Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Caseyx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny, I didnt realize how much I missed this thread...

It also motivated me to throw on a bunch of parts that I had laying around for way way too long. First time that I was up past 2am and not drinking Jager in a long while!

Blacked out LED HD tailight, Edge Cut brake lever and pedal, HD layback chrome license plate assy (painted the license plate frame satin black after I sanded through the chrome trying to make it look more like satin) and a HD headlight visor trim ring (chrome for now, will PC once I am find a good time to take off all the other stuff that I want to PC, riding weather is still good down here right now!).

Tonight I'll throw on the Edge Cut stuff for the shift levers, linkage foot pegs and mirrors. Then the black turn signal visor trim rings, finally remove the reflectors off the forks and black out all of the bolts on the bike.

After all of that, I throw on the Shotgun Shock, but like I said before, I'll do that when the weather is worse (if it gets any worse at all) but sometime in Feburary so I can work all of the bugs out before Bike Week in Daytona.

Speaking of, anyone else going to Daytona? I tell ya, I've only talked to one other person face to face who owned a Lo, and every time I see one on the road, it's always going the other direction. All but two looked stock, the others had bars (one w/ apes, the with beach bars).

Old 02-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The postman brought my new derby cover today. I know it's been said before but Story 808 does some great work. The etching went a lot deeper then I thought it would so I'm pretty sure it's going to hold up really well. Easy install of course but if anyone gets a cover done by story make sure you have the right gasket. The cover I got from him needed the rubber style gasket since it was a OEM derby cover. I had both gaskets on hand just in case. I feel kind of proud having something on my bike that nobody else does. That's never been important to me before but it's kind of cool I guess. Casey I'm not sure how you can have parts laying around the house to put on. I put everything on my bike as soon as I can.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0228.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0225.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0226.jpg  
Old 02-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

LOL...I also have my derby cover from Story to put on too...

The problem for me is that my 2nd son was born 8 months ago, my job is 67 miles south of my house and I already put in 60-80 hours a week. I've also been renovating my house, inside and out. Plus a dozen other things...and I do all of my own work, even if I have never done it before. Means a lot more too me that way.

I did tell myself that I couldn't buy anymore parts until I had everything else on. Unless it was a really good deal, or only one left, or umm, if I really wanted it.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Goatman44
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Caseyx
BR did my bars in a denim black...you can see my bars in the pics I posted last night. It's not exact though, at least if you get up really close.

I spoke to a PC here in South Florida and he told me could match it, in fact, my salesman had his whole bike PC'ed flat black and it looked pretty good...
Hey Caseyx, that bike looks great.
It looks like you did the entire front end in Denim (flat black). This is exactly what I am thinking about doing. Do you have anymore pics?

Old 02-04-2012, 06:30 PM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
The postman brought my new derby cover today. I know it's been said before but Story 808 does some great work. The etching went a lot deeper then I thought it would so I'm pretty sure it's going to hold up really well. Easy install of course but if anyone gets a cover done by story make sure you have the right gasket. The cover I got from him needed the rubber style gasket since it was a OEM derby cover. I had both gaskets on hand just in case. I feel kind of proud having something on my bike that nobody else does. That's never been important to me before but it's kind of cool I guess. Casey I'm not sure how you can have parts laying around the house to put on. I put everything on my bike as soon as I can.
Fatbob, that's got to be the most awesome derby cover I've ever seen. I'd be pretty stoked to have a custom piece like that on mine. Granted, I'd crap my pants trying to dispose ordinance, but I might be able to think of some other theme.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:30 PM
bauer4567
Tourer

Just came back in from the garage. The bike has sat for a couple weeks with the new bars mounted. Figured I would finish up the clutch cable switch and get the exhaust back on... Anyway, after trying out the cable that HCC sent with the kit, I had issues with the quality of the cable... simply not near the quality of the factory cable... But more importantly, the threads to go into the clutch release cover are finer than the original cable. I noticed it upon my side x side comparison and just to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me, I tried it on the cover... I don't know what happened to my thread pitch gauge, but I am going to pick one up tomorrow to make sure I am correct...

Anyway, the quality of the cable just wont do... where does everyone get their clutch cables from?

Old 02-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Youngneg
Tourer

magnum.......great cables

Old 02-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Toonz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Well that's one of the things I look for in a car..power, reliability, fuel mileage, and how many dead hookers I can fit in the trunk..
65 Lincoln Continental - Has 3 out of 4 qualifications... I've never been one for fuel milage.

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
The postman brought my new derby cover today as well. I wasn't planning on installing it until I get my wrinkle black primary cover but I'm not sure I can wait that long. Definitely quality work coming out of Hawaii!

Old 02-04-2012, 07:44 PM
bauer4567
Tourer

great choice. they have a great site put together there... hopefully I will have it by next weekend...

I am also pretty unsure about the brake line kit they sent... it is the two fittings and a universal 50" brake line. Anyone have experience with these brake line kits? I dont particularly like the idea of putting together by own brake line... maybe because I have never had to before???

Old 02-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toonz if it's going to be very long before you PC the primary I'd go ahead and put the cover on. It's only a cheap gasket and about ten minutes if you take your time. I went ahead and put mine on my J&S jack so I wouldn't leak any fluid but that's not really required. I plan on doing my primary wrinkle black too eventually. The key word being eventually (who knows).

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners