Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rojuwi

Got my bars on. 14" BR new wave 2 with magnum black pearl cables
Dang those bars look awesome. I am glad you got them installed so I can get a sneak peek at what they will look like on my bike. I got the 1.5" bars and plan to order some carlini risers. My bars will be a little different than yours because I had Bill do a little something else for me. I am guessing it will still be around the middle of February before I get my bars tho.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

TNB,

"And here I recently removed my thicker leather tool bag with buckles and made way for the one currently on my bike. My latest tool bag has a hidden zipper that is covered by a flap that velcros down and does not lay on the headlight shell. The newer one does not hold as much, but it does not look as bulky on the bike."

What kind and where did you get this last tool bag?

Old 01-05-2012, 07:49 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good rojuwi.I should receive my 12" BR bars soon. Can you tell me what you changed, what length cables, where you bought them and how much you spent? That would help me out. Thanks

Old 01-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice bars. I'm hoping my pullback risers come in this weekend so I can get them installed and be more comfortable. I got the six inch HD pullbacks. I'll get them powder coated eventually along with the bars. Probably when I go do a training op somewhere and won't be able to ride. I tried the mustache bar footrests on the way home today and I think they might actually be pretty comfortable when I'm able to lean back a little more. As far as the rubbed paint under the tool bag goes, the old one had already made some rub marks. I tightened the new one as much as I could and since I plan on leaving it on there for a long time I'll just get the shroud powder coated if it needs it.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Originally Posted by serjayson
Looks good rojuwi.I should receive my 12" BR bars soon. Can you tell me what you changed, what length cables, where you bought them and how much you spent? That would help me out. Thanks
Yeah man, I changed everything. I went plus 6 on the throttle, idle, and clutch lines and went with 50" brake line. I went plus 6 on the brake originally but it didnt fit my 14" bars the way I was comfortable with so I have that one sitting in my garage now. I ordered my cables through Drew at Dr. v twin. Here comes the bad part, I spent $380 on the bars and about $340 on the cables and wire extenders. OUCH. I went with the namz wire extensions too. My bike is 2011 so it was plug and play, didnt have to mess with taking the plugs apart which saved me at least 2 hours on the install. Hope this helps, let me know if there is something else.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:28 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

I'm looking for a black console. Anybody know where I can buy one or does anyone know if I can paint mine and it will hold up? I would powdercoat it but where I'm living I don't have easy access to any pc'ers. I was thinking of some appliance paint because I saw a thread about painting the fork lowers with it (I also would like to try).

Old 01-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm looking for a black console. Anybody know where I can buy one or does anyone know if I can paint mine and it will hold up? I would powdercoat it but where I'm living I don't have easy access to any pc'ers. I was thinking of some appliance paint because I saw a thread about painting the fork lowers with it (I also would like to try).
I seen someone use a black night train console on a FB.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just bought one a few days ago from Surdyke, part number 71248-00A, and it's about $74US after taxes and such.. here's the kicker: The part number on the black one that came was identical to the stamped PN of the stock on i already had on. The only difference was..you guessed it..the black one was powdercoated. Really kind of annoying.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

side note.. the black console really does look good on the tank (gloss black tank of course).. and J&P Cycles has the "Ignition, accessories, off" insert to fit on the console (because it doesn't come with one), for $3. www.jpcycles.com part number: 730-230

Old 01-05-2012, 08:46 PM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bars look good.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners