Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys, looking for a little advise,starting my winter mods and looking for some opions,I'm getting rid of all the gloss black, so trying to deside on the rear fender struts, going to wrinkled black or flat ?

Old 01-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

okay i'm an idiot..you say get rid of all the gloss, so that means you've got the denim black version? if so, the rear fender struts, personally, i'd go flat.. there's no wrinkle on the right hand side of the bike (unless you've done your clutch housing cover black already), so it wouldn't look right.. but the flat would match the frame better on both sides

Old 01-03-2012, 09:13 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah what Sgt. said

Old 01-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
okay i'm an idiot..you say get rid of all the gloss, so that means you've got the denim black version? if so, the rear fender struts, personally, i'd go flat.. there's no wrinkle on the right hand side of the bike (unless you've done your clutch housing cover black already), so it wouldn't look right.. but the flat would match the frame better on both sides
Yes it's denim lo, that's what I thought as well I'm going to do primary, crank case,trans and upper and lower rocker boxes wrinkle black when I take the bike to Fuel Moto for my 107 upgrade, and I found black braided oil lines last night on line for when I put a oil cooler on, also going to have headlight bucket and trim around head light either powdercoated or I'll just paint as well as triple tree down flat black, hoping taxes will be nice to me this year, so I can get it all done before riding season starts back up, divorce drained my accounts so I'm starting over, got to keep my bike and the house so I can't complain to much.... Lol thx for the advise

Old 01-03-2012, 10:40 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

That's funny: you are trying to get rid of the gloss black, and I am going to be adding more. To each his own on these things.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm so very near the end with mine.. Last summer I did the Rustoleum Truck Bed Liner treatment on my brake pedal and shift linkage .. it didn't come out right and is already chipping off..so i'm having everything PC'd wrinkle black, along with the clutch housing cover, and the exhaust i'm putting on in a velvet black.. then as far as looks, i think that's about it. Maybe a black oil dipstick, but i'm not paying $250 for the HD one. it's a dipstick for pete's sake. $500 is too much for the LED headlight, and I don't really ride at night much anyways.. and I'm waiting until I have closer to 15k miles on the engine before I rebuild it to something bigger... so yeah.. after this round of powdercoating, i think i'm about done.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I'm so very near the end with mine.. Last summer I did the Rustoleum Truck Bed Liner treatment on my brake pedal and shift linkage .. it didn't come out right and is already chipping off..so i'm having everything PC'd wrinkle black, along with the clutch housing cover, and the exhaust i'm putting on in a velvet black.. then as far as looks, i think that's about it. Maybe a black oil dipstick, but i'm not paying $250 for the HD one. it's a dipstick for pete's sake. $500 is too much for the LED headlight, and I don't really ride at night much anyways.. and I'm waiting until I have closer to 15k miles on the engine before I rebuild it to something bigger... so yeah.. after this round of powdercoating, i think i'm about done.
Funny I did the same thing with the bed liner they actually came out great did 3 coats each waiting a day between then waiting 3 days before I reinstalled, they have lasted about 3k miles so far and looks like I just did them, I also removed the heal shifter and sprayed the shaft cover, that's starting to show a little wear, I guess that's because my boot rests on it but still looks good

Old 01-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for mailing the new dipstick so quickly Willie D. It came this afternoon. Unfortunately in my haste to get the old dipstick out I pulled too hard and ended up slinging a little oil on my bike. I think I got it "all" with a rag and some denim paint cleaner I've definitely learned to be more careful when removing the dipstick. I guess that's one of those things you learn when you transition from one bike to another. I have to say I preferred the screw in type on my Dyna. It looks good though. Sgt Jim if you want one you can get them for about 120 from Syrdyke. Of course that doesn't count shipping. I've also posted my Super Reduced Reach seat in the classifieds if anyone's interested. 160.00 shipped. It's got maybe 20 or so miles on it so it's in great shape. I ordered my saddlebags yesterday and they should be here in a few weeks. Here's a pic of the new bags and one of the dipstick.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0120.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-b4a4c68cf1881f2f398d11f5fa46a9df.image.750x500.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-b43c45dbd6fe761c46c696ae6033bfbe.image.750x435.jpg  

Last edited by Fatbob usmc EOD; 01-03-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Voodoo509
6th Gear
Default New Exhaust

Hello all!

I have owned my Lo for about 1 1/2 years now and I am finally getting around to changing the Exhaust. I haven't tried anything yet but can someone tell me how the stock exhaust mounting bracket works. I am planning on a Vance and Hines short shots but it looks like the stock exhaust mount with the passenger footpeg is one assembly. Is this correct or am I looking at it wrong. If this is correct what do I do to retain the passenger footpeg but remove the mount. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Voodoo. I was looking closely at mine the other day. I'll be putting on new pipes soon. It looks to me like the exhaust bracket is not an integrated piece. The bolt that mounts the passenger peg does appear to be going through the bracket but I don't think they are one piece. To get to the bolt the passenger peg itself has to be removed. It's behind the pivot point. You might need a spacer or something though. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners