Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:22 PM
FormerBueller
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Youngneg
Lo brotha`s.....got a question.... my bikes in the shop, and i`d like to lower her .....bout an inch or so.....how did ya do it?.
Front or Rear? ... or both?

Old 12-29-2011, 08:38 PM
TNB
Road Master

Lo brotha`s.....got a question.... my bikes in the shop, and i`d like to lower her .....bout an inch or so.....how did ya do it?.
I lowered the rear of my bike with Shotgun Shocks though there are other ways as well. I think Progressive also has a kit to lower the front. My front shocks are getting worked on tomorrow morning, but I'm not having a lowering kit installed. I'm just hoping to get a much better ride.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Youngneg
Tourer

Originally Posted by FormerBueller
Front or Rear? ... or both?
sorry!!!!! ....started new years early!!!!...My scoot`s in the shop gettin a face lift( new bars and pc`ing many other things...post pics soon ...hopefully)...but as she`s laid up i`m thinkin about lowering her hiney about an inch or so... i hear there`s kits...what did you guy`s or gal`s use to lower the scoot....Happy New Year to one and ALL!!!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

sorry!!!!! ....started new years early!!!!...My scoot`s in the shop gettin a face lift( new bars and pc`ing many other things...post pics soon ...hopefully)...but as she`s laid up i`m thinkin about lowering her hiney about an inch or so... i hear there`s kits...what did you guy`s or gal`s use to lower the scoot....Happy New Year to one and ALL!!!
If all you need is 1 to 1 1/2 inch the softail lowering kit from these guys ( http://www.softailloweringkit.com/ ) is great. It takes only 15 min to 1/2 hours to install and you don't need to remove or disassemble your shocks. I have it on my bike and love it. No pics yet but the ride feels the same. It's not any worse then it was before.

Last edited by Misbehaven; 12-29-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:59 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I ordered a power package from Fuel Moto today. I'm getting Vance and Hines BSS, a Power Vision tuner, and Fuel Moto's SE 1 air cleaner. The bad news is the pipes won't be released till February 6th so I guess I will be waiting for a little while till I can put on my saddlebags. It's gonna take a few weeks to get the saddlebags made so I guess it all works out. My deluxe SAC should be here tomorrow so I'll have a workable luggage option in the meantime. I'm also supposed to get my Air Shammy in tomorrow so it looks like washing the bike will be on Saturday's agenda.
Why so long for the exhaust? I have had my BSS for a couple months now.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wait for the exhaust is because it's a '12 I guess. I called Fuel Moto today to make the order and they said that Vance and Hines isn't releasing the BSS in black until February. I think the chrome ones might be out now. There different then the 11's because of the new 02 sensor size. I've heard there is adapters that would make a set of 11' pipes work but I think I'd rather wait a little instead.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:55 AM
FormerBueller
Intermediate

I lowered my rear using the little things that lengthen the rear shock bolts. Rides a little worse than before but it is worth it for the look.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:46 AM
digital
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
If all you need is 1 to 1 1/2 inch the softail lowering kit from these guys ( http://www.softailloweringkit.com/ ) is great. It takes only 15 min to 1/2 hours to install and you don't need to remove or disassemble your shocks. I have it on my bike and love it. No pics yet but the ride feels the same. It's not any worse then it was before.
Well what you waiting for, lets see it...

Old 12-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Lo Boy

Originally Posted by digital
Well what you waiting for, lets see it...
This was mine before I traded for the CVO.http://Name:  LoBoyLowered004.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  131.6 KB

I miss ya

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
LoBoyLowered004.jpg (131.6 KB, 61 views)
Old 12-30-2011, 10:03 AM
digital
Cruiser

That looks great. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners