Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go Army he says to the Marine..oohh man.. on that note, you should do everything Bright Blue. Yeah. Blue Would Look Very Nice.. Just kidding.

What I mean by the denim not matching the engine is that it may just not "flow".. for example...

It's just my opinion, but like putting a gloss black primary cover on a wrinkle black engine.. (only picture i could find after 3 minutes of looking).. the derby cover is the color of the engine..the gloss black isn't..and together they don't look right.. (though most people who have done this also have the gloss black rocker box covers and gloss black clutch cover, and it looks better..like this

I dont know how it would look in a denim, and even in my brain i'm having a hard time picturing it.. Here's an idea.. go get a piece of that artistic poster board paper (i forget the name of it..it's semi-rigid, very smooth and you can paint on it)..and a can of the Krylon semi-flat paint..whichever one is supposed to match the denim kinda nicely, and paint the paper, then use some painters tape and attach it to where ever you want to do your bike..then take a step back from it and see how the colors flow. does that make sense? i do that from time to time because i'd rather spend $3 on a can of spray paint, than however much to have a part done and have it look like poopoo.. i also MS Paint things a lot too

Old 02-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

With the release of the new Softail slim I got to thinking weather or not the new Dash would fit on the Fatboy Lo. I really like the looks of it and would like to put one on my bike. Looking at the exploded view of the Fatboy LO dash and tank it looks possible if the following parts were replaced. I would love to get a hold of the Softail slim parts manual so I do a better comparison of the two. Just a thought.

2012 Softail Slim Dash and Bib
LED INDICATOR LAMP ASSEMBLY
TOP PLATE ASSEMBLY/Fuel Filter bracket.
SPEEDOMETER BACKCLAMP

Name:  hollywood-handlebars-and-cat-eye-console-hd-kf303-a.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  19.2 KB

Last edited by Misbehaven; 02-02-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking at that dash from the other pictures..i really like it too.. i think it's the same one that was on the Crossbones.. the only issue i would see is if the new tank is at all narrower (for the slim look), and therefore have a bigger arch in the back so it can still get 5 gallons in it, so it wouldn't sit flush. but yeah, its pretty.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:42 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Trying to figure out Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 part number for my 2011 Fatboy lo. Trying to make heads or tails on all the different ones there. Do they come with everything needed for installation.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I was looking at that dash from the other pictures..i really like it too.. i think it's the same one that was on the Crossbones.. the only issue i would see is if the new tank is at all narrower (for the slim look), and therefore have a bigger arch in the back so it can still get 5 gallons in it, so it wouldn't sit flush. but yeah, its pretty.
Jim, I think your right about it being the same as the Crossbones dash and the tank is different then ours. I guess that's why I haven't seen it done here yet.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:48 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

I guess I should have said the black ones

Old 02-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by davidwruth
Trying to figure out Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 part number for my 2011 Fatboy lo. Trying to make heads or tails on all the different ones there. Do they come with everything needed for installation.
For your 2011 the numbers for the black Big Radius 2 into 2 are
VH Product ID : 46029*
Parts/Drag ID: 1800-0746*

Old 02-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Goatman44
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great idea.... I would have never thought about Blue!!! Awesome! LOL
On a serious note great idea about the art paper and spray paint. That will definitely happen first thing tomorrow. I am not to good with MSN paint so spray paint it is.
Thanks for the help.
Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Go Army he says to the Marine..oohh man.. on that note, you should do everything Bright Blue. Yeah. Blue Would Look Very Nice.. Just kidding.

What I mean by the denim not matching the engine is that it may just not "flow".. for example...

It's just my opinion, but like putting a gloss black primary cover on a wrinkle black engine.. (only picture i could find after 3 minutes of looking).. the derby cover is the color of the engine..the gloss black isn't..and together they don't look right.. (though most people who have done this also have the gloss black rocker box covers and gloss black clutch cover, and it looks better..like this

I dont know how it would look in a denim, and even in my brain i'm having a hard time picturing it.. Here's an idea.. go get a piece of that artistic poster board paper (i forget the name of it..it's semi-rigid, very smooth and you can paint on it)..and a can of the Krylon semi-flat paint..whichever one is supposed to match the denim kinda nicely, and paint the paper, then use some painters tape and attach it to where ever you want to do your bike..then take a step back from it and see how the colors flow. does that make sense? i do that from time to time because i'd rather spend $3 on a can of spray paint, than however much to have a part done and have it look like poopoo.. i also MS Paint things a lot too

Old 02-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Bonsai
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been lurking on this thread for several weeks after my brother bought a fatboy to replace his blown Goldwing... He suggested I look at Lo's since I'm inseam challenged only slightly less than he is.

This one should soon be parked in my garage...

Name:  VP2470840_10_large-1.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  71.4 KB

Has a lot of items already on it so I should be able to obey the OL's directive to leave this one unscathed...

Old 02-02-2012, 09:21 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutus01
I finally got a chance to post some pics of my latest mods. The pics are kind of crappy since they are from my cell phone. The pics are of my Lindby crash bar, HD LED headlight, bags and Custom Dynamics integrated tail light and front signals. The tail light is just a pic of the running light (brake not activated). Just waiting on my BR bars now. Carlini risers should be here Friday.
Do you happen to have a part number for you front signal kit? I could not find them when I searched their site. Thanks...

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners