Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:17 PM
bauer4567
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedNose44
I have that bib on my Lo. You will have to trim the edges of the clear film on the fender with that bib though because it is not wide enough to cover it completely. I trimmed about an inch off each side.
I have the same one as well (also with the hogrida license plate)... I dont really use mine, but I will throw it on once and a while just to change things up a little bit. I did not remove the film you are talking about just because it was not noticeable enough for me to worry about, and I figured I would keep the protection for when the pillion is on there... Either way, looks great...

Old 01-31-2012, 07:32 PM
Fierofly
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cover up those seat bolts with a Safety Glasses case like this.

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dscn1553.jpg

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dscn1494.jpg

Old 01-31-2012, 09:57 PM
robj510
Stage IV

I just bought a 2010 Fatboy Lo. Looking to change the exhaust and air intake. I used to ride a Road King and a Street Glide which had highway pegs so I will be adding engine guard and highway pegs. I am worried about going with the Heavy Breather.... anyone use their highway pegs with the heavy breather??? Does it get in the way at all?

Any suggestions on exhaust... debating V&H Big Shots Staggered or Short Shorts Staggered. After reading the thread have added Strait Shots to the list. I want a good, loud sound, but do not want to be way too loud.

Thanks for the advice, have enjoyed reading the thread and looking forward to spending all my money!

Old 01-31-2012, 10:09 PM
robj510
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
leave the plastic on.. the fender bib will sit on top of the plastic and hide it like such:

then when you want to put the other seat on, remove the fender bib, and put the seat on...the plastic stays put. no problemo
Sgt Jim what is the plate holder you have here?

Old 01-31-2012, 10:32 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Originally Posted by robj510
I just bought a 2010 Fatboy Lo. Looking to change the exhaust and air intake. I used to ride a Road King and a Street Glide which had highway pegs so I will be adding engine guard and highway pegs. I am worried about going with the Heavy Breather.... anyone use their highway pegs with the heavy breather??? Does it get in the way at all?

Any suggestions on exhaust... debating V&H Big Shots Staggered or Short Shorts Staggered. After reading the thread have added Strait Shots to the list. I want a good, loud sound, but do not want to be way too loud.

Thanks for the advice, have enjoyed reading the thread and looking forward to spending all my money!
I had pegs on my engine guard for awhile but took them off because I didnt use them. I have shorter legs and I can put my heels on the front of the floorboards with straight legs so that works better for me. I also have the big shots staggered and love them. Perfect, deep, throaty sound thats loud but not annoying loud.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
td234
Cruiser

I have spent some time looking at new exhaust systems. Ran across the Vance Hines slip-ons. Was wondering if anyone had an opinion on these. Basically I am just looking for a little better sound than the stock mufflers. I will ride with my wife and am a little concerned that something like the Big Radius 2into2 will be very noise for the passenger.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Angry

i have the 2010 fatboy lo with the black rush slip on mufflers put them on the day i bought the bike they sound nice, i have the 2 inch baffle they do set off car alarms. at the the time vance and hines did not have the slip on mufflers i might of got them. i am still happy with rush.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by robj510
Sgt Jim what is the plate holder you have here?
That's the Kuryakyn Laydown License plate bracket.. they make one as part of their "black" line now too.. though I got the Chrome before they started that.. and with regards to the V&H BSS's.. here's a video of them on my bike..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylGNfEweCeo

Annnd.. if you're interested in them, especially since you have a 2010, and I have a 2010, they ARE for sale because i'm replacing them with a different exhaust. only 1500 miles through them and are in very good shape. Soo..let me know if you're interested and maybe we can haggle something (if those are something you'd choose to go with)

Old 02-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

and btw.. i want to know who owns this one, and why he's not on this forum..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCl2ypKY3r4

Old 02-01-2012, 02:23 PM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

Originally Posted by td234
I have spent some time looking at new exhaust systems. Ran across the Vance Hines slip-ons. Was wondering if anyone had an opinion on these. Basically I am just looking for a little better sound than the stock mufflers. I will ride with my wife and am a little concerned that something like the Big Radius 2into2 will be very noise for the passenger.
My wife doesn't ride a ton, but when she has ridden she didn't complain about my Big Radius 2-2. She said they were definitely louder than stock for the passenger (I rode stock for 9 months) but not obnoxious. It probably helps that the downturn in the pipe directs some of the noise away from the bike.

My opinion was that I'd rather spend more money to do it well the first time than save some money only to regret it and end up doing a full exhaust anyway.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners