Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 11:04 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rojuwi
Those bars look damn good. I used the namz extensions too, they made the job SO much easier. I plan on doing the black console (along with other things I would rather not divulge until they are completed) when I get back in April. Also, what tail light is that? I really like the look of it!

And I must say, that is one slick looking color. You sir, have great taste.

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 01-06-2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BikeJunkie225
brutus where did u get the license plate mount from
www.hogrida.com

Great price too

Thanks Jose and TNB. I like that full low profile console from RWD. I may have to talk with them about that.

Last edited by Brutus01; 01-05-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by digital
I just installed a nighttrain console on my 2012 fatboy lo. No issues. There is a small hole on the left side but it is barely noticable.

Thanks for the info. I wanted to try it but my dealer said I could not return it if it did not fit. Can you post some pics of it on your bike and a pic of the hole? I just want to see how it looks. Do you know what the part # is? Thanks.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:18 AM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Captain morgan, thats the bright *** lights smoked taillight. I love it, very nice and bright.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
On the topic of spray paint. I've been thinking of painting some of my parts like the shift levers and brake levers. What paint is the best match for the wrinkle finish? I might just break down and buy a can of the harley paint but when I saw it in the dealer it was something like 23.00 a can.
Honestly, the Rustoleum Truck Bed Liner matches very nicely.. i, personally, screwed mine up pretty bad because I was impatient.. Only did 1 coat, let it dry for a day (it takes like 3), and reinstalled and went for a ride.. Did the brake pedal, shift linkage, shifter arm, several bolts (the brake pedal bolt, the bolts for the shift linkage, and even the acorn nut that holds the horn on).. the bolts all look fine, but everything else, where ever my boot hit it, kinda chipped off. Though the only real reason I even tried it was just to see how it looked. It looks good, therefore, I'm doing a more permanent solution and getting everything powdercoated, and others who have done it properly (3 coats or so, letting it properly dry each time) have had better results.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:45 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you powder coat the console? I want to get mine done but not sure if I should get it powder coated or paint it. Prefer powder coated.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:18 AM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by serjayson
Can you powder coat the console? I want to get mine done but not sure if I should get it powder coated or paint it. Prefer powder coated.
Yes, I had my console and forks powder coated at the same time.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:49 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks TNB

Old 01-06-2012, 12:29 PM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

Originally Posted by Brutus01
www.hogrida.com

Great price too

Thanks Jose and TNB. I like that full low profile console from RWD. I may have to talk with them about that.

I (and many others on here) have this mount on my bike. It's the most dramatic, best value ($25) of anything I have put on. Got it the same week I ordered it. Install took 10 minutes.

I can't recommend it strongly enough.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya know, i look at things lik the hogrida plate thing and think to myself.. "Why can't i just make one?".. seems simple enough. Speaking of which, I'm going on a search for that Leatherworks Metal Bracket Thingie.. if anyone finds the link before I do (i'll edit this post to say ive found it), would they mind posting it please? ..and darn it to shoot, it was 56* here today.. gosh darn i wanted to ride.

edit: found 2 methods

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-finished.html

and

http://chasinwhitelines.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 01-06-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners