Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRedFan74
Im with you Misbehaven. We have the same setup but I figured that Im not looking back when I ride.

Ive noticed on my bike when I bought it that it has a string of weights on the front and back on both sides! Anyone else have this. The ride seems rough like Im bouncing hard up and down. No wobble tho
I had a few weights on mine but not what I would consider a string.
I removed all the weights and went with the Dyna Beads for balancing out the tires. I have used them for years on my Semi Truck,Car and Bike tires. Well worth the $16 for the bike. There have been several topics on them if you do a search you will find that everyone who uses them are happy. Here is a link if your interested. http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Dyna-Beads_c20.htm

Old 01-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Yea, the King/Queen seat will only be for when I am riding 2 up; I have the Bare Bones and a rack (or fender bib, whatever I am in the mood for). The price of the seat is not bad at all ($300 MSRP) and I am getting about double what I thought I was getting for a tax refund (gotta love being deployed and making non-taxable money). I do agree, that passenger pillion is pretty damn ugly, so I think I am going to go this route.

I'll post over in the photoshop section and see if someone can do it for me, unless someone on here can do it. I've got a few pics that I think would work great, so just let me know.
How do you like your Bare Bones seat? Did you get the gel insert? I was just wondering because I have been kicking around the notion of getting one made. Now that the wife has her own bike.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got a 2012 Lo with 6 weights on each side of the rear rim.
The front rim doesn't have a single weight on it! Even after a new tire!
The dealer said he has seen a few that never need weights.
The old one had exactly 1003mi. on it.
I brought it in for the 1000 maintenance and complained about wobble on decelleration from 45-40mph. After a week they finally admitted that the front Dunlop D407 was defective and cupped even though they said they could not see the cupping upon visual inspection. They gave me a new D408 which is the new replacement for the D407's.
After reasearching the wobble thing online I found out that
Harley knows of this problem and sent out a dealer bulletin a few years ago to only replace them if the problem is complained about.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:13 PM
teddystrick
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFLSTFB
How many of us out there now? Post recent pics of your ride.

Here's mine

Sick!!! where did you get that bag?

Old 01-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anybody tried to use the touch up paint for their denim black Lo? I've managed to get a few scratches on the bike, mostly on the back fender and I'm thinking about trying to touch them up a little. Of course not messing with them might be the better option since they aren't that bad. I can't even see them right now since the Lo is all dirty from a couple of rides in the rain.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:20 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
How do you like your Bare Bones seat? Did you get the gel insert? I was just wondering because I have been kicking around the notion of getting one made. Now that the wife has her own bike.
I actually have not put it on or actually seen it in person yet... I am deployed and I am pretty much just stockpiling stuff at the house for when I get back (bare bones seat, grips, pegs, coil & horn relocation, PCV, new AC, sissy bar, more stuff I can't think of, and maybe soon that King/QUeen seat for 2-up riding). But I got the normal one without the gel. Most of my riding 5 days out of the week is to and from work which is only about a 10-15 minute ride so I figured I would not need the gel. And I was wanting to go the cheapest route I could...

What's funny is that every time I get something in, my wife decides she absolutely has to to wrap it so I can have Christmas when I get home (she is pretty upset that this is the 3rd year in a row that I have been deployed over Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years so we have yet to spend Christmas together since we got married ) even though I already know what I got...

Another question about the King/Queen seat: If the dealership does not have one in stock and has to order it in, do you think they would let me fit it to the bike, test it out and then let me decided then if I wanted to buy it? O will they pull the ol' "you requested it, you buy it"?

I am really not yet sold on the look... I am definitely no photoshopper, but I do have MS Paint and I was REALLY bored at about 3 AM... This pic might give you the general idea (I think the actuall seat will be a bit thinner and lower profile), what do you think?

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-king-queen-seat.jpg  
Old 01-27-2012, 02:48 AM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Honestly I think u need to look at the mustang seats and lots of others before u pull the
trigger on the HD K/Q seat. I
know u are considering the 2 up riding implications but I think
ur money can be better Spent if u look at other options. Last fall, I sat on a mustang wide vintage solo with rider backrest and pillion and I loved it as well as my girl. She thought it was the greatest so my point is if u are going to spend a certain amount for that for both of u why not wait or do it now and spend a little more for the best I can get. That mustang I sat on was unbelievable and that doesn't mean I am taking anything away from C&C or any of the other sponsors here but my thought is do it once and do it right. I will buy one for myself and my girl before the next rally.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Firemed509
Tourer

Originally Posted by Brutus01
Honestly I think u need to look at the mustang seats and lots of others before u pull the
trigger on the HD K/Q seat. I
know u are considering the 2 up riding implications but I think
ur money can be better Spent if u look at other options. Last fall, I sat on a mustang wide vintage solo with rider backrest and pillion and I loved it as well as my girl. She thought it was the greatest so my point is if u are going to spend a certain amount for that for both of u why not wait or do it now and spend a little more for the best I can get. That mustang I sat on was unbelievable and that doesn't mean I am taking anything away from C&C or any of the other sponsors here but my thought is do it once and do it right. I will buy one for myself and my girl before the next rally.
I agree, I pulled the trigger on a Corbin Classic Solo with a riders backrest and pillion. Yes it was expensive but it is the most comfortable seat I have ever sat on. My wife feels the same.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Firemed509
I agree, I pulled the trigger on a Corbin Classic Solo with a riders backrest and pillion. Yes it was expensive but it is the most comfortable seat I have ever sat on. My wife feels the same.
Do you have any pics of it on your bike?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Firemed509
Tourer

Jester, Here are a few pics. They are not the best because they are from my phone.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-photo-1.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-photo-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners