Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:51 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad *** lookin bike Aaron! I can't tell from the pics, but are those the wrinkle black engine covers or denim black?

And same here RedNose, I have a TON of stuff going to the coaters when I get back and the bike above helps me kinda see what I want to do.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:51 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Edit: Double post.

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 01-24-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Aaronr6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Bad *** lookin bike Aaron! I can't tell from the pics, but are those the wrinkle black engine covers or denim black?

And same here RedNose, I have a TON of stuff going to the coaters when I get back and the bike above helps me kinda see what I want to do.
Thanks man. Love the bike/money pit (other than being a little cramped) They are the wrinkle finish covers.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:00 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Aaronr6
Thanks man. Love the bike/money pit (other than being a little cramped) They are the wrinkle finish covers.
If you are cramped, kick your apes forward. It makes a hell of a difference; I can already see you are going for forward controls, that will help too.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:03 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Dave, I was running a C&C solo with the PCV and had no issues. In fact, I had the AT modules under there as well. There is more room under my C&C than there was under the stock seat. Don't know on the newer bikes, but on mine there is a little recessed area on the battery between the terminals up by where all the frame grounds are (where the backbone starts) and the PCV tucked right in there. Pretty much made it flush with the top of the battery. Just have to get creative with the wire routing. What's more difficult is where it plugs into the ECM. DJ wants you to turn the ECM sideways and velcro it on so you have room for the extra ECM plug and wiring. There are some posts on here somewhere about that, you'll want to find them when you get home and get to work on the scoot.
Thanks Bill! That helps ease my mind a little. I will check up on those posts for re-mounting the ECM and hooking the PCV up. I definitely want there to be plenty of space. So I will have to pick up some double sided tape or some velcro with an adhesive backing, correct?

Old 01-25-2012, 09:49 AM
2012Fatso
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Aaronr6
Bought a new to me Fatboy Lo, and pretty much emptied my bank account on it. Its still a work in progress. Seat, forward controls, bags...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
what license plate bracket is that? Id like to see a photo from the back.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Aaronr6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2012Fatso
what license plate bracket is that? Id like to see a photo from the back.
Got it from V-Twin. I think I believe its called LED Diamond. It came chrome, so I had it powdercoated. I got a can of that lens tint stuff and sprayed the lenses black. Kinda ghetto but it was worth a shot.

Name:  IMG_3765.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  68.7 KB

Name:  IMG_3766.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  64.2 KB

Old 01-25-2012, 12:14 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Thanks Bill! That helps ease my mind a little. I will check up on those posts for re-mounting the ECM and hooking the PCV up. I definitely want there to be plenty of space. So I will have to pick up some double sided tape or some velcro with an adhesive backing, correct?
Yeah, just run by the store and get some 3M velcro. A small roll will do. You don't have to follow DJ's directions exactly, just have to do what works.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Yeah, just run by the store and get some 3M velcro. A small roll will do. You don't have to follow DJ's directions exactly, just have to do what works.
Fuelmoto also has a good set of instructions for the PCV and the Auto tune add on. Here is a link. That is how I mounted my PCV. BTW you won't have much of space under there when done.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:44 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Fuelmoto also has a good set of instructions for the PCV and the Auto tune add on. Here is a link. That is how I mounted my PCV. BTW you won't have much of space under there when done.
hell, you should try it on a Crossbones with the stock seat and frame cover set up. You got to cut all kinds of crap....

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners