Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
SGT Jim, you are gonna have to let me know how you cut your air cleaner like that. What did you use to cut the circle out? Do they make a holesaw that big? It looks pretty damn slick.

I plan on picking up a big sucker air cleaner soon (I have nothing to do on my free time out here except shop for stuff for my bike and my wife...) and I seriously like the look of how you did the cover. Looks really clean. Did you also do the dealer download as well of do you have the PCV or something? Cost?

I am telling you, the longer I am out here, the longer my wishlist (AKA "eventually buy list") gets...
I'm actually using the map closest to my set up from the PowerCommander website.. i think it's running too rich though because my spark plugs are pretty black. But since i'm changing my exhaust anyways, I'm probably going to send my bike over to a friend of mine who does Dyno tuning and PC mapping and have the bike properly tuned..probably gonna run me about $300 bucks, but if it gets me any more power and/or saves me a few MPG's (i only average about 42-44 right now, should be at about 47)..then it's worth it.

As far as actually cutting down the cover.. Yeah, I just used a Dremel Tool with a cutting bit (actually 2 cutting bits because the first wore down pretty quick), and basically followed this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2909122-post642.html

The only difference between what he did and what i did (aside from he had a die grinder and i didnt), was that when it came to sanding down the rough edges, I used a hand-file as opposed to his grinder.. i felt that I had more control with the hand file and it gave me a smoother, rounder edge. The material is just aluminum so it's very soft on it's own and the whole process from start to finish (including masking and such) took about 2 hours (mostly because i went very very slowly with the cutting).

overall it's not really that hard of a mod at all, and it looks great when you're done with it. good luck

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 01-04-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Cool Sac was waiting for me when I got home from work. Fortunately I got it put on without sling oil everywhere. It doesn't look too bad I think and it's passed it's first test. I took it to Publix to get some groceries and two 12packs of Dr. Pepper, 2 avocados, ketchup and some other odds and ends fit inside just fine. I strapped a couple of bags of chips to the bag as well. It seems really well made and I think it's going to work out pretty good. I've got some more goodies coming. I decided to get the siren and pager to go with my security system but I'm not sure when they'll get here. Hopefully the install will go smoothly.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0123.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0124.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0125.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0126.jpg  

Last edited by Fatbob usmc EOD; 01-04-2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: wrong pictures
Old 01-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
The Cool Sac was waiting for me when I got home from work. Fortunately I got it put on without sling oil everywhere. It doesn't look too bad I think and it's passed it's first test. I took it to Publix to get some groceries and two 12packs of Dr. Pepper, 2 avocados, ketchup and some other odds and ends fit inside just fine. I strapped a couple of bags of chips to the bag as well. It seems really well made and I think it's going to work out pretty good. I've got some more goodies coming. I decided to get the siren and pager to go with my security system but I'm not sure when they'll get here. Hopefully the install will go smoothly.
Dang that thing is huge. You could probably put a small child in it.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Sac

Holy crap DB - I could pack for Alaska in that thing. JK

Looks like you had some Sunshine there today.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

I kind of figured it would be pretty big since it said on the website that it was 4000 cubic inches. I'm really looking forward to just being able to cram stuff in it instead of trying to fit it all in my backpack. Once I get my saddlebags I'll take a look at rolling with it all the time or not.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

holy hell, you could fit at least 1 1/2 dead hookers in there..i mean..wait..

Old 01-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

If you want to carry 1.5 hookers you can only fit one in the Sac so the half has to be put on the passenger seat and strapped to the sissy bar. I got the tracking info on my Licks Cycle tool bag. It should be in tomorrow to replace the cheap Harley piece of junk I have now.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

what if the 1/2 a hooker was a midget?

Old 01-05-2012, 10:50 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Would she charge 1/2 price?

Old 01-05-2012, 12:01 PM
SmokeyTN
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by serjayson
Would she charge 1/2 price?
Half a hooker doesn't charge any price at all.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners