so that should give me a good idea of how comfortable it's going to be. The backrest seems to be pretty adjustable so it might take a bit to get that really dialed in. Now I just have to wait for my stage 1 and the bike will be done for a while. I took some pictures with my cellphone and they came out kind of crappy so I'll try to get some better ones up tomorrow.
Nice looking seat. Looks as comfy as my Lazy-Boy recliner. Hope you enjoy it.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my *** breathes more easily just looking at it. I've been partial to the Danny Gray Buttcrack Solo seat.. and everyone says it's nice..I just haven't had the gumption to buy one yet.. also, I don't want to lose my current fender bib/luggage rack set up

Old 02-08-2012, 11:00 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
my *** breathes more easily just looking at it. I've been partial to the Danny Gray Buttcrack Solo seat.. and everyone says it's nice..I just haven't had the gumption to buy one yet.. also, I don't want to lose my current fender bib/luggage rack set up
Wait, is that the same with the Bare Bones? I am not home yet, but I bought one of those seats and a solo luggage rack... Are you saying that putting on the Bare Bones will not allow me to use the solo rack or fender bib??? If so, I will be pissed!

Old 02-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I plan on going with the mustang wide vintage solo with backrest and detachable pillion. I sat on one at a rally and it was really comfortable and the OL really liked the pillion too. That way I'll still have the solo around town but comfort for the road trips. A soon as I get my bars installed and paid for that's my next purchase.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:25 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Captain don't be pissed it will all fit. I have a bare bones solo and fender bib and they fit fine.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:03 AM
flstfblo11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Nice! Had a Corbin on my previous bike, you'll love it. I'm still trying to figure out what to get as well. But will have something come Summer! Stock seat sucks.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't find any "dummy instructions" that would show how it actually mounts, but just from the way it looks like it mounts, I'd have to lose the stock bracket that the seat bolts to, and use the single-bolt hole in the fender.. since my luggage rack and fender bib use the dual-bolt stock bracket, i wouldn't be able to use them anymore.. same thing with the 14" touring passenger pillion I have, it uses the stock bolts, which wouldn't be there anymore.

see..single mounting hole..

some more pictures..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DANNY-GRAY-B...-/120845287774

Old 02-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I swore I saw a Buttcrack shortened up in the back to allow the 2 holes.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by serjayson
Captain don't be pissed it will all fit. I have a bare bones solo and fender bib and they fit fine.
Awesome, thanks! So I take it that it uses the two studs on the fender that the stock seat uses?

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 02-09-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners