Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who keeps receipts? Unless you want your wife to add up the damage herself.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Who keeps receipts? Unless you want your wife to add up the damage herself.
That problem left long ago.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a good bad situation going on with my wife. On the good side she locked herself out of the online access for our bank account so now only I can get on and view the charges. The bad is that she's always home when the UPS/Fedex/Mailman drops by. She's college educated so she can put 2+2 together

Old 01-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Detroit Iron
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I rarely saw a Fat Bob when I had one and like you guys I don't see many Lo's around either. Maybe we just have a certain personality type that causes us to buy uncommon bikes. Has anyone else owned a bike they hardly ever saw another one of. I have good news and bad news. I got my saddlebags in. That's the good news. They look great, also good news. The bad news is that the stage 1 kit I need so I can fit them won't be in for another 3 or 4 weeks. The worse news is that during my attempt to go ahead and put the easy bracket hardware on I managed to strip 3 out of the 4 hex bolts that hold the docking hardware on. I don't know what kind of locktite and cheap steel combo harley threw together but those bolts stripped like nothing. Does anybody have any pro tips for this kind of thing. I've tried hammering in a bigger hex bit but got nowhere with that. I guess I'll head to autozone and get an easy out kit and try that.
I noticed that too, but managed to get the original bolts out without any damage. Are you sure you had the correct size tool? Maybe put some heat on it. Hard to do so close to a painted surface though. You may have to use an easy-out.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, I'm quite single (actually..partly due to my receipts. She didn't like that I put enough money in to my bike that could have gone to a down payment on a ring. I didn't like that I found out she was sleeping with a dude who was married with 2 kids.. so i guess it's a win-win). Anywho, I keep an excel spreadsheet with prices, part numbers, where I purchased, purchase dates, and also what i've taken off the bike and sold and how much money i've made back.. it also has "Future plans" and shows me how much money i'd need to save up to do them.. what a shame it's going to be a little while longer, since daddy just got his firearms purchaser permits in, and daddy's gonna buy some guns :-D

Old 01-11-2012, 10:46 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Spread sheet? Your a sick man :P

Old 01-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

FatBob,
I see you started a thread on your stripped Hex bolts and got 3 pages of answers. I bet it is a relief to know you ain't the only one with that problem.

Sgt. Jim,
I was in a similar situation as you when I was like 20 living with this chick.
She had been harping about a ring and I was in no rush. To hold her off, I told her I had no credit and would have to save up for a while for the expensive ring she wanted. Well...... in the meantime I had been saving some money for a bike that my co worker was selling. I had stashed the cash way under the matress and was almost at my mark. One day soon after, I come home from work, there is dinner on the table with candles and all and she has a grin from ear to ear. We sit down to a nice dinner and we have a nice session in the bedroom afterwards. While I'm lying on my back having a smoke I ask " What's with all the happiness and all the special treatment?" She turns to me and says she was cleaning (snooping) and accidentally discovered the money I had stashed under the matress. She said that she is sooo happy that I had been saving for her ring and that I had enough to buy the one she wanted. She wanted to go out that night and get it. Now in a panic over what's gonna happen with my motorcycle money, I tell her that I couldn't believe she snooped around and spoiled my surprize and how disappointed I am.
Early the next morning before work I call my co worker and tell him to bring in the bike, I'm buying it. That night I rode home on my new bike.
Long story short, the relationship quickyl fizzled out after that! lol
I moved out and enjoyed the bike for like 4 years. She got engauged in less than a year after our break up, got married, had 3 kids and is now divorced. Wow, that couldda been me! I sure am glad I made the right decision. LMAFO

Old 01-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Fierofly
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Haha, I'm quite single (actually..partly due to my receipts. She didn't like that I put enough money in to my bike that could have gone to a down payment on a ring. I didn't like that I found out she was sleeping with a dude who was married with 2 kids.. so i guess it's a win-win). Anywho, I keep an excel spreadsheet with prices, part numbers, where I purchased, purchase dates, and also what i've taken off the bike and sold and how much money i've made back.. it also has "Future plans" and shows me how much money i'd need to save up to do them.. what a shame it's going to be a little while longer, since daddy just got his firearms purchaser permits in, and daddy's gonna buy some guns :-D
You have to get a Firearms purchasers PERMIT ?? Northeasteners?? Why ?? LAND OF THE FREE !!

Old 01-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jester750
Sgt. Jim,
I was in a similar situation as you when I was like 20 living with this chick.
She had been harping about a ring and I was in no rush. To hold her off, I told her I had no credit and would have to save up for a while for the expensive ring she wanted. Well...... in the meantime I had been saving some money for a bike that my co worker was selling. I had stashed the cash way under the matress and was almost at my mark. One day soon after, I come home from work, there is dinner on the table with candles and all and she has a grin from ear to ear. We sit down to a nice dinner and we have a nice session in the bedroom afterwards. While I'm lying on my back having a smoke I ask " What's with all the happiness and all the special treatment?" She turns to me and says she was cleaning (snooping) and accidentally discovered the money I had stashed under the matress. She said that she is sooo happy that I had been saving for her ring and that I had enough to buy the one she wanted. She wanted to go out that night and get it. Now in a panic over what's gonna happen with my motorcycle money, I tell her that I couldn't believe she snooped around and spoiled my surprize and how disappointed I am.
Early the next morning before work I call my co worker and tell him to bring in the bike, I'm buying it. That night I rode home on my new bike.
Long story short, the relationship quickyl fizzled out after that! lol
I moved out and enjoyed the bike for like 4 years. She got engauged in less than a year after our break up, got married, had 3 kids and is now divorced. Wow, that couldda been me! I sure am glad I made the right decision. LMAFO
That sucks, but yeah, could have been you..

Originally Posted by Fierofly
You have to get a Firearms purchasers PERMIT ?? Northeasteners?? Why ?? LAND OF THE FREE !!
And yeah..but mostly in Jersey..i think New York is more lenient.. in Connecticut (where most of my family is), they all have guns on their belts all the time.. This place is just so strict it's ridiculous.. Yeah, purchasers permit, which took a month to get (record time, really).. then from the day I go buy a gun, I have to wait 30 days to pick it up, and I'm only allowed to buy 1 gun every 30 days anyways..so it's not like I can pick up a Kimber and a S&W today and pick them both up in 30 days.. nope.. one today..30 days later, the second..sucks. Concealed carry? Forget about it..not a chance here. Which sucks, because I'd love to mount a holster or something under the gas tank..

Old 01-11-2012, 12:30 PM
SmokeyTN
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Random question (well actually 2 questions).

1. I'd like to extend the brake pedal out further from the bike so that I can get more of my foot on it without my air cleaner getting in the way.

2. I'm worried about my wife getting the inside of her right shoe on the pipes (V&H big radius) when she rides as a passenger. I'd like to extend those another inch or two out as well.

Are there easily available parts for doing moving these things out further from the midline?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners