Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 07:54 PM
eddie57
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DaveFLSTB that bike is AWESOME!!! Man that is exactly what I am looking for.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:57 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

So, quick question: what do you guys think about the King/Queen seat? I am seriously thinking about picking one up for 2-up riding.

I bought the Bare Bones for solo riding and my wife HATES the stock passenger pillion AND I have the FXSTC one piece sissy bar this seat was made for (just like the original, DaveFLSTFB) so this seat would work perfectly. Then I would probably end up selling the stock seat. What do you think? I personally think it would give it a nice, retro look, which is kinda what I am going for anyways.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-mytrain.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-harley-davidson-teile-retro-king-queen-sitz-fuer-softail-modelle.jpg  
Old 01-26-2012, 01:42 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
So, quick question: what do you guys think about the King/Queen seat? I am seriously thinking about picking one up for 2-up riding.

I bought the Bare Bones for solo riding and my wife HATES the stock passenger pillion AND I have the FXSTC one piece sissy bar this seat was made for (just like the original, DaveFLSTFB) so this seat would work perfectly. Then I would probably end up selling the stock seat. What do you think? I personally think it would give it a nice, retro look, which is kinda what I am going for anyways.
Not for me, but that doesn't really matter. Do what you think is cool and makes you happy. At one time I was looking at the C&C suction cup pillion but then decided I just wouldn't have passengers. I guess some guys have used the standard FB pillion, which is bigger and works with the stock FLB seat (I guess).

About the PCV mount, you'll find the instructions in the box but in case you want them in color, here ya go PCV Softail Install I guess my memory is a bit fuzzy. They show just moving the stock ECM up on the fender to make room for the piggyback plug.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:27 AM
82fat
Novice

Looking to upgrade to the gloss black lower fork legs. For those of you that have, did you replace the flat black portion (cow bells maybe?) that comes stock? If so, did you have to buy the whole gloss black upper kit or can you just purchase the parts that need to be replaced?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 82fat
Looking to upgrade to the gloss black lower fork legs. For those of you that have, did you replace the flat black portion (cow bells maybe?) that comes stock? If so, did you have to buy the whole gloss black upper kit or can you just purchase the parts that need to be replaced?
Had the whole thing powdercoated.. cowbells and all. If you're replacing the lowers, you have to disassemble the forks anyways, and if you're in the slightest bit mechanically inclined, you can do it yourself.. also saved about $600 doing it that way.. Just food for thought if you're able to do it..

And I've always like the King/Queen seat..but only with a passenger..without someone filling the Queen seat, it just looks kinda depressing.. (unless you're planning on bringing someone home from where ever you're doing ).. I got one of the 14" touring passenger pillions from another user (we swapped passenger seats a few months ago).. I only mounted it once to see how it looked, and boy is it ugly. But i sat on it (while the bike was on the kickstand of course) and it sure is comfy.. but mannn is it ugly. ..idk, maybe someone can photoshop the K/Q seat on to an image for you to see how it looks

Old 01-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Had the whole thing powdercoated.. cowbells and all. If you're replacing the lowers, you have to disassemble the forks anyways, and if you're in the slightest bit mechanically inclined, you can do it yourself.. also saved about $600 doing it that way.. Just food for thought if you're able to do it..

And I've always like the King/Queen seat..but only with a passenger..without someone filling the Queen seat, it just looks kinda depressing.. (unless you're planning on bringing someone home from where ever you're doing ).. I got one of the 14" touring passenger pillions from another user (we swapped passenger seats a few months ago).. I only mounted it once to see how it looked, and boy is it ugly. But i sat on it (while the bike was on the kickstand of course) and it sure is comfy.. but mannn is it ugly. ..idk, maybe someone can photoshop the K/Q seat on to an image for you to see how it looks
Have to agree that the wide touring pillion is ugly but the wife sure likes it for comfort. She has her own bike now so I don't have to deal with switching out seats and back rest.
Name:  newseat3.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  64.1 KB
Name:  newseat1.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  70.6 KB

Old 01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by 82fat
I did the gloss black sliders and gloss black upper fork covers (That was Harley's teminoligy) and did not have to buy the three pieces that go around the headlight area.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:08 AM
BigRedFan74
Novice

Im with you Misbehaven. We have the same setup but I figured that Im not looking back when I ride.

Ive noticed on my bike when I bought it that it has a string of weights on the front and back on both sides! Anyone else have this. The ride seems rough like Im bouncing hard up and down. No wobble tho

Old 01-26-2012, 12:25 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Yea, the King/Queen seat will only be for when I am riding 2 up; I have the Bare Bones and a rack (or fender bib, whatever I am in the mood for). The price of the seat is not bad at all ($300 MSRP) and I am getting about double what I thought I was getting for a tax refund (gotta love being deployed and making non-taxable money). I do agree, that passenger pillion is pretty damn ugly, so I think I am going to go this route.

I'll post over in the photoshop section and see if someone can do it for me, unless someone on here can do it. I've got a few pics that I think would work great, so just let me know.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:35 PM
82fat
Novice

@ Sgt Jim,

Does the gloss black PC match up nicely with the headlight and rest of the fork?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners