Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 10:29 AM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
The wait for the exhaust is because it's a '12 I guess. I called Fuel Moto today to make the order and they said that Vance and Hines isn't releasing the BSS in black until February. I think the chrome ones might be out now. There different then the 11's because of the new 02 sensor size. I've heard there is adapters that would make a set of 11' pipes work but I think I'd rather wait a little instead.
I got my black BSS in early November for my 2012 Lo (they are the 2012 version with no adapters needed). I would call V&H and ask them. They were cool everytime I called to check on stuff I was waiting for.

Last edited by RedNose44; 12-30-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just took off my BSS's and might be looking to sell them, they're for the '10 and '11 models though, which will fit the '12s but you'd need the O2 sensor adapter kit

Old 12-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my Air Shammy bike dryer in today. I'm actually looking forward to washing the bike tomorrow. Also got the 1000 mile service done at the dealer today. They had a special going so I didn't get raked over the coals too bad. My J & S lift will be here next week so I'll be able to start doing them myself. I should have got my Cool SAC deluxe in today but it got sent to the wrong address and is being rerouted. I had the dealer hold up the street slammers and it didn't look like they would be much closer so I had the dealer order the 6 inch curved risers and I'm going to try those instead. They should be here in about a week or so. The Lo is slowly but surely coming together.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:02 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Made my morning trip down to Ricor Racing Shocks today in order to have the Ricor Intimidators installed. The ride appears to be so much better.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by digital
Well what you waiting for, lets see it...
Well, Lets see now.. I installed it the day after Christmas. Rode the bike for an hour then put it away because I got called and had to leave town for a few months. Seems that some one forgot to tell a couple of contractors I work for I was taking a couple of weeks off. Oh well. When I get home next and if the weather is good I will take some pics. I also put on the Harley Goodies floorboard extensions,Harley Black Diamond fuel cap set, My new tach/speedo, and Leatherworks Solo bag.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm debating about doing the floorboard extensions.. i never pay attention to it when i'm riding about how my feet sit on the boards.. there's times when i'd like to move everything forward a bit, then times when I don't..idk, depends on the weather i guess.. when it's warm, i like to widen my stance on the boards, and in this pitiful cold-ish weather, i like to hug that motor pretty hard haha

Old 12-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think I really need floorboard extensions but I'm thinking about putting in a right side heel guard. I think if I had the heel guard I would be able to use the entire right side floorboard since I wouldn't be worried about melting my boot on the pipes. Does anyone have any experience with heel guards. I've been looking at the HD forum sponsor Rock Hard Rails heel guards. If I remember right they don't require drilling. The only problem is they are all chrome. Maybe they'll ship me one raw and I can paint it myself

Old 12-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Detroit Iron
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Toonz
Just a heads up to anyone that is installing docking hardware for detachable side plates (or a solo luggage rack) and doesn't want to use the turn signal relocation kit. If you plan to use the magnetic covers for the docking hardware they won't fit properly because part of the turn signal mount is too close to the rear docking point.

I ran into that today and decided the easiest solution was to use my dremel and shave a bit off the turn signal mount so that the magnetic covers fit properly. I painted the newly created flat spot up with some "touch up" paint and called it good. Covers fit perfectly now and unless you know what you're looking at you don't even notice the change.

I installed the docking hardware the same way. I just ground a little off. I wonder if a detachable sissy bar will still mount ok being that close to the turn signal. Have you tried to mount anything yet?

Old 12-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Neekster
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Youngneg
sorry!!!!! ....started new years early!!!!...My scoot`s in the shop gettin a face lift( new bars and pc`ing many other things...post pics soon ...hopefully)...but as she`s laid up i`m thinkin about lowering her hiney about an inch or so... i hear there`s kits...what did you guy`s or gal`s use to lower the scoot....Happy New Year to one and ALL!!!

I got my kit (that Chuck installed - since your bike is there anyway) from this website: http://www.harleyloweringkits.com/soloki.html

It is really cheap!!! And of the same exact quality of the expensive ones. Took chuck 30 minutes to do and it lowered my rear 1.5 inches. Looks AWESOME!!! He advised me not to lower the front since the bike is already EXTREMELY low. Also, make sure you get the Kuryakyn kit that moves the floorboards out and forward 1 inch. If you don't your boards will scrape even if you THINK about turning! It's that bad! I scraped when I turned every time on the way home.

Good luck. Be safe.

Neekster

Old 12-31-2011, 07:16 AM
SkinnyonFatboyLo
Cruiser

Well worked on the Lo last nIght. Installed a horrid license plate bracket, black tribal goodies, and changed the bars to LA Choppers black beach bars. Got as far as I could everything is mounted just need to change the throttle cable, idle cable, and brake line.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners