Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:42 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I did mine last year, they come right off when the handlebars and stuff are off (obviously), just unscrew that center cap, and it comes right now.. I made a PVC spacer (like an inch and a quarter tall, i dont recall exactly), and then screwed the cap back on to hold the bearings and everything in place, no issues

This was exactly the answer I was looking for, thanks Jim!

Old 01-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It wasn't that cap though, i had just woken up when i typed that and i'm kind of hung over. good times. anyways, same thing applies.. just use the bolt that's under that cap to pinch the spacer in to place and everything will be fine. No sweat.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:03 PM
the jacobite
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello again from sunny Scotland, (i wish) I have a couple of queries i hope you guys can help me with.
1st.
Has anybody fitted a set of street slammer bars to there 2012 low, and if so what cables did you have to replace? The local dealer does not replace any on a standard fat boy but suspect the lows cable's are to short! plus the ABS cable is on back order
2nd
I have a digital oil pressure gauge for the bike , but was thinking it might be cool to fit an old style pressure gauge instead, anyone fitted either of them, any opinions on which looks/compliments the bike best.

The mods so far mostly inspired by this forum!!
Stage 1 fitted, with Vance and hines long shots.
Sundowner seat.
willie gee skull levers.
buckshot mirrors
edge cut shift and brake foot controls
quick release screen and sissy bar
smoked lenses with silver bulbs
oh and all reflectors removed
Will post pictures when the weather allows!

Old 01-23-2012, 07:08 AM
Evil Ed
Stage I

Long time follower....first time post...lots of kick a$$ Lo's...only mods I have now on my 2010 Lo are the samson legendary street sweepers...looking to add a few more mods...thanks for all pics and ideas....ride safe...

Old 01-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by the jacobite
1st.
Has anybody fitted a set of street slammer bars to there 2012 low, and if so what cables did you have to replace? The local dealer does not replace any on a standard fat boy but suspect the lows cable's are to short! plus the ABS cable is on back order
2nd
I have a digital oil pressure gauge for the bike , but was thinking it might be cool to fit an old style pressure gauge instead, anyone fitted either of them, any opinions on which looks/compliments the bike best.
Another damn Scot.. geez you people are multiplying like Irishmen. jk Anyways, I can only talk about my 2010 Lo, but when I put the streetslammers on, i only had to replace the front brake line.. I imagine the length of the cables would be the same.. though I may be wrong because they changed the bars for the 2012's.. there's a pdf on harley's website that will tell you the length of the cables you need for any of HD's bars. google it up And for an opinion, i'd need to see pictures or sites of what you're talking about personally..

Old 01-23-2012, 04:32 PM
the jacobite
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Another damn Scot.. geez you people are multiplying like Irishmen. jk Anyways, I can only talk about my 2010 Lo, but when I put the streetslammers on, i only had to replace the front brake line.. I imagine the length of the cables would be the same.. though I may be wrong because they changed the bars for the 2012's.. there's a pdf on harley's website that will tell you the length of the cables you need for any of HD's bars. google it up And for an opinion, i'd need to see pictures or sites of what you're talking about personally..
Its the weather jim, these cold wet night's there is not a lot else to do!
As for the cables, the dealer is unsure if they have changed them for the 2012 low, the wed site did say new cables were required at a cost of over £500

Old 01-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...quirements.pdf

that's the PDF i was referring to, and the street slammers are on page 13 of the pdf (815 by the page number in the top right corner).. generally stock handlebars are the same length with regards for cables..which is measured (if i remember correctly) from the width of the bar, and the height of the riser).. if that's the case, then you should be able to get away with just replacing the top and bottom ABS brake line.. i mean the pdf says 2010-later FLSTFB.. i'd try to find the length of the current stock clutch and wiring cables and compare them to the length of the 2011's and 2010's..(the dealer should be able to look that up in a heartbeat), if they're the same, you're good

Old 01-24-2012, 12:32 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
I'm wondering the same thing. I picked up the Bare bones seat and a PCV (thanks Beasley!) and I am hoping this will not cause me problems.
Dave, I was running a C&C solo with the PCV and had no issues. In fact, I had the AT modules under there as well. There is more room under my C&C than there was under the stock seat. Don't know on the newer bikes, but on mine there is a little recessed area on the battery between the terminals up by where all the frame grounds are (where the backbone starts) and the PCV tucked right in there. Pretty much made it flush with the top of the battery. Just have to get creative with the wire routing. What's more difficult is where it plugs into the ECM. DJ wants you to turn the ECM sideways and velcro it on so you have room for the extra ECM plug and wiring. There are some posts on here somewhere about that, you'll want to find them when you get home and get to work on the scoot.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Aaronr6
Intermediate

Bought a new to me Fatboy Lo, and pretty much emptied my bank account on it. Its still a work in progress. Seat, forward controls, bags...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-24-2012, 02:17 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Nice bike and pics. I am blacking my bike out right now, and getting ready to make another trip to the powder coaters. The black stuff on your bike gives me a good idea of how different pieces look black.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners