Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 03:14 PM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The fenderbib is on there when the jumper is off. If you want the wife or GF to ride the jumper, remove the fenderbib. Takes 2 minutes to swap out. I do it all the time.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:17 PM
td234
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glock221
The fenderbib is on there when the jumper is off. If you want the wife or GF to ride the jumper, remove the fenderbib. Takes 2 minutes to swap out. I do it all the time.
Remove bib, install jumper. And paint will be okay without plastic? Or put some protective layer under jumper?

Old 01-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

leave the plastic on.. the fender bib will sit on top of the plastic and hide it like such:

then when you want to put the other seat on, remove the fender bib, and put the seat on...the plastic stays put. no problemo

Old 01-31-2012, 03:33 PM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sgt Jim,

Where did you get the black hardware for the fenderbib?

Old 01-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Came with the Motherwell Luggage Rack I ordered.. funny story about that.. They (MotherWell) give you two options.. you can buy the luggage rack without the black hardware, or you can pay $12-15 more and get the hardware... I chose the one WITHOUT the hardware, as i figured the stock stuff would be good enough..

..then i go to throw out the box, and i hear something rattling around in the bottom of the box, and low-and-behold..there's a set of the black hardware in there. Lucky me.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:45 PM
td234
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Came with the Motherwell Luggage Rack I ordered.. funny story about that.. They (MotherWell) give you two options.. you can buy the luggage rack without the black hardware, or you can pay $12-15 more and get the hardware... I chose the one WITHOUT the hardware, as i figured the stock stuff would be good enough..

..then i go to throw out the box, and i hear something rattling around in the bottom of the box, and low-and-behold..there's a set of the black hardware in there. Lucky me.
Oh sweet! Suggestions on places to look for bib?.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

If you're gonna keep the Harley seat, then the harley one will work best.. generally seat companies will sell them to match their seats.. i.e Mustang makes one to match Mustang seats (since it's a different mounting style)...

Mustang makes some nice ones though..but off the top of my head, I don't know if you can run a Mustang bib with a Harley seat, just because of the mounting styles, ya know?
TimberWolf Leather makes some good looking ones too, and those look like they would work with the stock seat

http://www.timberwolfleather.com/cat...ENDER-BIBS.htm

basically just type "Harley Fender Bib" in to Google and see what comes up.

edit: Coincidentally..now that i'm looking... I really want this one:
http://www.timberwolfleather.com/ite...-Lo-FLSTFB.htm

haha..so..anyone want to buy a Harley Fender Bib

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 01-31-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:22 PM
td234
Cruiser

If you're gonna keep the Harley seat, then the harley one will work best.. generally seat companies will sell them to match their seats.. i.e Mustang makes one to match Mustang seats (since it's a different mounting style)...

Mustang makes some nice ones though..but off the top of my head, I don't know if you can run a Mustang bib with a Harley seat, just because of the mounting styles, ya know?
TimberWolf Leather makes some good looking ones too, and those look like they would work with the stock seat

http://www.timberwolfleather.com/cat...ENDER-BIBS.htm

basically just type "Harley Fender Bib" in to Google and see what comes up.

Thanks. I have the Timberwolf one on its way. Also ordered the HOGRIDA license plate bracket too. Would like to find the black seat screws. If anyone can find them please post.

Thom

Old 01-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

I took the plastic off and when I use the passenger seat I just leave the HD bib on to protect the paint.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:07 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

I have that bib on my Lo. You will have to trim the edges of the clear film on the fender with that bib though because it is not wide enough to cover it completely. I trimmed about an inch off each side.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners