Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Fatboylorider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-1308453289156.jpg  
Old 01-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Toonz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bauer4567
I like the one from D2moto. Easy to install. I am not utilizing the built in turn signals. It is not as bright as the "brightasslights" setup... I have been considering switching to the BAL, just due to the brightness and flash patterns it offers... Get what ya pay for though... $250 or $80...
Any reason you're not using the built in turn signals? I just ordered it today specifically for the built in turn signals so I can remove the factory bullets.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:43 PM
bauer4567
Tourer

Nope. No reason. Just installed it during the season, and didnt feel like getting into the cutting, splicing, and hassle right then... Also did not yet order the load resistors.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Firemed509
Tourer

Originally Posted by Toonz
Has anyone with an '11 or '12 model done the flush mount fuel gauge yet? I am trying to disconnect the fuel gauge and it looks like the connection is WAY up under the tank. I can't reach under there at the moment since I just got home and the motor is hot. Do I need to move the tank back to get to it? Is the connection the same as the '10 model? Any info is appreciated (as I go look for a service manual to buy). Thanks!
Toonz, I Have a 2010 and I was able to reach the connection without doing anything to the tank.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:06 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Damn, I was expecting the dealer download to be closer to $100. So from what you guys are saying, if I plan on doing the AC ($200), I will have to go ahead and get a tuner (PCV or Power Vision ~$400)? So I am easily looking at $600 just for that one mod? That kinda hurts. I don't know if I can swing that one this year unless I cut out some other things I was planning, which is unlikely because the AC was kinda low priority compared to the others.

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 01-15-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboylorider
Almost done!!!.......Had the SE 103" kit done with SE-254e cams and a TTS Master Tune.........Now she gets up and go's!!!!!:icon_headb ang:: icon_headbang::icon_ headbang::icon_headb ang:
Ya awesome low end torque!!! I frikin luv the 0-100 in a flash. Best $$ spent on my bike so far until I get to ride the shotguns this spring. Solid set up man. Btw bike looks great also.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Damn, I was expecting the dealer download to be closer to $100. So from what you guys are saying, if I plan on doing the AC ($200), I will have to go ahead and get a tuner (PCV or Power Vision ~$400)? So I am easily looking at $600 just for that one mod? That kinda hurts. I don't know if I can swing that one this year unless I cut out some other things I was planning, which is unlikely because the AC was kinda low priority compared to the others.
Ask Drew bud..he may have a cheaper solution for ya.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Keep in mind, it's realistically a "performance mod"..and those never come cheap. If you get the PCV, get it from Fuel Moto, (i'm sure you've heard this before, but if not, here it is again) ...they're a forum sponsor, and Jamie (Jaime?) at FM will give you free maps for any set up for as long as you own the module. It's really a good deal. I wish I had joined this forum before I bought mine so I could have learned that fun fact, instead I got everything from motorcycle-superstore when they were on sale for like $189 or something crazy like that, then just downloaded the closest map i could to my setup from PC's website.. i'm running a bit rich, but it's close.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:19 PM
BigRedFan74
Novice
Default Shirley is done?

Here's our 2012 Lo. Got her about where I want her. We had a 2010 but I wanted 103 so we traded last summer. I'm so glad I got my Thunderheaders. They look and sound great. Now, I can actually call her Shirley. Fat and sassy like on the old TV show "Whats Happening". Just got to make her more mine now.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-downloadfile-2.jpg  
Old 01-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BigRedFan74
Here's our 2012 Lo. Got her about where I want her. We had a 2010 but I wanted 103 so we traded last summer. I'm so glad I got my Thunderheaders. They look and sound great. Now, I can actually call her Shirley. Fat and sassy like on the old TV show "Whats Happening". Just got to make her more mine now.
Run away from this thread and never look back!

2 late!

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners