Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and here's the post that gets removed by the moderators:

anywho, back on topic.. I think it's finally winter here. Too damn cold to ride, but kudos to those brave guys i see out there still doing it up. After the list of stuff i'm having done this winter, I can't think of a single thing else to do before I start ripping in to the engine.. i don't need new tires yet, so i'm good there.. i might need a new battery, but i'll find that out in the spring. (she's been starting rough, then the battery just completely puttered out when i was bringing her in the house..been on a tender and it says it's charged now).. umm.. yeah.. that's about it. I like that tall black sissy bar, but until I find myself a lady friend (not the one pictured), i can't justify buying the sissy bar yet. I'm ready for Spring already.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:11 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the one in the picture doesn't need a high sissy bar

Old 01-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always thought midgets got a premium since they are somewhat rare. To bring things back on topic, ahem. I got the new licks cycles tool bag in today. The cheap Harley piece of junk is now sitting on my work bench until I decide what to do with it. The Licks bag is awesome. The leather is extremely thick and it looks very well made and put together. It has hidden buckles which will make it a lot easier to get stuff in and out of. I think my bags will be here Saturday. That kind of sucks since I'll be waiting on the exhaust for a while but at least I'll be able to get a better idea about how much I can carry in them and how they are going to look. Here's some pics of the new tool bag

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0129.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0130.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0131.jpg  
Old 01-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
and here's the post that gets removed by the moderators:

anywho, back on topic.. I think it's finally winter here. Too damn cold to ride, but kudos to those brave guys i see out there still doing it up. After the list of stuff i'm having done this winter, I can't think of a single thing else to do before I start ripping in to the engine.. i don't need new tires yet, so i'm good there.. i might need a new battery, but i'll find that out in the spring. (she's been starting rough, then the battery just completely puttered out when i was bringing her in the house..been on a tender and it says it's charged now).. umm.. yeah.. that's about it. I like that tall black sissy bar, but until I find myself a lady friend (not the one pictured), i can't justify buying the sissy bar yet. I'm ready for Spring already.
Yea but you really wouldn't need a sissy bar, just throw her in your swing arm bag or in your back pack, and head out lol..... Damn, im pretty sure I'm going to hell for that one

Old 01-05-2012, 03:16 PM
serjayson
Road Captain

Fatbob nice tool bag just make sure it doesn't lean on the headlight shell, it would rub the paint off in time.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speaking of rubbing the paint off.. I dont remember if i mentioned.. Last year when I got the Leatherworks swingarm bag, I wrapped my swingarm with some 33+ tape, and instead of using the leather straps from the bag, i used heavy duty zip ties.. well low and behold, the bag shifted and the zip ties slid off from where i had taped the swingarm, rubbed straight down to the aluminum. I even have the rear axel nut covers (the black ones) installed, and the back of the bag rubbed against that and took the paint off of that in 1 spot too. So now I rewrapped the entire swingarm in thicker tape (rather than just where the zip ties would strap down)..so i'm hoping for better luck now.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL What happened to this thread?:P

O btw...by end of the day shotguns should be ordered! Now that I am not bagging.

Atm the rear fender getting fitted and light rings getting satin chromed to match the polish alum.

Pic here taken during first mock up...they were able to drop the tail another inch and still fit the detachables.

Name:  e02691a0-1.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  84.1 KB

Old 01-05-2012, 03:37 PM
serjayson
Road Captain

Yeah it happened to me to. So I attached a metal plate to that back of the bag and attached it to the belt guard. I forgot who had that write up. But it worked like a charm and looks way better.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:40 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
The leather is extremely thick and it looks very well made and put together. It has hidden buckles which will make it a lot easier to get stuff in and out of.
And here I recently removed my thicker leather tool bag with buckles and made way for the one currently on my bike. My latest tool bag has a hidden zipper that is covered by a flap that velcros down and does not lay on the headlight shell. The newer one does not hold as much, but it does not look as bulky on the bike.

Originally Posted by SmokeyTN
Half a hooker doesn't charge any price at all.
That is something I would not know even living in a state where prostitution is legal throughout most of the state (though not in this county as well as two other counties).

Last edited by TNB; 01-05-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:27 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Name:  utf-8BSU1BRzAxNDUuanBn.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  118.7 KBName:  utf-8BSU1BRzAxNDcuanBn.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  66.8 KBName:  utf-8BSU1BRzAxNDYuanBn.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  47.3 KB
Got my bars on. 14" BR new wave 2 with magnum black pearl cables