Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 09:15 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by glock221
I have the 16 Harley Apes on now. I ordered Carlini 14 Gangster apes and held them up, they will be the same height as the Harley ones. It is at the dealer getting the Carlinis on now. I had to order better Bushings, as I forgot to order them.
Thanks for the info bro. I am going to call Carlini and get an actual measurment so I can compare to the fatBoy at the dealer.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:51 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Well at least your riding while some of us are looking out at wet frozen salty streets until April.
And also while some of us are deployed until April...

Old 01-15-2012, 11:15 PM
pafc64
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
And also while some of us are deployed until April...
Also some of us are in Sunny Australia its 36c today.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:42 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by pafc64
Also some of us are in Sunny Australia its 36c today.
Ok, so I am definitely jealous. AND you guys get all of the cool cars we don't get here too! I am pretty sure I would kill someone in order to be able to get my hands on a Holden HSV Maloo R8 or even a Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst Edition...

Old 01-16-2012, 02:04 AM
pafc64
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Ok, so I am definitely jealous. AND you guys get all of the cool cars we don't get here too! I am pretty sure I would kill someone in order to be able to get my hands on a Holden HSV Maloo R8 or even a Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst Edition...
Nice Car choice Mate but Id rather one of those Mustangs or Camaros you blokes have got & dont be too jealous I'm working for the rest of the week 12hr shifts so I wont be riding until Saturday at the earliest

Cheers
Rick

Old 01-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pafc64
Nice Car choice Mate but Id rather one of those Mustangs or Camaros you blokes have got & dont be too jealous I'm working for the rest of the week 12hr shifts so I wont be riding until Saturday at the earliest

Cheers
Rick
I'd take the Maloo all day long. The only 2 channels i watch on US television are Comedy Central and BBC America..Particularly Top Gear.. and often enough they have the Maloo or the VXR8 on it.. gorgeous vehicles.. though the VXR8 is just a similar-designed Pontiac G6 with the Corvette LS3 Supercharged V8.. The new Camaro has horrible handling and a bad interior (in my opinion).. most new american muscle cars do.. its a way to keep the price down.

Moreso than the Vauxhall's.. i'd sooner take some of them Australian women. :-D

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 01-16-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:43 AM
bauer4567
Tourer

So I just got in touch with Hill Country Customs. Like I mentioned earlier, I remember the conversation when I ordered the bars about the knurling. Anyhow, they told me now that NOONE makes a true 1 1/4" bar (1 1/4" at the risers), with knurling because the extra surface area eliminates the need for knurling... Now, I know this not to be completely true from my searchings online, but anyway, I called out to LA Choppers. LA Choppers also said that the 1 1/4" bars with 1" riser area HAVE the knurling, but the true 1 1/4" bars do NOT have knurling as it is not necessary.

Anyone here have experience with 1 1/4" apes around here? My thoughts are this... I mount them up with the stock risers. If I have a problem with slippage, I can change out the risers for a riser set with more surface area, like a full top clamp... I am now being told by two different places that the 1 1/4" bars do not need the knurling...

Old 01-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Fierofly
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bauer4567
So I just got in touch with Hill Country Customs. Like I mentioned earlier, I remember the conversation when I ordered the bars about the knurling. Anyhow, they told me now that NOONE makes a true 1 1/4" bar (1 1/4" at the risers), with knurling because the extra surface area eliminates the need for knurling... Now, I know this not to be completely true from my searchings online, but anyway, I called out to LA Choppers. LA Choppers also said that the 1 1/4" bars with 1" riser area HAVE the knurling, but the true 1 1/4" bars do NOT have knurling as it is not necessary.

Anyone here have experience with 1 1/4" apes around here? My thoughts are this... I mount them up with the stock risers. If I have a problem with slippage, I can change out the risers for a riser set with more surface area, like a full top clamp... I am now being told by two different places that the 1 1/4" bars do not need the knurling...
Think of some kind of fancy Machine screw and drill and tap through the bar and risers?

Old 01-16-2012, 11:26 AM
bauer4567
Tourer

Originally Posted by Fierofly
Think of some kind of fancy Machine screw and drill and tap through the bar and risers?
Thought about that... That is something I would have to do after I ride with the bars in place for a while anyway, to make sure I like the angle they are at... If I find that they are not slipping and I am confident without it, then I wont even worry about it... Otherwise, yes, this is a great way to guarantee no slippage. I will see how it plays out!

Old 01-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Ok, all this talk about people riding with warmer weather got to me, went for a scoot to my sons karate class, just a nice 34 deg ride

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners