Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Guys here's a pic of my new derby cover that Story808 did for me. It should be on the way to me tomorrow. Hopefully it will be here by next Monday or so.
Yut. Oorah. Kill babies.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it came out pretty good. I can't wait to see it in person. As far as I now it's the only derby cover with the Marine EOD Buzzard, Bomb, and Pick logo. I thought about going with a standard Senior EOD technician badge but I figured this design would be unique and I won't want to change it when I pick up my Master EOD badge in a couple of years.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:53 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Cool cover bro...

Old 01-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Youngneg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

story808`s the man........does some cool stuff

Old 01-30-2012, 10:52 PM
pafc64
Intermediate

Hi
Oh well its a mute point now as the F****N thing broke at the bottom bango so Im gunna have to get a new longer one made & ride it 450kms with not much front brake.
Which makes Me ask if the line is bled properly after its installed will the brakes still work OK without the ABS being reset,I realise the ABS wont work.
I haven't had to replace any of the other cables either it was only the brakeline that was too short hence it snapping at its weakest point.

Cheers
Rick

Old 01-31-2012, 07:49 AM
CV350
Intermediate

Rick Is the part you are after the standard line (but just longer) or one of the special series? I have street slammers also on my ABS fatboy and have had the black diamond lower brake line on back order since I got my bike 4 months ago here in Thailand. They havent said its not on the HD parts list anymore but maybe I need to recheck.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:22 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by pafc64
Hi
Oh well its a mute point now as the F****N thing broke at the bottom bango so Im gunna have to get a new longer one made & ride it 450kms with not much front brake.
Which makes Me ask if the line is bled properly after its installed will the brakes still work OK without the ABS being reset,I realise the ABS wont work.
I haven't had to replace any of the other cables either it was only the brakeline that was too short hence it snapping at its weakest point.

Cheers
Rick
I got tired of looking for an upper ABS Brake line so I just ordered the upper from a 2012 it worked for me going with the new 2012 bars.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:28 PM
td234
Cruiser

Hi.

New to this forum and new Harley owner. Just got my 2012 FLSTFB in Denim. My 49 birthday present from my wife. Can't tell you have excited I am.

I would appreciate a little info from some of you experts.

I took off the jumper seat (not sure what the official name is) and noticed there is a thick plastic protection film on the fender. Many of the bikes in these pictures do not have this. Is there any reason to keep it and how do easily does it come off? Does it leave a residue?

Secondly, I want to improve the sound a little and was considering some VH 2 into 2 pipes. From reading here it seems this will not hurt my warranty and will not affect the need to adjust the engine. As a next step I was going to change out the air intake and have the engine mix adjusted. I would suspect that I might need that done by HD to keep warranty intact. Is this true too? Figure the pipes will be easy and fun to do myself and save me a bundle over having HD do the whole stage 1.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thom

Old 01-31-2012, 02:37 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jumper seat..i like that.. except when the girl tries to jump off.. much easier to keep them in the trunk..i mean..what?

Anyways..No, you don't need that plastic film on there, it's just there to protect the fender from the seat rubbing on it, but if you take the seat off, then there's nothing for it to rub on, right? You could also find yourself a fender bib that'll cover it up, so you can leave the film on there.. it won't have any residue that isn't already easy to get off with a little scrubbin'..

Anywho.. Warranty's... Nothing you put on your bike will void your warranty UNLESS that item is responsible for something going wrong..
Will Not Void: Installing a Power Commander V to use as a fuel tuner, the fuel pump goes bad because you have a bad fuel pump

Will Void: Installing a Power Commander V that's programmed wrong and causes the fuel system to say "FU DUDE" and kills the bike..

..follow?

Correct that changing exhaust will not require a fuel tuner, correct that installing a new intake will. Put whatever you want on your bike and you'll be fine, as long as you do it right and those items don't make the bike explode in to a thousand tiny pieces. Which would require duct tape. and WD-40.

Also, be sure to shop around, there's more than just V&H (I just took a set of Big Shot Staggered Black's off from my 2010, and am replacing with another modified set of V&H pipes..so i'm not anti-V&H at all).. but some other company may have something else that you like better, and for a better price.. Samson, D&D, Rush, Rineharts, LA Choppers, etc etc etc..

I've really gotta sell those BSS's sometime soon.. but for someone with a 2012 model, you'd have to buy O2 Adapters to get the correct sensor fit..

..Jumper seat..i like that..

Old 01-31-2012, 03:09 PM
td234
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Jumper seat..i like that.. except when the girl tries to jump off.. much easier to keep them in the trunk..i mean..what?

Anyways..No, you don't need that plastic film on there, it's just there to protect the fender from the seat rubbing on it, but if you take the seat off, then there's nothing for it to rub on, right? You could also find yourself a fender bib that'll cover it up, so you can leave the film on there.. it won't have any residue that isn't already easy to get off with a little scrubbin'..

Anywho.. Warranty's... Nothing you put on your bike will void your warranty UNLESS that item is responsible for something going wrong..
Will Not Void: Installing a Power Commander V to use as a fuel tuner, the fuel pump goes bad because you have a bad fuel pump

Will Void: Installing a Power Commander V that's programmed wrong and causes the fuel system to say "FU DUDE" and kills the bike..

..follow?

Correct that changing exhaust will not require a fuel tuner, correct that installing a new intake will. Put whatever you want on your bike and you'll be fine, as long as you do it right and those items don't make the bike explode in to a thousand tiny pieces. Which would require duct tape. and WD-40.

Also, be sure to shop around, there's more than just V&H (I just took a set of Big Shot Staggered Black's off from my 2010, and am replacing with another modified set of V&H pipes..so i'm not anti-V&H at all).. but some other company may have something else that you like better, and for a better price.. Samson, D&D, Rush, Rineharts, LA Choppers, etc etc etc..

I've really gotta sell those BSS's sometime soon.. but for someone with a 2012 model, you'd have to buy O2 Adapters to get the correct sensor fit..

..Jumper seat..i like that..
Thanks Sgt_Jim.

If I plan on using the "jumper" seat should I leave it on, or should I put something on the belly of the "jumper"? Or if I got a fender bib, would I leaf that on and put the "jumper" over it? Sorry, I'm quite a newbie.

Thanks for the suggestion on the pipes. Will check them out.

Thom

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners