Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Has anyone had any issues with aftermarket seats fitting on their 2011 Fatboy LO with having a Power commander V installed.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Fierofly
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody raised their Tank, If so how high?

Old 01-21-2012, 05:00 PM
bauer4567
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well. In the middle of my bar swap. At this point, I will call some people out on here who claim it is "really simple" or "its easy, just DIY". haha... It is not hard I guess, just a PIA!! I have done each of the individual tasks (brakes, throttle/idle, exhaust removal / install, clutch cable, misc wiring, and changed handlebars.) The difference here is that ALL the cables and wires needed to be changed... so like I said... it is NOT hard... Just time consuming! All the little annoying tasks add up to a lengthy process!

So here are the bars mounted up, wiring done, throttle/idle done. Tomorrow I will run out to lowes to get a new 27 torx driver, and the threaded rod for mounting up the front turn signals. I ordered the gaskets for exhaust and intake and some o rings around the breather plugs which needed replacement, and they should be here in a week. I will take my time doing the rest of the work, but should be done by next weekend...

Name:  inst3.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  95.9 KB

Name:  inst2.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  105.0 KB

Name:  inst1.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  109.2 KB

I put the seat on for a minute to see how it felt... It feels great right now, cant wait for this white stuff to go away....

Old 01-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Oh those are some damn fine bars. Every time i see apes with a pull back like that it makes me want to change mine out from the StreetSlammers.. maybe next year though

Old 01-21-2012, 05:58 PM
bauer4567
Tourer

Thanks.

Quick question. Took a quick look at the front brake line, as that will probably one of the things I do tomorrow. I thought it was a spline bolt head at the master cylinder and caliper... A quick search to find the size of the spline bolt head, and Im seeing that people are using a 12 point 10mm socket. I dont believe this is correct. Anyone have the size of these bolts?

Old 01-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Youngneg
Tourer

Here are some updated pics.............WANTED.....ABS cables for a 2011 Fatboy lo

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-webbarsinstall2.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-webbarsinstall.jpg  

Last edited by Youngneg; 01-21-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:46 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bauer4567
Thanks.

Quick question. Took a quick look at the front brake line, as that will probably one of the things I do tomorrow. I thought it was a spline bolt head at the master cylinder and caliper... A quick search to find the size of the spline bolt head, and Im seeing that people are using a 12 point 10mm socket. I dont believe this is correct. Anyone have the size of these bolts?
Yeah, using a 12 point metric of the right size will get them off and on again. Might not be totally right, but it works. I've done it this way a number of times with no issues. YMMV

Old 01-22-2012, 04:50 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Has anyone had any issues with aftermarket seats fitting on their 2011 Fatboy LO with having a Power commander V installed.
I'm wondering the same thing. I picked up the Bare bones seat and a PCV (thanks Beasley!) and I am hoping this will not cause me problems.

Originally Posted by Youngneg
Here are some updated pics.............WANTED.....ABS cables for a 2011 Fatboy lo
Those bars look bad ***! Did you PC the top of your forks? If so, what does it take to take them apart? Is it alot of work, do you have to repack the bearings, or did the dealership do it? I am thinking of PCing (or spray painting) the top of my forks and stock risers Denim Black because I HATE that little bit of chrome that no longer matches anything on the bike except for that damn oil cap and the chrome oil lines.

On the engine, that little bit of chrome is ok, I actually kinda like it, but those damn risers and the top of the fork will be staring me in the face every time I get on the bike once I get everything done up and put together in April. I think the Denim Black on those will make a nice contrast from the Gloss Black on the forks and bars AND they won't cause any glare

Old 01-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Did you PC the top of your forks? If so, what does it take to take them apart? Is it alot of work, do you have to repack the bearings, or did the dealership do it? I am thinking of PCing (or spray painting) the top of my forks and stock risers Denim Black because I HATE that little bit of chrome that no longer matches anything on the bike except for that damn oil cap and the chrome oil lines.
I did mine last year, they come right off when the handlebars and stuff are off (obviously), just unscrew that center cap, and it comes right now.. I made a PVC spacer (like an inch and a quarter tall, i dont recall exactly), and then screwed the cap back on to hold the bearings and everything in place, no issues

Old 01-22-2012, 09:00 AM
BigRedFan74
Novice

Thanks Fatbob. Not sure if that answers the question. I understand that clutch can be burnt out or almost unusable when riding in parades/rallys. That was what I was referring to. Maybe next time Ill be a little more precise! Lol. Forgive me, still a nube to Harley

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners